Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st debate
Who won, and why do you think so ?
Wowie Groovie !
McCain keeps repeating himself, and I feel like most of what Obama has said is fluff. Not sure who is up in my book a little over an hour into the debate.
I didn't watch it and I really don't want to.

McCain Repeats the same stuff all the time, and I'm just sick of hearing the same "He hates this, and he doesn't care about that" I quit caring a long time ago.
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
It doesn't matter. The dollar has spoken, Republicans are out...
jus' P Wrote:It doesn't matter. The dollar has spoken, Republicans are out...

You just might be right on that one Plungee.
Wowie Groovie !
Obama won, definitely. All the polls show it as well. He did most the talking, he said what needed to be said. McCain is a broken record, always repeating things, never answered a single question he just went off on tangents about who he's met and where he's been. All he does is the good old distraction technique. He couldn't come up with anything good, kept stuttering and made no sense. He is not leader material. No more McBush please, thanks.
Um, did you watch the debate Kate? The moderator of the thing even said that both candidates were pretty even in terms of time they were given to speak. Obama did his fair share of stuttering too.

This debate, I feel, was basically a draw... Obama did better on the economic talk, McCain did better on the foreign policy. It wasn't a blowout win for Obama, as you would indicate, Kate. Nor was it a blowout win for McCain.
"McBush" - that's so clever! And accurate, too, if you pay no attention to the fact that McCain and Bush are about as similar as cookies and ass.
hotzester Wrote:"McBush" - that's so clever! And accurate, too, if you pay no attention to the fact that McCain and Bush are about as similar as cookies and ass.

Hey Hotzester, I think you're mistaking the current McCain with the McCain of 2000. Somehow John has managed to morph into an older version of our current President. I was in denial for a while also, but I came out of it. Good luck!
New York Times, January 9, 2008:

Quote:Mr. McCain is neither a Fair Tax Republican nor a Bush Republican. He is more of an Alan Greenspan Republican. And

NEITHER of them are as conservative as I'd like them to be.
McCain kept repeating that Obama hates stuff, Obama just kept repeating change and Bush policieis.

Doesn't matter who won, because America is going to lose either way.
Your optimism is endearing.
residentialevil Wrote:Doesn't matter who won, because America is going to lose either way.

lets just all vote for Ron Paul and call it good!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
residentialevil Wrote:Doesn't matter who won, because America is going to lose either way.

lets just all vote for Ron Paul and call it good!

Sounds good, I didn't feel like putting my vote to good use anyway.
speedbump Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:lets just all vote for Ron Paul and call it good!

Sounds good, I didn't feel like putting my vote to good use anyway.

Voting for a guy who isn't even running anymore is better use than voting for either of those two asshats currently running.

I am legitimately writing in "none of the above"
potthole Wrote:Um, did you watch the debate Kate? The moderator of the thing even said that both candidates were pretty even in terms of time they were given to speak. Obama did his fair share of stuttering too.

This debate, I feel, was basically a draw... Obama did better on the economic talk, McCain did better on the foreign policy. It wasn't a blowout win for Obama, as you would indicate, Kate. Nor was it a blowout win for McCain.

Yup, and as I mentioned before, I am not on this board every single day wasting my time replying to everyone's comments. Take my opinion and leave it, thanks.
I'm not a physicist, but I'm pretty sure you can't both TAKE something AND leave it.
Kate Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Um, did you watch the debate Kate? The moderator of the thing even said that both candidates were pretty even in terms of time they were given to speak. Obama did his fair share of stuttering too.

Yup, and as I mentioned before, I am not on this board every single day wasting my time replying to everyone's comments. Take my opinion and leave it, thanks.

Oh, that's right. You're too busy losing jobs and washing your i-Pod. Silly me to forget.
I thought they were pretty even throughout the debate. If anything it looked like McCain was kinda quick to anger when they started talking about the whole "Talking with/without preconditions" thing. He got real adjitated when it came up. That, and he wouldn't even look at Obama. Crotchity old bastard. Anyway, I still don't think I'm going to vote for either of them.
Oh I'll still be voting for McCain. I like the fact that he seems to be a "Crotchity old bastard" as you say. Especially now that Sara seems to be alot more comfortable and came through her debate with Biden so well. Fight on McCain, Fight on!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Wow, Potthole, you know me so well! Amazing.