Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Millen out
Matt Millen's office is cleaned out and he is no longer employed by the Detroit Lions.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I was just going to post the same thing but ya beat me to it.

Maybe now the Lions can start rebuilding.......again.

Good riddance!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:Good riddance!

+1 for spelling what I couldn't!! ;D
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
How cheap are Lion's tics? Do they ever sell out? Does Ford Field have PSl's? Or are you all too disgruntled to ever go to the games?
jus' P Wrote:How cheap are Lion's tics? Do they ever sell out? Does Ford Field have PSl's? Or are you all too disgruntled to ever go to the games?

i couldn't speak to the price or to the PSI but I do know that most of the games were close to sold out most of the time since the new stadium opened in 2002 but those numbers have been on the decline since THE LIONS SUCK! Maybe this could give a boost to ticket sales. I don't remember any blackouts when I lived there in 2004 and 2005.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
I have heard that there are only about 5,000 public seats available outside of season ticket holders, so when they say that the games are all nearly sold out it's kind of a misnomer.

As for Millen's firing, I would like to say it's about time, but that is a very big understatement! This should have happened well before a 31-84 record under his tenure (since 2001). It's nice to see the Fords finally do SOMETHING, but it will be their next move that really proves whether or not they are willing to head in a new direction or if it will be the same old Ford controlled stupidity!
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I think I heard they were interested in Isaiah Thomas as the new GM.
brytn Wrote:I think I heard they were interested in Isaiah Thomas as the new GM.
He couldn't do worse!
wingospagettio Wrote:
brytn Wrote:I think I heard they were interested in Isaiah Thomas as the new GM.
He couldn't do worse!

unless he got the lions dragged into court too!
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:
wingospagettio Wrote:He couldn't do worse!

unless he got the lions dragged into court too!

...or got into a scandal with the cheerleaders
jus' P Wrote:
dino Wrote:unless he got the lions dragged into court too!

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that!
To think I used to look up to that guy.
Quote of the Day:
jus' P Wrote:
dino Wrote:unless he got the lions dragged into court too!

Wow, pedophilia would bring Isiah to a new low!
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
A step in the right direction, but until the elder WCF is no longer running the team, I have little faith in the future of the team.
What do you guys think about getting Lloyd Car to be the new GM??After years under Bo he'd have to know how to build a team?
I'll take a pass on that.
For starters, I think Ken Holland should move over from the Wings to get the ball rolling. Then I heard they were considering Bill Cower. Not sure how that would work.

Hell, it's been about 20 years since I've been to a game. I would rather pay twice the price to go see the Wings than to watch those effin' losers.
If you were Bill Cower or Ken Holland, would you go to the Lions? Me, I would run away quickly with a middle finger extended toward W.C. Ford.
landmammaldolphin Wrote:If you were Bill Cower or Ken Holland, would you go to the Lions? Me, I would run away quickly with a middle finger extended toward W.C. Ford.

Hell yes I'd head toward the Lions. Obviously, there are no shoes to fill there. And, apparently, the owner has a LOT of patience with his GM. ANY improvement and you would be like the second coming in Michigan.

And, on another note...whoever mentioned Lloyd Carr. One question. REALLY?
I'm not saying I wouldn't take the job, I'm just saying that if I were either of those two I wouldn't.
Ken Holland would just finish out the year and S can all the useless staff Millen brought in. After that, who knows? I'd take the job. Sign a nice contract, don't make any progress, get canned and make $50 million? Sign me up.
airhornahole Wrote:Ken Holland would just finish out the year and S can all the useless staff Millen brought in. After that, who knows? I'd take the job. Sign a nice contract, don't make any progress, get canned and make $50 million? Sign me up.

You wouldn't get canned right away. You would have the ability for tons more money in contract extensions and bonuses!!!
landmammaldolphin Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Ken Holland would just finish out the year and S can all the useless staff Millen brought in. After that, who knows? I'd take the job. Sign a nice contract, don't make any progress, get canned and make $50 million? Sign me up.

