Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fair and Balanced...again
Again, FBHW try to stay non-partisan, yet only tell half a story. So, here's the other half.

This morning they claimed to have two major gaffes, one from McCain, one from Biden. Both, they said, were big deals, but completely different.

Then they played a clip of Joe Biden making a statement in which he gets some of the historical facts wrong. This is contrasted with a brief discussion about all of the money the McCain camp gets from Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac. (I can see how they'd see this as a balanced discussion. Those two things are on the same level.)

What they DIDN'T tell you, for reasons I can only presume to be ignorance, is this.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac both used campaign contributions and lobbyists to keep federal investigators at bay. Would any of you like to guess who the biggest recipients of this money were?

I know that most of you are probably not interested, what with the huge mistake of Joe Biden being one of the most discussed topics in the world today, so I'll break it down.

4. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
3. John Kerry (D-MA)
2. Barack Obama (D-IL)
1. Chris Dodd (D-CT, Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee)

In fact, it is not until you get to the #6 position that a republican is even on the list. Of the top ten, three are republicans, SEVEN are democrats.

This information was compiled and released by the Center for Responsive Politics. The report tracked the flow of money since 1989. For those like me, who despise math, that's 19 years. Barack Obama has only been in the Senate for 4 years. Yet somehow he made it to the #2 position, above guys like John Kerry, who has been in the Senate since 1985.

So go ahead and believe that FBHW have the facts, and they're presenting an unbiased perspective. When YOUR taxes raise to cover a health insurance program that runs as effectively as the US Postal Service and the TSA, you'll understand why this is so important.

For the record, I don't think the guys are knowingly putting half the story out there. I think they, like a lot of people, hear the coverage coming out of one side (in the form of "news") and they run with it. Most people don't CARE enough to look this deeply into it. I get that. I just happen to be part of the minority.
7 of the top 10 are Dems ? That's awesome.

(Nice to see you posting again)
Wowie Groovie !
I've been lurking for a bit - got lots going on this time of year. HUGE halloween geek here!
you know what though? they don't claim to be a political news show, so who cares.

I personally know the facts and thats why i stand by my previous statement that i will not be voting for neither McCain nor Obama.
McCain Defense Force strikes again.

(I also considered "Everytime FBHW Make an Honest Mistake About Grandpa John I Bitch Like a 5 Year Old" but found it to be too long.)
speedbump Wrote:McCain Defense Force strikes again.

(I also considered "Everytime FBHW Make an Honest Mistake About Grandpa John I Bitch Like a 5 Year Old" but found it to be too long.)

How about some sort of acronym:

EFBHWMHMAGJIBLFYO

Might have to split that up into smaller parts:

EFBH WM HAG JIBLF YO

Hey at least you get Hag and Yo out of that
I've had 3 drinks so far tonight, and I can't make any sense out of what you just posted, but I like JIBLF YO
Wowie Groovie !
No one said they're a political news show, but what they say on air IS capable of influencing people. For that reason, it's only fair that both sides be accurately represented.
hotzester Wrote:No one said they're a political news show, but what they say on air IS capable of influencing people. For that reason, it's only fair that both sides be accurately represented.

Or they can make the show they want to make and talk about what they want to talk about. Such is the beauty of free will
Interesting that you didn't quote the line of mine where I said "They should talk about what I want them to talk about", and instead chose to focus your energy on quoting the part where I said "both sides should be accurately represented" in a post wherein I was actually representing the second side.
hotzester Wrote:Interesting that you didn't quote the line of mine where I said "They should talk about what I want them to talk about", and instead chose to focus your energy on quoting the part where I said "both sides should be accurately represented" in a post wherein I was actually representing the second side.

It's good to see youre finally seeing how the internet works. Awesome
Equally as interesting is your obvious inability to grasp the Theory of Sarcasm.
hotzester Wrote:Equally as interesting is your obvious inability to grasp the Theory of Sarcasm.

That is the shitty part about the internet, because i totally did grasp it but its impossible to just roll with the punches without some sort of confusion. Ah well, time to go continue clogging up the tubes.