Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding Gas
Just in case we need it, I'll start a thread on where to find gas.

Daily's/Shell Station I-65 and OHB just got a delivery about an hour ago.

Exxon on Broadway is OUT (or was 30 minutes ago)
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
why is there such a shortage?
I found that there was a pipeline from Texas damaged by Ike. It has been repaired, things should start improving soon. Of course, they didn't define soon.
nashville gets all their gas from a pipeline from Houston. Ike damaged it and it's down to 25%..Supposed to be relief on the way..but
start rioting. thats your best bet.

siphon peoples gas too. it tastes like orange tic-tacs.
Jo Wrote:start rioting. thats your best bet.

That was my idea! Me and queenie will cause a distraction, and get our lil' darlin's to steal us some gas!!!
jus' P Wrote:
Jo Wrote:start rioting. thats your best bet.

That was my idea! Me and queenie will cause a distraction, and get our lil' darlin's to steal us some gas!!!

Nothing says Family Time like sucking carcinogens out of peoples tanks!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Every station on Nolensville Rd was out this morning. Found some at Sam's on Antioch and Harding.
They seem fine in Green Hills. I haven't had any problems with long lines or stations running out.
But then again, that was this morning before people started running on the gas stations.
I wouldn't be to sure about that now . . . West Nashville is all out!! Good thing I have a smart hubby and he filled up at lunch.

You are so super awesome Paul
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Are they gouging prices too ?
Wowie Groovie !
I was just about to ask the same thing, titan.
In Living Color!!!!

[Image: Sept2008034.jpg]

[Image: Sept2008036.jpg]

[Image: Sept2008037.jpg]

Almost there!!!

[Image: Sept2008038.jpg]

Finally got there!!!

[Image: Sept2008039.jpg]

Paul making friends . .

[Image: Sept2008041.jpg]

Filler up, Cooter!!!

[Image: Sept2008043.jpg]
Literally, LOL

Why does plungee look so happy ?

and 4.24 is a bit high, but not nearly as much as I expected.
Wowie Groovie !
How long did that wait last?

Also, did anybody notice the dude with the silver Caviler, in the 4th photo? Filling up with his gas door on the wrong side, stretching the gas hose across the whole vehicle. ???
That was our "date", Friday night. After filling up at noon in Nashville and seeing almost EVERY gas station closed or with major lines, I wasn't taking chances. We decided instead of going out to dinner, we would join the masses and gas up the truck as well.(end of the world and all)...Yes, we packed a cooler.

and titan I was laughing because Queenie just missed me,(photo op) with my pants down...

We got lucky and didn't wait over 30 mins. I swear I saw lines of 30 cars blocking traffic and people getting turned away. Cops will be busy tonight.
and the saga continues again today . . .
Still no gas in music city?
There is more gas now but, it is still harder to find than it should be. You must remember that these are the same people (before anyone wonders, I was born and raised here) that rush to the grocery store when there is a hint of snow/ice. Even when we do get bad weather the most anyone is "trapped" in their homes would be 1 day. So, obviously the gas situation is just an extension of this mentality. The panic has more or less created the shortage.
You are absolutely right brytn. People in Nashville over exaggerate everything. When it does snow, they drive like 5 mph, which actually causes more wrecks.

There's no over exaggeration in that sentence either
I lucked out. I pulled into Smyrna around 2:00AM Friday night after leaving the bar, and the (first) Shell station must have just received their gas because it was a mad house. I was on the phone, and the person I was talking to thought I had gone back out because there was so much commotion going on: people talking, attendents yelling at Hispanics over the intercom like yelling louder would make them understand, systems blaring....it was crazy. BUT I didn't have to wait in any sort of line. Hopefully people will calm down, and we can get this stupid crap under control.
In Gallatin, the BP next to Sumner Regional had gas 3.89. I filled up this morning and right after i filled up a line started behind me, by the time i left, all the pumps were full with people waiting.
gas crisis over. Everywhere I've seen in Nashville is back to normal.
jus' P Wrote:gas crisis over. Everywhere I've seen in Nashville is back to normal.

Yeah we are good out here in Smyrna. But, I work with a guy who lives out on Dickerson Rd and he said that no one had any out there as of this morning. (There is a joke about the hookers on Dickerson Rd in there somewhere but, I can't put it together.)
brytn Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:gas crisis over. Everywhere I've seen in Nashville is back to normal.

Yeah we are good out here in Smyrna. But, I work with a guy who lives out on Dickerson Rd and he said that no one had any out there as of this morning. (There is a joke about the hookers on Dickerson Rd in there somewhere but, I can't put it together.)

I/we drive home that way most evenings, ( lookin' for whores), I have the camera ready cause there is usually some drama.
jus' P Wrote:
brytn Wrote:Yeah we are good out here in Smyrna. But, I work with a guy who lives out on Dickerson Rd and he said that no one had any out there as of this morning. (There is a joke about the hookers on Dickerson Rd in there somewhere but, I can't put it together.)

I/we drive home that way most evenings, ( lookin' for whores), I have the camera ready cause there is usually some drama.

They definitely need to stay in until the evening. Between 3 of 'em you might find enough teeth to eat corn. Word of advice(not from experience but, from watching COPS) if you see a good looking hooker on Dickerson RD there is a 99.9% chance that she is a cop. The other .1% have got to be lost.
I run a station about 60 miles east of Nashville and I just got gas yesterday. I had been out for two weeks.
zongetsu Wrote:I run a station about 60 miles east of Nashville and I just got gas yesterday. I had been out for two weeks.

Wow! So did that affect your business quite a bit? (meaning the market inside...not the gas selling biz, obviously)
Killed it. I 2 or 3 hours between custermers. thought I would go out of my mind. Thank God for the laptop.
I used to work in retail, and I had days like that towards the end of that job. I felt like jumping out of my skin! I can feel your pain. We had no laptops though. I'd have maybe one other person with me, and we'd make up some sort of game with things around the store to pass the time.