Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you wish was asked in 2nd debate?
The debate was pretty boring with no new ground covered. anything you wish would be covered that wasn't?
I wish someone had asked "Can we have this debate a little earlier, so Old Man Zester doesn't fall asleep 3 questions into it?"
Needs more "my friends" !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRmey2WvWnw
I've never understood why McCain's use of "My friends" or Palin's little quirks are an issue to so many people. If that's what you're basing your vote on, do me a favor and just stay home. Big deal, the guy uses a phrase too much. I could butcher the video of every time Obama says the word "the" and make him sound like an idiot too.

I wish people would vote the issues and not this juvenile, petty crap.
But Zester, juvenile is what they do....It's all they know!!!
It just bothers me that the votes of people like my wife and I, who vote based on issues (even more so this year since we're bringing a child into the world)...can be negated by people who think Obama's a muslim, McCain says "My friends" too much and by someone voting for Ralph Nader to "send a message".
hotzester Wrote:It just bothers me that the votes of people like my wife and I, who vote based on issues (even more so this year since we're bringing a child into the world)...can be negated by people who think Obama's a muslim, McCain says "My friends" too much and by someone voting for Ralph Nader to "send a message".

Exalt!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Seriously Zestor, The people who actually care and want the system to work, are overwhelmingly outnumbered by those that don't (care) or have the money to buy their way into what they want. The story this morning on how those execs and CEO's who just got bailed out and then turned around and treated themselves with tax payers money, is just another example.
America has been "dumbed" down to the point of retardation. Big business and Gov can do whatever they want without fear of repercussions.
When is the last time something "good" came out of our Government?
Hmm...the Civil War ended well.

I wholeheartedly agree, Plungerhand. Good things rarely come out of government. This is one of the biggest reasons I started to slide to the Conservative side of things and favor smaller governement. As soon as you rely on the government for ANYTHING, it's going to get f'd.
I would like them to ask all the same questions but with the clause that neither of them can mention A) the other candidate, or B) the opposite party. I wish they would just answer the questions instead of saying "look at my record" followed by "my opponent will do (insert negative act here) to the American people."
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I learned more about McCain when Obama spoke and more about Obama when McCain spoke. They would never go into details of their own plans, only rip apart the others.

In my opinion, debates are out dated. They should have individual candidate question answer sessions in a town hall format. The rules would include a provision that they can not slam to other party / candidate, only boast their plans. The commercials do enough negative attacks.
I was thinking about the debate during lunch, and I'm with airhornahole in that I'd like to see the debate "forum" overhauled. Rather than a simple Q&A where the candidates get to rattle off their talking points, set it up with one question in the beginning, and then let the two candidates talk freely. Let them have an actual discussion. Let it get heated, let one man bully his way in and hog all the air time....THEN the American people will see who is who.
Or bare knuckle boxing to the death!!!! Last man alive is our new prez!
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
hotzester Wrote:It just bothers me that the votes of people like my wife and I, who vote based on issues (even more so this year since we're bringing a child into the world)...can be negated by people who think Obama's a muslim, McCain says "My friends" too much and by someone voting for Ralph Nader to "send a message".

I care about the issues, and have been doing as much research of my own into them as time allows, and it drives me NUTS when McCain says, "My friends" over and over.

That doesn't mean I'm not qualified to vote- it means it annoys me when people get so caught up in using catch-phrases that they lose the ability to be original in their patterns of speech.
I would have liked to see one question asked:

"As president, what area of government will you cut to assist the American people to keep more money in their pockets?"
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Potthole, my comment wasn't aimed at you specifically - I was more speaking in generalizations about those who have nothing of substance to use in the "Why I'm not voting for _____" argument. We've all heard it.

President Bush sucks because he pronounces "nuclear" wrong, Sarah Palin is "folksy" (which I'm now learning is a bad thing?) because of her accent....if you oppose them on positions, awesome. But don't cancel out my vote because you (meaning any random voter) don't like that McCain can't type an email.
AAAAHHHHH!!!!! The joy's of freedom and a democratic society.

It does suck that even the douche bags get to vote. However, you'd have to assume that there may be an equal # of dbags on each side and they cancel each other out, while us edumacated voters get to make the real decision.
Sadly, airhornahole, I've come to the conclusion that those of us with any semblance of common sense are one of many minorities!
hotzester Wrote:Sadly, airhornahole, I've come to the conclusion that those of us with any semblance of common sense are one of many minorities!

Your probably right.

I would like to ask the timeless Frasier Crane question:

"What color is the sky in your world?"