Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have all become too sensitive
Kornheiser's apology was ridiculous.

What the hell ?

Quit being so damn sensitive nancy.

Why is it that white people are the only group left that can be made fun of ?
Wowie Groovie !
Because we are the represors of peoples. I don't agree with it but it is the reasoning I hear most often. So now the only ok racism is racism against whites.
I'm white, and my family came to this country aboard the Mayflower as servants to the wealthier pilgrims....think I could get in on some of that sweet ass reparation cash?
Unfortunately, I don't think so. You have to be black to get reparations. Just ask Jessy Jackson.
It all boils down to 'equality'. We treat minorities 'equally' by giving them special treatment. I'm not sure if we want to make this into a giant political debate but if we truely want equality then we need to treat people truely equal. If one dick is rude, do i have to be terribly un-rude to offset?

I don't think so.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I totally agree Howie.

I try to treat all people as God has told me to . . . as I want to be treated. Yes, I have my flaws, because I am human and humans sin; however, for the most part, I am a very nice person. Unfortunately, I was brought up in a prejudice society that taught me certain stereotypical behavior that I try to suppress, but it happens. Prejudice is a thought, racism is an action.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Well put, howie
Kumbaaayaaa my Lord, Kumbaaaayaaaaa.

Everyone now.

Kumbaaayaaa my Lord, Kumbaaaayaaaaa.
I think the 2 groups that are allowed to picked on must be the whites and the Christians. We have to pay for what our ancestors did in regards to slavery. And now all of our Christian holidays are being mocked. No more "Merry Christmas". It has to be "Happy Holidays"
hotsauce Wrote:I think the 2 groups that are allowed to picked on must be the whites and the Christians. We have to pay for what our ancestors did in regards to slavery. And now all of our Christian holidays are being mocked. No more "Merry Christmas". It has to be "Happy Holidays"

I guess if that's our penance as a people for centuries of persecution against others, I'm okay with it.
Fistor Wrote:
hotsauce Wrote:I think the 2 groups that are allowed to picked on must be the whites and the Christians. We have to pay for what our ancestors did in regards to slavery. And now all of our Christian holidays are being mocked. No more "Merry Christmas". It has to be "Happy Holidays"

I guess if that's our penance as a people for centuries of persecution against others, I'm okay with it.

I'm not. Losing our holidays is only the beginning. ( Press 1 for English)...
jus' P Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I guess if that's our penance as a people for centuries of persecution against others, I'm okay with it.

I'm not. Losing our holidays is only the beginning. ( Press 1 for English)...

A minor inconvenience at best. I'm not quite to the point where I'm whining about being oppressed yet.
Fistor Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:I'm not. Losing our holidays is only the beginning. ( Press 1 for English)...

A minor inconvenience at best. I'm not quite to the point where I'm whining about being oppressed yet.

I don't quite view it as being oppressed, I just don't think it's right to have to pay for other peoples sins/mistakes. I'm seventh generation Euro-trash. Was closer to being a slave than ever actually owning one. Living in an economy that rewards the slackers and punishes those of us who are actually trying to better ourselves.

Call whining, call it whatever. Bitchin' is all I got 'cause it's never going to get better...That's just reality.
jus' P Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:A minor inconvenience at best. I'm not quite to the point where I'm whining about being oppressed yet.

I don't quite view it as being oppressed, I just don't think it's right to have to pay for other peoples sins/mistakes. I'm seventh generation Euro-trash. Was closer to being a slave than ever actually owning one. Living in an economy that rewards the slackers and punishes those of us who are actually trying to better ourselves.

Call whining, call it whatever. Bitchin' is all I got 'cause it's never going to get better...That's just reality.

Not calling you a whiner at all. I'm just saying if that's the worse thing I have to go through as a white male, I can deal with it. I don't feel I should pay for the sins of my fathers either, but if this is the way it is, so be it. There is a hell of a lot of racism/persecution/oppression still going on that I will never experience, so I don't mind "sacrificing" an extremely small amount of my life if it makes things better as a whole.
Fistor Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:I don't quite view it as being oppressed, I just don't think it's right to have to pay for other peoples sins/mistakes. I'm seventh generation Euro-trash. Was closer to being a slave than ever actually owning one. Living in an economy that rewards the slackers and punishes those of us who are actually trying to better ourselves.

Not calling you a whiner at all. I'm just saying if that's the worse thing I have to go through as a white male, I can deal with it. I don't feel I should pay for the sins of my fathers either, but if this is the way it is, so be it. There is a hell of a lot of racism/persecution/oppression still going on that I will never experience, so I don't mind "sacrificing" an extremely small amount of my life if it makes things better as a whole.

it's not just your life, it's the lives and lifestyles of our children. and if you mean, "getting better as a whole", to be white kids acting like gansta wanna be thugs, it's awesome. If you think gated communites are going to hold back the tide...

