Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DID ANY ONE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH 10/9/08 PODCAST???
I got segment 1 today...and thats it!
yep, same here! i need my daily dose of the guys! i'm listening live, for now.
Yea, I only have segment one as well. GET ON IT ZANE!
Same here. Hope they fix it so I can get it.
Noon and still only 1 segment posted! What the eff?
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

LOOUUUD NOISES!
I had the whole thing by 11:30 am EST.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Hey mayorofawesometown I finally got all the segments except 16 did you get 16?
I still only got the first segment and its 3:15
multiple podcast grabbers and the all only get 1. good game zane.

btw: I like how they opened the day yesterday with don't steal the podcast, meanwhile, the people who pay for it can't get it. Are they trying to make us steal it?
moogpaul Wrote:multiple podcast grabbers and the all only get 1. good game zane.

btw: I like how they opened the day yesterday with don't steal the podcast, meanwhile, the people who pay for it can't get it. Are they trying to make us steal it?

Good point! I dont want to bust zane's balls to much about all the podcast problems because i dont want him to get pist off and stop doing the podcast's all together...
F him. It's his job. I like how paying customers have to "beg", to get what they've paid for....
I got 'em all no problem. And no, I didn't steal.
I didnt get any podcasts but the first one. I'm kinda pissed...I need my FBHW
I got all of them, but I manually download mine.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Well there is obviously some unusual problem for half the people. Should never happen.
did the people who only got 1 segment use iTunes? I use it and only got segment 1
See, there's your problem. Filthy mac users. ;-)
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I think I may know what happened, but rest assured it's not Zane's fault. Basically, if one person gets the podcast correctly, then Zane must have done his job, because all he does it post it. I'm trying to get ahold of Dean, but if your link didn't work today it probably won't until a link issue gets sorted out.
milton Wrote:I think I may know what happened, but rest assured it's not Zane's fault. Basically, if one person gets the podcast correctly, then Zane must have done his job, because all he does it post it. I'm trying to get ahold of Dean, but if your link didn't work today it probably won't until a link issue gets sorted out.

hey little milty...you call me a slut, but your boyfriend tells me you like it in the butt.
I'm betting FBHW is trying to secure their podcast more (cause I emailed them about another site that stole it) and thats what is effing up the podcast.
hussywoman Wrote:did the people who only got 1 segment use iTunes? I use it and only got segment 1

I use it and got all of 'em just fine.
Anyone who just got the 1st segment had an expired link. The guy referenced on-air had an old link, and it resulted in a house cleaning.
milton Wrote:Anyone who just got the 1st segment had an expired link. The guy referenced on-air had an old link, and it resulted in a house cleaning.

Im wondering why Dean never sent me the "new link" as I just paid for a new subscription on 10-2-08...I really wish that pod casting wasn't such a pain, for you guys, and for us.
ok, lets be smart about this guys. when we get the new link from Dean, DON'T post it! Hopefully won't have this podcast trouble, for a few months anyway..
So apparently the monthly subscription doesn't recur? I've had the poscast since about March and just assumed the monthly subscription jusy renewed itself but now I find out I'm one of those filthy podcast stealers. Great now I'm going to be stuck with shitty Detroit radio until I can get a new link and knowing that hundreds of others are also trying to get one its going to probably take 2 weeks. What a crappy start to my day.
0rz0ski Wrote:See, there's your problem. Filthy mac users. ;-)

Just throwing it out there that I have a mac and use itunes and I've never had a problem with the podcast. I get home from work around 5 and download that day's podcast and it always works for me.
Brian Wrote:I really wish that pod casting wasn't such a pain, for you guys, and for us.

It would be much better is it was just free. Why charge a small amount of money for something that is already free then not regulate distribution so people know when their subscription is going to expire and then cancel old subscriptions. It just seems like a big hassle, time would be better spent concentrating on things that would make more money for charity than a $30 a year podcast. More people would hear the show if it was all over the internet for free... more people would request it was on in their area... more people would buy physical goods from the website and participate in stuff like the AT charity.
I'm originally from GR and living in fort wayne right now, if there was a way i could get my friends down here to listen for free the show would have a ton more listeners, not just my friends but people in similar situations all around the country. People who have never heard the show will never pay for it.
How else would they pay for bandwidth and the rainy day fund, and the ability to up charity dontations?

cyborgmexican Wrote:
Brian Wrote:I really wish that pod casting wasn't such a pain, for you guys, and for us.

