Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name That Tune Classic
dingdongyo Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:We've all seen the man at the liquor store beggin' for your change....

What It's Like, Everlast.
nope.
hint - it's an unusual cover

Hurt - Cash/NIN
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Hurt - Cash/NIN

aaaaaaaaaand WHAMMY!

it's cash, the 9"n version is creepier, and the notes are purposefully off. mine were unintentional.
dingdongyo Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Hurt - Cash/NIN

aaaaaaaaaand WHAMMY!

it's cash, the 9"n version is creepier, and the notes are purposefully off. mine were unintentional.

I do love the Cash version, more so than the NIN version
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:aaaaaaaaaand WHAMMY!

I do love the Cash version, more so than the NIN version

Homo. :Smile
Fistor Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I do love the Cash version, more so than the NIN version

Homo. :Smile

why does that make me gay? Cash is a better singer for the style. Plus it strikes me as terribly awesome that an older generation is covering a new gens song. Trent Reznor must have piddled when he heard the man in black wanted to cover his song.
Fistor Wrote:Homo. :Smile

why does that make me gay? Cash is a better singer for the style. Plus it strikes me as terribly awesome that an older generation is covering a new gens song. Trent Reznor must have piddled when he heard the man in black wanted to cover his song.

No, that doesn't make you gay. I just think it was a horrible cover, and people gave him a pass because he was a legend. Personally, I don't think it should've been attempted. His voice was completely gone and it was a distraction, to me.

also, it's "i wear this crown of shit!"
Fistor Wrote:No, that doesn't make you gay. I just think it was a horrible cover, and people gave him a pass because he was a legend. Personally, I don't think it should've been attempted. His voice was completely gone and it was a distraction, to me.

i loved it, it sounded dark and dire
Fistor Wrote:No, that doesn't make you gay. I just think it was a horrible cover, and people gave him a pass because he was a legend. Personally, I don't think it should've been attempted. His voice was completely gone and it was a distraction, to me.

you're right that his voice was gone. but i still liked it better. i felt more from his version, even though it was less artsy-fartsy. i don't really like either of them, but i think it was well done.
dingdongyo Wrote:

you're right that his voice was gone. but i still liked it better. i felt more from his version, even though it was less artsy-fartsy. i don't really like either of them, but i think it was well done.

I was a massive fan of NIN during Downward Spiral (no, I was not Goth), so I'm partial. I think that whole album is brilliant and is very emotionally expressive. It really struck a nerve with me and reached a spot in my brain that not many other albums could reach.

At the same time, I was beginning to get pissed off at all the pandering surrounding main stream music at the time. If you were an old legend, and you put absolutely anything on an album, you're guaranteed a Grammy for Best Album, no questions asked.

Both of these factors combined to make me instantly hate Cash's version of Hurt. Admittedly, I probably never really gave it too much of a chance.
Fistor Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:you're right that his voice was gone. but i still liked it better. i felt more from his version, even though it was less artsy-fartsy. i don't really like either of them, but i think it was well done.

I was a massive fan of NIN during Downward Spiral (no, I was not Goth), so I'm partial. I think that whole album is brilliant and is very emotionally expressive. It really struck a nerve with me and reached a spot in my brain that not many other albums could reach.

At the same time, I was beginning to get pissed off at all the pandering surrounding main stream music at the time. If you were an old legend, and you put absolutely anything on an album, you're guaranteed a Grammy for Best Album, no questions asked.

Both of these factors combined to make me instantly hate Cash's version of Hurt. Admittedly, I probably never really gave it too much of a chance.

you are talking to a NIN fan, in highschool i was wearing either a NIN or TOOL shirt. So i'm not saying NIN sucks Cash rules. I just liked the Cash version better.

also,

you are a crazy old man
Fistor Wrote:I was a massive fan of NIN during Downward Spiral (no, I was not Goth), so I'm partial. I think that whole album is brilliant and is very emotionally expressive. It really struck a nerve with me and reached a spot in my brain that not many other albums could reach.

you are talking to a NIN fan, in highschool i was wearing either a NIN or TOOL shirt. So i'm not saying NIN sucks Cash rules. I just liked the Cash version better.

also,

you are a crazy old man

But still cool enough to like the same music as you whippersnappers.

Sweet.
I like the Cash version better but only because I first heard it while watching the video. I'm not the only one I know who sat there in silence for several minutes after the video ended.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Hurt- first done by NIN, then made more awesome by Johnny Cash.

Ess, I didn't notice there was an additional page that came after the one where I first saw that song! Beat to the punch!

I'm in the group that likes the Cash version better, too. That song almost always moves me to tears.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/7/11...16muff.mp3
Dead or Alive Bon Jovi
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Dead or Alive Bon Jovi
correct despite your intense hatred for bon jovi songs. i'm impressed.
I like that song and his Young Guns song.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
well its time for another crappy midi Tongue
NTT2.mid
*edit*
okay this file will be reposted. i have to fix it to see if i can make it playable without having to download it.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
wish you were here - pink floyd
DOWN!!!@#

IN A BLAZE OF GLORY!!!@#
Admin Wrote:I like that song and his Young Guns song.

SHOT!
dingdongyo Wrote:wish you were here - pink floyd
*ding*
yup
Fistor Wrote:DOWN!!!@#

IN A BLAZE OF GLORY!!!@#

i like the fact that there's a mouth harp in that one.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/7/11...9goose.mp3

hint - no mouth harp.
dingdongyo Wrote:i like the fact that there's a mouth harp in that one.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/7/11...9goose.mp3

hint - no mouth harp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrwDnpB2hDc
Well it seems this has been neglected for a while, but it is a fun game so i want to at least give it another shot with one of my talentlessly downloaded midi files Smilehttp://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10/7/2...revive.mid
MegamanX - Level 42
i'm only gonna play for bonus karma....about +300 to be exact
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i'm only gonna play for bonus karma....about +300 to be exact

...did you say KARMA?
[Image: 072.gif]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
jus' P Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i'm only gonna play for bonus karma....about +300 to be exact

...did you say KARMA?

...dick
Philly Mike Wrote:Well it seems this has been neglected for a while, but it is a fun game so i want to at least give it another shot with one of my talentlessly downloaded midi files Smilehttp://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10/7/2...revive.mid
it sounds faintly familiar, but not strong enough that i would ever get it.

that blip solo was hardcore.
Slayer - Dead Skin Mask
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Smile had a feeling biff would get that one
as long as this thread has a pulse, i might as well clean out the rest of my inventory:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/7/11...0busch.mp3
Days Of The New
Finally Found A Reason
your momma Wrote:Days Of The New
Finally Found A Reason
no
Days of the New
Touch Peel Stand
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
plumpenut Wrote:Days of the New
Touch Peel Stand
...no
???? Really????
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Days of the New Touch, Peel, and Stand
Go fuck yourself. Hard.