I understand being born a white male (right or wrong), has certain advantages. But those days are closing fast. The world made a big deal about stupid Imus and the "nappy comments". Yet its ok for blacks to run around saying nigga this and nigga that. Wait 'till you catch your daughter grinding to some F in song about "shorty".

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. The view from here is different.
jus' P Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Not calling you a whiner at all. I'm just saying if that's the worse thing I have to go through as a white male, I can deal with it. I don't feel I should pay for the sins of my fathers either, but if this is the way it is, so be it. There is a hell of a lot of racism/persecution/oppression still going on that I will never experience, so I don't mind "sacrificing" an extremely small amount of my life if it makes things better as a whole.

it's not just your life, it's the lives and lifestyles of our children. and if you mean, "getting better as a whole", to be white kids acting like gansta wanna be thugs, it's awesome. If you think gated communites are going to hold back the tide...

I understand being born a white male (right or wrong), has certain advantages. But those days are closing fast. The world made a big deal about stupid Imus and the "nappy comments". Yet its ok for blacks to run around saying nigga this and nigga that. Wait 'till you catch your daughter grinding to some F in song about "shorty".

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. The view from here is different.

Do you have beer goggles on? Maybe you're not wearing your glasses?
speedbump Wrote:Do you have beer goggles on? Maybe you're not wearing your glasses?

I can see just fine thank you. Maybe you could elaborate?
jus' P Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:Do you have beer goggles on? Maybe you're not wearing your glasses?

I can see just fine thank you. Maybe you could elaborate?

I agree with Fistor, and find your view is somehow distorted.
Yea, ya grumpy ole cuss, sounds like yer a gun lov'in, bible thumpin, rebel hick, who's fix'n ta vote fer that Palin chick.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Fistor Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:I don't quite view it as being oppressed, I just don't think it's right to have to pay for other peoples sins/mistakes. I'm seventh generation Euro-trash. Was closer to being a slave than ever actually owning one. Living in an economy that rewards the slackers and punishes those of us who are actually trying to better ourselves.

Please give examples of racism/persecution/oppression going on. I'm not being a smarta$$ but I want to know the terrible goings on, I don't watch the news. Are there lynchings and beatings going on? People not being allowed to enter buildings because of the color of their skin or religious beliefs? Or are people saying something about fried chicken, or laundry mats...

[Rant] I thought this thread was simply about people being too sensitive not a "which race is being oppressed" thread. I think we're being too sensitive to everyone, and sensitive is probably not the word I would use. We as americans are compliant to the point where no one will have any rights at all because it will hurt someones "feelings". I don't think it should be easier for any race/sex/or religion, but it is, but when the extreme measures are being used to rectify the problems we end up with less qualified people getting jobs, good business people losing their small businesses, loving families losing their homes.
Everyone should be treated equal, sure, but truthfully, we all equally get treated like crap by somone at some point in time.
To let you think that that one person or barrier can stop you from being successful is stupid, it just makes you work harder and makes you a stronger person, but people should not be "given" opportunities simply because they are man, woman, white, black, brown, yellow, purple, lemon or lime. I personally would rather have a black woman doctor that was top of the class because they worked hard and were more gifted, than have black woman doctor that could barely pass the exams but got hired because of affirmative action.
Yes we are too sensitive. I'd tell you to go grow some, but that might be sexist and i would have to apologize. [end Rant]
When does the restitution end? I read somewhere that i'll be a minority (white males) by 2020, not sure if it's true but at that point do my kids start getting incentives for college, free lunches and breakfast at school?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
speedbump Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:I can see just fine thank you. Maybe you could elaborate?

With all due respect, you're 18 effing years old. You'd do well to get a lot more green off of you before you say something so pretentious and condescending.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
We need Race Credits like the Carbon Credits....I need someone to by African or Mexican Race Credits to offset my White

I'm like Al Gore....
Mad Dog Wrote:Yea, ya grumpy ole cuss, sounds like yer a gun lov'in, bible thumpin, rebel hick, who's fix'n ta vote fer that Palin chick.

LMFAO...I mean really, that's what you got from that?

I have 6 kids in the house, so no guns.( If you have to unlock it, it's too late)

I was raised Catholic,(including school) and haven't been back in 20 years.

I am from MN raised in PA, educated University of Wisconsin, served 3 yrs in Germany defending this country and resemble a hick in no way.(check Titan's thread or Let's see you)

...And since that Effin Oil man in the Whitehouse Effed up my world getting his pockets fat, I will never vote Republican again.

Oh, and I love baseball and rap music...

Still Effin laughing
speedbump Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:I can see just fine thank you. Maybe you could elaborate?