It would be much better is it was just free. Why charge a small amount of money for something that is already free then not regulate distribution so people know when their subscription is going to expire and then cancel old subscriptions. It just seems like a big hassle, time would be better spent concentrating on things that would make more money for charity than a $30 a year podcast. More people would hear the show if it was all over the internet for free... more people would request it was on in their area... more people would buy physical goods from the website and participate in stuff like the AT charity.
I'm originally from GR and living in fort wayne right now, if there was a way i could get my friends down here to listen for free the show would have a ton more listeners, not just my friends but people in similar situations all around the country. People who have never heard the show will never pay for it.

I completely agree, I'ts not that i care if I have to pay 3/month or whatever, but then when you pay, and arent able to get the podcast...It really pisses me off. Im not trying to bust FBHW or Mywebtown's balls, but come on, WTF! I'ts really a compliment that we all want to listen to FBHW, and it sucks when we cant get the podcast. FIGURE OUT A DIFFERENT WAY TO CHARGE FOR THE PODCAST, AND GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY PAY FOR.
cyborgmexican, they have this new fangled technology now call the "radio" and on this "radio" you can have your friends actually tune into the show! As for those not in the listneing areas, they have another fancy electronic box called the computer. Since they have the internet on computers now, you can have your friends take their fingers out of their mouths and mash them on the keyboard until they spell out www.freebeerandhotwings.com (might take awhile). There, they can preview the show by listening to WHWT and watching Joe's Stunts.

Also, I support 0rz0.

Edit: Throwing in Brian also. I've had a podcast subscription for almost a year and have NEVER had a problem. Do you think maybe you're blowing this way out of proportion and the problem could be on your end? Maybe?

Listen, they could've charged a lot more for the podcast and I'd still pay. The fact is that even the fact that they podcast is because they're thinking of their listeners, and they made it extremely cheap to basically cover costs. Whatever is leftover, like 0rz0 said, goes towards charity. If you don't want them to donate to charity, that's fine, but stop f'ing complaining just because your dumbass didn't download the podcast correctly a few times.
burnking Wrote:cyborgmexican, they have this new fangled technology now call the "radio" and on this "radio" you can have your friends actually tune into the show! As for those not in the listneing areas, they have another fancy electronic box called the computer. Since they have the internet on computers now, you can have your friends take their fingers out of their mouths and mash them on the keyboard until they spell out www.freebeerandhotwings.com (might take awhile). There, they can preview the show by listening to WHWT and watching Joe's Stunts.

Also, I support 0rz0.

Edit: Throwing in Brian also. I've had a podcast subscription for almost a year and have NEVER had a problem. Do you think maybe you're blowing this way out of proportion and the problem could be on your end? Maybe?

Well lets see...I have been getting the podcast daily up until monday, and if you read this entire thread, others stopped getting it as well. I understand that they changed the link, so those who didnt pay, stopped getting it. Im frustrated because usually when you pay for something, you expect to get that. Or maybee your right and its a problem on my end, maybee its a FBHW Podcast Virus...
If you have legitimately paid for the podcast, shouldn't you just email the mywebtown staff and say "I'm a legit podcaster, and I'd like to request the updated link"?

0rz0ski Wrote:If you have legitimately paid for the podcast, shouldn't you just email the mywebtown staff and say "I'm a legit podcaster, and I'd like to request the updated link"?

No way, you're crazy. That's the last thing you want to do! Whatever you do, don't take the easy route!
0rz0ski Wrote:If you have legitimately paid for the podcast, shouldn't you just email the mywebtown staff and say "I'm a legit podcaster, and I'd like to request the updated link"?

Yea, i did that twice...I dont want to keep annoying them with emails, but im addicted to FBHW and when I dont get the podcast im forced to work Sad
I have NO problem paying for it, just wondering what's up...I got seg 1 yesterday and nothing today. I thought that when you pay by the month it just automatically charged my card so I don't know if I need to buy again or what...
I think you do have to rebuy it, Chev. I wouldn't know though, I got the year's subscription.

Brian, you paid for the podcast, so therefore, you should get it, and are completely entitled to sending mywebtown (reasonably worded and polite) emails, requesting that you get what you paid for.

I'm 0rz0ski, and that's what I think.

All this talk has gotten me to thinking, I paid for a month, and that month is up in a couple of days. Time for me to re-up for another month!
0rz0ski Wrote:I think you do have to rebuy it, Chev. I wouldn't know though, I got the year's subscription.

Brian, you paid for the podcast, so therefore, you should get it, and are completely entitled to sending mywebtown (reasonably worded and polite) emails, requesting that you get what you paid for.

I'm 0rz0ski, and that's what I think.

LOL, that was better that What HotWings Thinks. I have sent Dean a couple "nice" emails along with my paypal receipt. hopefully he will help me out...