Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snakes Vs Spiders
It seems people either HATE snakes and don't mind spiders, or HATE spiders and don't mind snakes.

what are you?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Both, but if I absolutely had to, I guess I'd pick up a snake before a spider.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
i'm a female anomaly and don't puss out at either of them.
I like them both, though I like snakes more than spiders. The larger the spider the more I like it. The little ones you can't see until they're on you are unpleasant surprises but they don't really bother me. I'll never forget at the grand canyon, where there are wild tarantulas, a whole tour bus of Japanese people crowded around my brother and me, taking pictures because we had put about 20 of them on us.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Yeah....I don't mind either one of them. One eats bugs (they bother the piss outta me) and the other eats rats and other annoying rodents. (F'n dirty and diseased rats)
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Snakes don't bother me. Spider gross me out like crazy. Just thinking about a spider crawling on me gives me the heebie-jeebies. I don't mind if there is a spider on the other side of the room or chilling in the corner, but if it has the potential to crawl on me then it makes me want to cry. It's not just spiders though, I am like that with any bug (except butterflies and ladybugs of course), especially ones with lots of legs. Gross my stomach is twinging just thinking about it.

My biggest problem is I can't stand killing bugs. The crunch of the exoskeleton makes me want to barf. So in order for me to get rid of a bug, I have to trap it under a cup, slide a piece of paper under the cup, and throw it outside. And that involves risking my life going near the bug. Ick. Yuck. Ew.
That's what she said.
It really depends on what kind of spider or snake. I'll crunch any spider so that someone else doesn't have to, but I'll be damned if I'm going to go anywhere near a wild snake that I don't know if it's venomous or not. If it has a rattle, I'M OUT.
I can stand a spider and think they're pretty cool, until one gets on me, then I scream and dance around like a crazy person. Snakes don't bother me a bit, and I've done enough reading and research to know which are poisonous and which aren't. Granted, I'm not going to go out like stupid Steve Irwin (RIP) and purposely handle one, but I am the person that most of my friends call when confronted with a creepy critter.
I used to collect snakes when I was little and remember a picture of me holding one in each hand showing my Mother. While i'm not so scared of all snakes, I am scared of the poisonous ones. Where I live there are a lot of copperheads. Spiders don't bother me at all, and like sunshyne, I am the one that is called upon if somebody sees one.

This is my favorite spider!! Tongue

jus' P Wrote:[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/sHzdsFiBbFc&hl=en[/flash]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I like the Huge Black and Yellow garden spiders. and The ringed-neck snake in FL. was my fave. snake.
8 legs or no legs, kill the focker! The only good spider or snake is a dead one.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Story from my household:

When my now wife was working she would get up way before me to prepare for the day/read/ draw on me while i slept/whatever. One morning I awoke to a scream "OH MY GOD!!! HOWWWIEEEEEEEE"

I instantly think, she's hurt....she's contorted in some weird position shaving some area you only see in scat films and fell and broke her leg.

I arrive on scene....and she points to the bathroom sink (I'm just happy at this point that she's standing and not bleeding) in the sink there is the biggest blackest spider I have ever seen. I instinctively grab my weapon....a pee water plunger (no offense plungie) and smack the bastard into spider hell. I wiggled the carcass into a ziplock bag and took it to work for a spider geek to investigate but an autopsy was un-conclusive. No idea what kind of spider it was but it was big and is now dead.

If you live in a house thats foundation 'has holes big enough to throw a cat through' (quote from my grandpa) you can have stories like this
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
dino Wrote:Yeah....I don't mind either one of them. One eats bugs (they bother the piss outta me) and the other eats rats and other annoying rodents. (F'n dirty and diseased rats)

They may be dirty but rats and mice make adorably entertaining pets
Torque Wrote:
dino Wrote:Yeah....I don't mind either one of them. One eats bugs (they bother the piss outta me) and the other eats rats and other annoying rodents. (F'n dirty and diseased rats)

They may be dirty but rats and mice make adorably entertaining pets

I had a pet rat, he had the biggest balls ever....in hindsight I shoulda got a female
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Torque Wrote:They may be dirty but rats and mice make adorably entertaining pets

I had a pet rat, he had the biggest balls ever....in hindsight I shoulda got a female

Waiting ....
airhornahole Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I had a pet rat, he had the biggest balls ever....in hindsight I shoulda got a female

Waiting ....

?? ??

he had big balls, and it was distracting....A female woulda been a better choice....??
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:;OH MY GOD!!! HOWWWIEEEEEEEE"

Does she really call you that??

and thanks for getting Big Balls(ac/dc) stuck in my head.
jus' P Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:;OH MY GOD!!! HOWWWIEEEEEEEE"

Does she really call you that??

no, if i used my real name people would get confused and think my wife was calling on some other dude
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Story from my household:

When my now wife was working she would get up way before me to prepare for the day/read/ draw on me while i slept/whatever. One morning I awoke to a scream "OH MY GOD!!! HOWWWIEEEEEEEE"

I instantly think, she's hurt....she's contorted in some weird position shaving some area you only see in scat films and fell and broke her leg.