My view is distorted, it comes from living. I've done/seen a lot of things in my 41 years. There is no way to describe the birth of a child or the death of a spouse. They say a man has three points of view in this life. As a child, as an adult and as an elder. One day, your world will be shaken to it's very core and you'll know what I mean.
jus' P Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Yea, ya grumpy ole cuss, sounds like yer a gun lov'in, bible thumpin, rebel hick, who's fix'n ta vote fer that Palin chick.

I have 6 kids in the house, so no guns.( If you have to unlock it, it's too late)

I am from MN raised in PA, educated University of Wisconsin, served 3 yrs in Germany defending this country and resemble a hick in no way.(check Titan's thread or Let's see you)

...And since that Effin Oil man in the Whitehouse Effed up my world getting his pockets fat, I will never vote Republican again.

Still Effin laughing

*Applause*
jus' P Wrote:

Still Effin laughing

No not really, I was just piling on. Plus I'm sure it made Speedbump feel good. See this thread really is true. See how touchy we all are. Tongue
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
jus' P Wrote:
speedbump Wrote:I agree with Fistor, and find your view is somehow distorted.

My view is distorted, it comes from living. I've done/seen a lot of things in my 41 years. There is no way to describe the birth of a child or the death of a spouse. They say a man has three points of view in this life. As a child, as an adult and as an elder. One day, your world will be shaken to it's very core and you'll know what I mean.

Couldn't agree with you more Plunger +1. Two kids + One divorce - one father + 42 years= one mad dog.
Admin Wrote:

With all due respect, you're 18 effing years old. You'd do well to get a lot more green off of you before you say something so pretentious and condescending.

That's right, I'm supposed to be ignorant of everything, sorry I forgot. I'll get back to you in ten years.

...with all due respect.
sunshyne Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Not calling you a whiner at all. I'm just saying if that's the worse thing I have to go through as a white male, I can deal with it. I don't feel I should pay for the sins of my fathers either, but if this is the way it is, so be it. There is a hell of a lot of racism/persecution/oppression still going on that I will never experience, so I don't mind "sacrificing" an extremely small amount of my life if it makes things better as a whole.

Please give examples of racism/persecution/oppression going on. I'm not being a smarta$$ but I want to know the terrible goings on, I don't watch the news. Are there lynchings and beatings going on? People not being allowed to enter buildings because of the color of their skin or religious beliefs?

Lemme get this straight, you're.....not being a smartass?

Sure, whites cops aren't blasting black people with fire hoses anymore. Therefore everyone is treated equal now.

Are you seriously trying to tell me there is no more racism? Are you focking serious? I just sat at a bar with a black man and watched the white bartender completely treat him like a pile of shit, and ten minutes before that he was talking to me like a long lost cousin. Maybe he developed a headache in that time, or maybe he didn't like black people based on the color of their skin. I'm guessing the latter.

All I'm saying is racism still exists. Anti-semitism still exists. Sexism still exists. We are absolutely better as a society than we were 30, 40, 50 years ago, but it's still there. My point is I'll never see any of it, being a white male. And if my biggest inconvenience is having to press 1 for English, then I'll be a 1 pressing motherEffer with a smile on my face. Because I'll never know what it's like to be judged based upon the color of my skin, or what I have between my legs.
Admin Wrote:

18 year olds aren't allowed to express their viewpoints anymore?

What the hell did he say that was so "pretentious and condescending"? He said he thought plunger's view was distorted. How is that in any way "pretentious and condescending"? It's an opinion. Even 18 year olds are allowed to have them.
jus' P Wrote:

it's not just your life, it's the lives and lifestyles of our children. and if you mean, "getting better as a whole", to be white kids acting like gansta wanna be thugs, it's awesome.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I yearn for the day in which every white kid acts like a gangsta wannabe thug. You read me perfectly.

Honestly, if my son one day decides to tilt his cap to the right a little, I'm not going to shit my pants and hold an intervention. I really don't mind the cross-pollination of cultures. I think learning more about different people and cultures and being tolerant of them can only be a good thing.
Fistor Wrote:18 year olds aren't allowed to express their viewpoints anymore?

What the hell did he say that was so "pretentious and condescending"? He said he thought plunger's view was distorted. How is that in any way "pretentious and condescending"? It's an opinion. Even 18 year olds are allowed to have them.

He can express his viewpoints all he'd like (nice strawman).

What he said was pretentious and condescending because it was just so dismissive. It was elitist in nature.

Admit it, at 18 you thought you knew everything too. Then life set in.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Fistor Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:it's not just your life, it's the lives and lifestyles of our children. and if you mean, "getting better as a whole", to be white kids acting like gansta wanna be thugs, it's awesome.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I yearn for the day in which every white kid acts like a gangsta wannabe thug. You read me perfectly.

Honestly, if my son one day decides to tilt his cap to the right a little, I'm not going to shit my pants and hold an intervention. I really don't mind the cross-pollination of cultures. I think learning more about different people and cultures and being tolerant of them can only be a good thing.

