Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you cure a hangover?
I find that an "Odwalla B-monster" works well... better than the vitamin B capsules alone. Aside from re-hydrating, what else works well? I've heard of, some really strange, and some intriguing techniques.
take a look at the Drink of choice thread theres some hangover remedies there.

I've found that staying away from the cheap stuff, a lot of water and B & C vitmains before bed helps.
Wowie Groovie !
Start drinking again works well for me. Smile

If I'm going to be at a place where it's unacceptable to start drinking again then drinking a HUGE glass of water and taking several ibuprofen before going to bed does wonders for me.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Drink the good booze. Your less likely to get a hangover in the first place.
I don't know how to cure a hangover, but I know two ways to prevent them. One way is to drink a glass of water after each drink. It's annoying, but you'll stay hydrated. Another way that always works for me is to drink a 32oz Gatorade before bed.
Gatorade or Pedialyte the next day has always helped me.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
burnking Wrote:I don't know how to cure a hangover, but I know two ways to prevent them. One way is to drink a glass of water after each drink. It's annoying, but you'll stay hydrated. Another way that always works for me is to drink a 32oz Gatorade before bed.

This is really the only method that truly works. It's my method. I've got friends who swear by charcoal capsules, but they have hangovers half of the times they use them....which leads me to believe that they only have the placebo effect.
dino Wrote:Start drinking again works well for me. Smile

If I'm going to be at a place where it's unacceptable to start drinking again then drinking a HUGE glass of water and taking several ibuprofen before going to bed does wonders for me.

Yep, works for me too!! 8-)
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Why would you want to CURE a hangover? If it weren't for hangovers, people would stay drunk all the time. It's nature's reminder to STOP before you die....or somebody makes a video and puts it on you tube!! hint hint Dr Douche...
real men don't get hangover's. pussy's.

i have a gallon of water, vitamin C pills, and sleep.
Jo Wrote:real men don't get hangover's. pussy's.
Quoted for truth... she's right.
elranito Wrote:
Quoted for truth... she's right.

real men drink all night and wake up the next morning, build something made of wood, punch a Commie, haul stuff in a truck, and find time to put the spurs to his Miss'.
Jo Wrote:
elranito Wrote:Quoted for truth... she's right.

and find time to put the spurs to his Miss'.

Or the ultimate warrior.
Jo Wrote:
elranito Wrote:Quoted for truth... she's right.

real men drink all night and wake up the next morning, build something made of wood, punch a Commie, haul stuff in a truck, and find time to put the spurs to his Miss'.
Apparently Becky has been following me around today and taking notes... although I punched a Hippie too. Must have missed that part.
Carve a hole in a watermelon and fock it. Then slam your head into a wall and run into traffic.

A gallon? Really? You've got quite the stomach.

I'm also curious as to what the "pussy" has possession of.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:

A gallon? Really? I'm also curious as to what the "pussy" has possession of.

empty your pockets and....ta-da.
real men don't get hangovers...a quote from someone who is right now "looking forward to fall break." Sure wish I could take a break from life since it is fall.
lurkingfinger Wrote:real men don't get hangovers...a quote from someone who is right now "looking forward to fall break." Sure wish I could take a break from life since it is fall.

go to school and you wouldn't have that problem. or call 9-wah-wah. whichever.
Went to school, then graduated and started paying the bills.
Jo Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:A gallon? Really? I'm also curious as to what the "pussy" has possession of.

empty your pockets and....ta-da.

I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.
I've found that if you hang one foot off the bed and have it on the floor while attempting to sleep, it will keep your head from spinning. It worked the one time I tried it.
wingospagettio Wrote:I've found that if you hang one foot off the bed and have it on the floor while attempting to sleep, it will keep your head from spinning. It worked the one time I tried it.

When I get the spins it's time to purge. I'd rather vomit than lay there with the room agitating back and forth.
Wowie Groovie !
last time I threw up from drinking Shaun cleaned it up for me... If that aint love, I dunno what is....
Jo Wrote:empty your pockets and....ta-da.

Zing!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
The last drunken illness for me was in the middle of GVSU campus on a Sunday morning. It was nice hurling in the grass while people drove by on their way to church. Yeah, me!
Fistor Wrote:Carve a hole in a watermelon and fock it. Then slam your head into a wall and run into traffic.

+1 That made me laugh!! ;D
burnking Wrote:One way is to drink a glass of water after each drink. It's annoying, but you'll stay hydrated.

That seems like the worst method possible.

I have to take a leak enough times from the alcohol alone, much less throwing in an extra gallon or two of water into the mix. Forget that.

Take 2 of any extended release headache capsules and then drink a 32oz. gatorade before you pass out.