I arrive on scene....and she points to the bathroom sink (I'm just happy at this point that she's standing and not bleeding) in the sink there is the biggest blackest spider I have ever seen. I instinctively grab my weapon....a pee water plunger (no offense plungie) and smack the bastard into spider hell. I wiggled the carcass into a ziplock bag and took it to work for a spider geek to investigate but an autopsy was un-conclusive. No idea what kind of spider it was but it was big and is now dead.

If you live in a house thats foundation 'has holes big enough to throw a cat through' (quote from my grandpa) you can have stories like this

Probably a wolf spider. They get pretty big. I've run across a few in my grandmother's old house. I saw one with a body about 2-3 inches long. I threw a shoe at it and killed it.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
jus' P Wrote:Does she really call you that??

no, if i used my real name people would get confused and think my wife was calling on some other dude

I thought you'd be used to her calling out some other dudes name... ;D
Torque Wrote:They may be dirty but rats and mice make adorably entertaining pets

Waiting for someone to pull the usual gay man effin a male rat comment.
airhornahole Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I had a pet rat, he had the biggest balls ever....in hindsight I shoulda got a female

I was like....8
The smaller the snake the more afraid of it I am. Gartner snakes are the worst... A bit python at the zoo isn't as scary. Still scary, but not as much.
airhornahole Wrote:Waiting for someone to pull the usual gay man effin a male rat comment.

I was like....8

Well, see, that would have been good to know in the orignal post.
airhornahole Wrote:

Waiting for someone to comment that a rat's balls are bigger than howie's...
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Mud Room Donna Wrote:The smaller the snake the more afraid of it I am. Gartner snakes are the worst... A bit python at the zoo isn't as scary. Still scary, but not as much.

So, this is your worst nightmare?

[Image: 080803-smallest-snake_461.jpg]
Rock Monster Wrote:
Mud Room Donna Wrote:The smaller the snake the more afraid of it I am. Gartner snakes are the worst... A bit python at the zoo isn't as scary. Still scary, but not as much.

THATS A HUGE QUARTER!!!
Eh, neither really bother me. I've been bitten by both.
hotzester Wrote:Eh, neither really bother me. I've been bitten by both.

Indeed. I was bit by a copperhead and all I got was dime size hole on my ankle. I get bit by a garter snake- my whole arm puffed up for a week. I'll take a snake or spider bite over contact with a jellyfish any day

They do, this is the rat that got left on my doorstep one Christmas, his name was Winston, he would never just lay in his damn slim jim can, he'd always contort himself to show them off, may he RIP...

[Image: l_7eea1ed780201eb137bae137b40e58f5.jpg]
Queenie - Wolf Spiders are brown, not black. But yeah, they can be impressively large.

I've had my share of random spider bites along the way, but I've always thought the snake bites were pretty cool. The first was a 3 foot python I was playing with. Apparently he didn't like the idea of me teasing him with a necktie to get him to strike. The second was only about a year or so ago, when I found a garter snake and wanted to see him up close, so I picked him up the way I usually do - pin down behind the head and pinch the neck so he can't turn back on you - well that little f'er got away from me and struck back at my hand.

Sometimes I think it would be better to get hit by a venomous snake. At least that's over somewhat quickly. Non-venmous bites hurt for days.
hotzester Wrote:Queenie - Wolf Spiders are brown, not black. But yeah, they can be impressively large.

Well, I have to beg to differ here hotzester. While most wolf spiders are brown, they are also black wolf spiders.

Here is a picture of a black wolf spider:

[Image: Wolf20full20Hogna20Rd20Mt20920081.jpg]

and a link to the website where I pulled the picture:

http://www.hr-rna.com/RNA/Spider%20pages...ge%201.htm
Well I'll be damned. That's one I've never seen before. I stand corrected and bow before your superior arachnid knowledge.

+1
I had a pet snake for 4 years, she was awesome... Wish I still had her
We don't have any crazy three foot long spiders like that in Michigan or else I may have grown up afraid of spiders. Personally I hate bats alot more than snakes OR spiders.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Quote:We don't have any crazy three foot long spiders like that in Michigan or else I may have grown up afraid of spiders. Personally I hate bats alot more than snakes OR spiders.

I'm not an expert, but I am an Amateur Nature Enthusiast, and I feel pretty confident reassuring you that there are no three foot spiders anywhere NEAR Michigan. lol
Jo Wrote:i'm a female anomaly and don't puss out at either of them.
I'm with you!!!Smile

But put a Praying Mantis, Grasshopper, or Cicada in front of me, and watch me run....
Rock Monster Wrote:

This snake is so cute!!!
Looks almost like an Eastern Worm Snake. I'd have to see his belly to be sure.
hotzester Wrote:Looks almost like an Eastern Worm Snake. I'd have to see his belly to be sure.

Is that the spitting version or the swallowing version?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"