A tipped hat is not culture. It is fashion. Music, cooking, history, etc. is culture. The big afro's of the 60's and 70's was not culture, it was a fashion fad. Culture is not something that changes with the products being sold at the "new cool store". If that was the case, Benercrombie would be a textbook example of white culture. How scary does that sound.

Just as our parents were criticized for their long "hippie" hair, and we were criticized for the parachute pants (you know you had them), our kids will be criticized for their fashion. Someday they will look back and say "wow, did we look like idiots". It's a parents choice how far they want to let their kids get into the fashion trends. Reasons may very from budget to bigotry, but it is still their choice.

Myself, I agree with Plunger. I wouldn't let me kids look like a gangsta. But my reason is that I don't want people to think that they are morons. Because when I see some kid with his pants hanging down and his hat tipped, the first thought is "That kids an idiot and will be flipping burgers or in prison for the next 30 years." Call me a short minded bigot if you will. I don't care, it's my choice and my kids.
airhornahole Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I yearn for the day in which every white kid acts like a gangsta wannabe thug. You read me perfectly.

A tipped hat is not culture. It is fashion. Music, cooking, history, etc. is culture. The big afro's of the 60's and 70's was not culture, it was a fashion fad. Culture is not something that changes with the products being sold at the "new cool store". If that was the case, Benercrombie would be a textbook example of white culture. How scary does that sound.

Just as our parents were criticized for their long "hippie" hair, and we were criticized for the parachute pants (you know you had them), our kids will be criticized for their fashion. Someday they will look back and say "wow, did we look like idiots". It's a parents choice how far they want to let their kids get into the fashion trends. Reasons may very from budget to bigotry, but it is still their choice.

Myself, I agree with Plunger. I wouldn't let me kids look like a gangsta. But my reason is that I don't want people to think that they are morons. Because when I see some kid with his pants hanging down and his hat tipped, the first thought is "That kids an idiot and will be flipping burgers or in prison for the next 30 years." Call me a short minded bigot if you will. I don't care, it's my choice and my kids.

1. Culture has nothing to do with fashion?

2. If my kid wants to dress like a gangsta, I might not like it, but I don't think I would put up a huge fuss. I dressed like an idiot in school, too. A lot of people did. So what? Who cares? It has no bearing whatsoever on what kinda career he'll have, or who he'll marry, or how many kids he'll have. So I might tell him he looks like a moron, but I'll say it with a smile.

I don't recall calling anyone a short minded bigot, if that's what you're implying.
Admin Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:18 year olds aren't allowed to express their viewpoints anymore?

He can express his viewpoints all he'd like (nice strawman).

What he said was pretentious and condescending because it was just so dismissive. It was elitist in nature.

I didn't read it that way at all, but maybe I missed the tone.
That ain't all you missed
And he ain't comin' back

Lido
woah oh oh oh woah oh oh oh
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Fistor Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:A tipped hat is not culture. It is fashion. Music, cooking, history, etc. is culture. The big afro's of the 60's and 70's was not culture, it was a fashion fad. Culture is not something that changes with the products being sold at the "new cool store". If that was the case, Benercrombie would be a textbook example of white culture. How scary does that sound.

No, it does not. Fashion is a fad, not culture.

2. If my kid wants to dress like a gangsta, I might not like it, but I don't think I would put up a huge fuss. I dressed like an idiot in school, too. A lot of people did. So what? Who cares? It has no bearing whatsoever on what kinda career he'll have, or who he'll marry, or how many kids he'll have. So I might tell him he looks like a moron, but I'll say it with a smile.

If that works for you, great. It doesn't work for me. Isn't America a great place?

I don't recall calling anyone a short minded bigot, if that's what you're implying.

You didn't. but, some would just from my opinions.
Fistor Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:A tipped hat is not culture. It is fashion. Music, cooking, history, etc. is culture. The big afro's of the 60's and 70's was not culture, it was a fashion fad. Culture is not something that changes with the products being sold at the "new cool store". If that was the case, Benercrombie would be a textbook example of white culture. How scary does that sound.

First, fashion has everything to do with culture. How do people identify others with the same culture? How they look! If I walked into the Bob ('the' club in gr) with a pink polo and levis, people will think of me as a bro ("white" culture). But if I wore a pit stained t with sweat pants, there would be a compleatly different reaction because I don't fit with the culture of the club. But I digress. The point is people look at what you wear as an indication as to what culture you hail from.
Just as an example of what people wear in high school not mattering, I knew a guy who wore all black, parachute pants, dyed his mowhawk black, and wore eyeliner. Rediculus, right? Now he owns a business and looks as such. Just my two cents.
I guess I see culture as more of a historical thing. What defined American's? Not what defines white American's today. That I consider fashion and prejudice, not racism, but prejudice. The pre-judging of someone.