Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL Winter Classic
Wings vs. Blackhawks @ Wrigley Field

Has anyone heard ticket information yet? I can't find it anywhere.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
the more i think about it...the more I want to go. I haven't heard anything
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-blackhawk...09-672761/

$270 for nosebleeds? I don't think I''m going
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Or you could scroll down and pay $19,000 a ticket....

I'm waiting for the NHL to release them, and hope they are less than $100 ea. I'm thinking the ones on StubHub are just the season ticket holders that are guaranteed them.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
yah i'd pay $100 for good seats....not sure if I'd want to travel around Chicago on New years day though.....
Should have done the game in Michigan Stadium. You know they could put butts in all 109,000 seats.
Jerseys to be unveiled this weekend. (Black ones for the Wings maybe?)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=388338
I still can't believe they didn't do this at Soldier Field. You could fit about twice as many people into the stadium and the shape is suitable for a hockey rink. Bettman really out-did himself with this one.
Rock Monster Wrote:Jerseys to be unveiled this weekend. (Black ones for the Wings maybe?)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=388338

cool idea, but not really necessary. i'd like to see them wear original 6 throwbacks to keep with the classic theme. even though they were ugly.
i'll be paying attention.
Throwbacks are it. 1936 for the blackhawks and 1920s for the Wings. Wings have a white jersey with a red middle and an old english D in the middle. Blackhawks jersey is kinda ugly. The game is at Wrigley Field because of the history of the place, but yeah, it's a sucky location for a hockey game. Having the game at the big house would have been the best place. They'd set a record for largest crowd watching a hockey game ever. Oh and as for tickets, they're sold out. They were sold out within an hour of being released.
[Image: WC-Jersey-Chellios-3.jpg]

[Image: kane_toews_wc.jpg]
I don't mnd it being at wrigley, but it could be a bitch for weather. Thy got really lucky last year.
Just got his E-mail, so I thought I'd share it.

The National Hockey League (NHL) and the Chicago Blackhawks today jointly announced ticket information for NHL Winter ClassicTM 2009. Similar to last year's inaugural NHL Winter Classic in Buffalo, the event's home team season ticketholder base (Chicago Blackhawks) as well as NHL Winter Classic partners will have the right to purchase tickets for the event during the initial on-sale phase.

A general public random drawing will be held to determine who will have an opportunity to purchase the remaining tickets with a limited number of tickets set aside for the community ticket initiative described below. Fan registration for the random drawing will be conducted through the Chicago Blackhawks' official website beginning on or about Noon ET/11 a.m. CT, Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008, through on or about 11:59 a.m. ET/10:59 a.m. CT, Friday, Nov. 28, 2008. Registrations received after the deadline will not be accepted. There is no fee to register. Limit one entry per person. Each registrant selected will have an opportunity to purchase a limited number of tickets.
Reminder, in case anyone was going to try to get tickets. Deadline to register in Noon (central time) on Friday.
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/tickets/wctickets.htm
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
More tickets to go on sale today at 12 noon CST.

http://protected.tickets.com/buy/TicketO...poid=13565
Great game. I was worried in the first, but the Wings pulled it out. (great check against Cleary in the first period!!!)

Does anyone know where on the net I can find pics of this game to make as my computer wallpaper? I can only find flash photo galleries. Or, can someone teach me how to save a photo out of a flash show?
you might be able to press ctrl + print screen to take a screen grab, then just crop the picture wherever you like to do your croppins and save it.

i enjoyed cleary going ass-over-tea kettle into the chicago bench too. how about babcock's hat?
That worked decent. Not very high quality, but better than nothing. Thanks.

I'm not too sure what to think about the hat. At least they were having fun, I guess.
The hat was effing awesome. The game was great. Another great showcase for the NHL. I think they should have done it at a football stadium but Wrigley was still cool. I loved how Chicago got all high and mighty on themselves and then got scored on 5 times in a row. They keep telling everybody they can play with the wings and they're as good if not better than the wings but the wings keep spanking them.
was it televised at all? cause i looked all over the direct tv and didn't see anything.
You're not serious, are you?

They've played it a lot on the NHL network this weekend too (ch 215 on Directv)
i don't get that Sad

edit* just rememberd i don't get the NHL channel and the wife deletes all the channels we don't get...ie. didn't show up on my searches for the game.
It was on NBC new year's day.
damn...i was sleeping

I suck