You wouldn't get canned right away. You would have the ability for tons more money in contract extensions and bonuses!!!

Exactly!! Were is the down side? I don't see one.
airhornahole Wrote:
landmammaldolphin Wrote:You wouldn't get canned right away. You would have the ability for tons more money in contract extensions and bonuses!!!

Exactly!! Were is the down side? I don't see one.

Well...you would be in Detroit. Wink
brytn Wrote:
landmammaldolphin Wrote:If you were Bill Cower or Ken Holland, would you go to the Lions? Me, I would run away quickly with a middle finger extended toward W.C. Ford.

Hell yes I'd head toward the Lions. Obviously, there are no shoes to fill there. And, apparently, the owner has a LOT of patience with his GM. ANY improvement and you would be like the second coming in Michigan.

well the thought about Car was that he can build a football team. i'm NOT saying have him coach it, but run the team. I'd say Bo Schembechler but unfortunately that great man passed. anyway it was just a thought. but Bill Cowher would work for me.
Jedi Mind Trick Wrote:
brytn Wrote:Hell yes I'd head toward the Lions. Obviously, there are no shoes to fill there. And, apparently, the owner has a LOT of patience with his GM. ANY improvement and you would be like the second coming in Michigan.

well the thought about Car was that he can build a football team. i'm NOT saying have him coach it, but run the team. I'd say Bo Schembechler but unfortunately that great man passed. anyway it was just a thought. but Bill Cowher would work for me.

First off... who? I thought we were talking about Lloyd Carr. Wink

Second, the NFL game is very different from the college game. Sure, UM ran a more NFL-like offense when Carr was coaching, but I'm sure there were still major differences.

Third, it wasn't just Carr that built those teams. And whatever had he did have in building his teams, I'm going to bet it's a totally different way of doing what the GM of an NFL team does.

Fourth, there are rumors that Carr might not be in the best health. Granted, they're only rumors, and to my knowledge nothing has ever come to light to prove otherwise, but if they ARE true, that wouldn't be in the best interest of either party- the Lions OR Lloyd.
Could Floyd Reese be the next GM?

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.as...3&catid=14

What do you Titan fans think of him? Did you like him? Was he good?

....wait, nevermind. He has experience, Ford won't hire him!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
brytn Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Exactly!! Were is the down side? I don't see one.

Well...you would be in Detroit. Wink

I grew up there. Whole faimlies there. While I really wouldn't EVER want to move back, I think the $50 million could buy a nice place WAY out in the suburbs, like Howell, or East Grand Rapids. ;D
potthole Wrote:
Jedi Mind Trick Wrote:Car

First off... who? I thought we were talking about Lloyd Carr. Wink

Second, the NFL game is very different from the college game. Sure, UM ran a more NFL-like offense when Carr was coaching, but I'm sure there were still major differences.

Third, it wasn't just Carr that built those teams. And whatever had he did have in building his teams, I'm going to bet it's a totally different way of doing what the GM of an NFL team does.

Fourth, there are rumors that Carr might not be in the best health. Granted, they're only rumors, and to my knowledge nothing has ever come to light to prove otherwise, but if they ARE true, that wouldn't be in the best interest of either party- the Lions OR Lloyd.

Was there any other way you could emphasize the second "r"? Good work. +1 ;D
Rock Monster Wrote:Could Floyd Reese be the next GM?

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.as...3&catid=14

What do you Titan fans think of him? Did you like him? Was he good?

....wait, nevermind. He has experience, Ford won't hire him!

Floyd Reese was awesome. He and Fisher got in a pissing contest and Fisher won. Don't get me wrong I like Fisher too and they are doing pretty well now. But, Reese was great in dealing with the media. He came on the local sports show every Friday and told funny and insightful stories, and did not shy away from hard questions. The new GM does the same show but, he is rather stiff and always gives the company line.

Floyd would be great for Detroit but, as you said, they won't hire him because he has experience.
Floyd Reese seems to actually want to come to the Lions and he knows what he's talking about. Wow what a combo.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"