Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ax/ask
I work in a bank in grand rapids and i get the "ax/ask" thing ALL THE TIME! Its the most annoying thing.

I want to just say "open your mouth and use your tounge right when you are talking"!
But if you say ASK then someone might think you have some sort of education. Who would want that?
That's what she said.
Axe me 'bout my gunz....I just want to smash their face with a framing hammer. Along with "warsh" instead of wash, and people who insist on pronouncing the "s" on Illinois.

If ignorance is truly bliss, I must live in the happiest place on earth...
Axe me about ebonics.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Axe me about ebonics.

+1
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I work with a guy who is college educated, born & raised in the U.S., and he says "birfday", "exscaped," "bofe" instead of "both," and once a year I get to hear him say "Valentimes day!!"

He's 50 years old....How the hell do you go that far through life without correcting such moronic talk.
When people slur those words it definitely makes them sound like idiots. It might not be fair but I immediately judge them as being stupid. Axe... birfday... libarry... supposebly... For those who live in a state like Michigan that has them I also hate people who add an s to Meijer.

Warsh doesn't bother me because, well, my grandpa was the only person I knew who used it and I can't hate my grandpa. It was endearing.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
This is kinda related, so...

When I was in eighth grade, my Michigan History teacher wouldn't let anyone pass the class if they pronounced Mackinac "mack-in-ack".

PS. I say Meijer with an S. It just feels right.
how about finna?? That is the most stupid made up word. It just replaces gonna.. I mean jeez, 2 syllables, same amout of letters.. no shortcut in that word. "I'm finna ax you about this"
Devilmaker Wrote:PS. I say Meijer with an S. It just feels right.

But it's not. Wink

I used to be a "Meijers" guy, until middle school. Then I realized I was wrong.
I don't know what Meijer, Mackinac, or finna is.
That's what she said.
"Meijer" used to be "Meijers". They shortened it up a few years ago.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Allyson Wrote:I don't know what Meijer, Mackinac, or finna is.

1. Walmart lite
2. Pronounced "mack a naw". It the upper area of Michigan.
3. Think "I'm funna go to the sto'".
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Hey Devilmaker, did we go to the same school? My 8th grade teacher said the same thing to our class.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I correct people on the meijer thing all the time.

Also, there is a town in northern Michigan that is pronounced Mack-i-nack. Clight variation of the spelling. I think it ends with a "k" instead of a "c". Confusin as hell.

Allyson, Mackinac Island is off the north eastern tip of the lower penninsula. It is well known for not allowing motorized vehilces, the old colonial fort founded by the French, fudge, and a Chrisopher Reeves movie was filmed ("A place in time", I think) there. By the way, they say that is one of the only times a motorized vehicle was allowed on the island. Lie. There are a few municpality trucks that drive around at night to fix the roads and do heavy work. They try to hide it onthe back side of the island.

It is a nice place to visit for a weekend.

Yes, I've been there a few times. And now my geography lesson is done.
airhornahole Wrote:...A Chrisopher Reeves movie was filmed ("A place in time", I think) there.

Somewhere In Time was the movie, filmed at the Grand Hotel.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:...A Chrisopher Reeves movie was filmed ("A place in time", I think) there.

Somewhere In Time was the movie, filmed at the Grand Hotel.

Hey, I was close.
Indeed you were.

Effing Yoopers.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
lurkingfinger Wrote:I work with a guy who is college educated, born & raised in the U.S., and he says "birfday", "exscaped," "bofe" instead of "both," and once a year I get to hear him say "Valentimes day!!"

He's 50 years old....How the hell do you go that far through life without correcting such moronic talk.

He's keeping it real.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Axe me about ebonics.

How'my post to know 'bout ebonics?
Leh mae lern ya a lezon. I'z pernounced Me-ij-ers. Ah no cuz ah werked der. Ah also went ta puhlic scoo. Leh mae axe yah, howzit not ax?
Speaking of "axe".........you must look at this:

http://www.thisisjuststupid.com/stupid-c...mart-cake/

The person who took the order probably uses "axe" more than skinny frat boys.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Speaking of "axe".........you must look at this:

That almost happened to me. Luckily I caught it as the dumbass was writing.
Admin Wrote:"Meijer" used to be "Meijers". They shortened it up a few years ago.

You sure about that? I never remember there being an S, ever.
potthole Wrote:
Admin Wrote:"Meijer" used to be "Meijers". They shortened it up a few years ago.

You sure about that? I never remember there being an S, ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meijer

Meijer was founded as Meijer's in Greenville, Michigan by Hendrik Meijer

The Thrifty Acres stores, now under the leadership of Fred Meijer, became a tremendous success and were renamed to simply Meijer in 1986.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrifty-years-life...0802800386
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Ah, when you said "a few years ago" I was thinking like within the last five to ten years. Not 22. Old fart. Tongue
Admin Wrote:Speaking of "axe".........you must look at this:

It wasn't even spelled right so I didn't understand it at all until I read the article.
That's what she said.
potthole Wrote:Ah, when you said "a few years ago" I was thinking like within the last five to ten years. Not 22. Old fart. Tongue

Co-signed. I'm 24. Since I can't remember much from when I was TWO it's always been Meijer to me.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Admin Wrote:
lurkingfinger Wrote:I work with a guy who is college educated, born & raised in the U.S., and he says "birfday", "exscaped," "bofe" instead of "both," and once a year I get to hear him say "Valentimes day!!"

He's keeping it real.
He's Keeping it real" that's awesome. He's a 50 y.o. white dude keeping it real. That cake decoration was frickin' funny

That is another one!....Dudes who bathe in that smelly "Axe" shit! My goodness! I walked into a huge warehouse sized grocery store the other day and immediately smelled that shit! Ten minutes later I was behind the dude in line and almost puking. The guy had so much of that effing shit on that I felt like it was caked on my lips just from breathing the air!!!
[Image: wallpapers5C1280x10245Cebonics_1280.jpg]
I worked with a guy who had a very well paying management position, and he constantly said "lieberry". I cringed every time I heard it, yet also wanted to go to my office and laugh.
ha ha i was just talking to my boss about that! When get overexcited about the things I'm talking about I mix letters up in words, like a verbal dislexia. But thats usually just when I'm around friends, I try to keep it in check when I'm in the real world.
I say Probly instead of probably quite often
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
That is not true. It has always been only 'Meijer'. Even when it was still referred to as 'Thrifty Acres', it was 'Meijer Thrifty Acres'.
theterribletwist Wrote:
That is not true. It has always been only 'Meijer'. Even when it was still referred to as 'Thrifty Acres', it was 'Meijer Thrifty Acres'.

Agreed. Being "in the know" like I am, it has NEVER been Meijer's. It was Meijer Thrifty Acers when it started. (having family that has worked there about 30 years, and myself working there and having to learn the history, I'd like to think of myself as an expert!)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Admin Wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meijer

Meijer was founded as Meijer's in Greenville, Michigan by Hendrik Meijer

The Thrifty Acres stores, now under the leadership of Fred Meijer, became a tremendous success and were renamed to simply Meijer in 1986.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrifty-years-life...0802800386

and for good measure, just to prove it wasn't Meijer's, and to point out that Wikipedia isn't always right.

http://www.meijer.com/History.cms
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Did anyone know that Walmart used to be called Walmart's? It's true.