Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcasting volume is low?
Does the volume of the podcast seem low to anybody else? It historically has been, but had been better starting around late spring or summer, but is now quiet again. It's a very minor problem, but I'm curious if others have noticed.
I thought the exact same thing. Again I thought it was just me.
YES! I also thought the same thing...i emailed the show about it, but no response.
if you are saying the volume is low compared to mixed and mastered music, yes i agree completely. If you are just saying the volume is low, then youre batshit insane, it sounds fine.
Just their talking is low, my iPod only goes up so high. The flashback segment is fine, but their voices are low sometimes.
Starting a few weeks ago I had to bump up my volume from 1 to 6 on my phone's earbuds. Ads, flashbacks, and audio clips aired are blaring compared to the actual show. Going back to 2007 and prior it was generally a lot louder. Thank you all for making me feel not alone on this Wink
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Yeah, same here. When I listen to the podcast, I have to turn my volume way up to hear it as loud as my music. Otherwise, with my headphones, it sounds like they're whispering, compared to music. ha.
Maybe i just have better headphones than everyone else? because really it isn't that much lower in volume than music. Yes it is lower but that makes sense because there are much fewer frequencies amplifying each other, but i only really need to turn the volume up by 1 or 2 on any talk podcast, this one included to have it be more than audible.
The volume does seem lower to me too. If I steam the audio through my laptop, I'll have the volume at maybe half power, and I can hear it fine throughout the whole living room. When playing the podcast through the laptop, I've got the volume cranked up to the max, and it's still difficult to hear at times.

Don't really run into any issues with the (apparent) lower volume when using headphones at work, though.
I have better results by downloading with itunes. Then I right click on podcast. Then click on get info. In there. you can boost the volume leveling and choose settings such as bass boost, spoken word, vocal booster etc.. Then I load onto my Zune from itunes folder. Zune program sucks. It sounds much louder for me. My 80gig Zune' volume is low compared to my wife's 4 gig.