Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NLCS
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I can't stand that dick from Boston now in LA.
Geezus.

Looks like we could see the Phillies play the Rays in the World Series.

Yawn fest 2008. Wake me when it's over.
You must not be a baseball fan then. Those two teams are very well put together and will provide excellent games.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:You must not be a baseball fan then.

I'm a bigger baseball fan than I am of any other sport.

I'm willing to bet that this is the least watched World Series to date.

Wanna make some sort of wager on that?
Low viewership doesn't mean it's crummy baseball being played. Good baseball is good baseball, regardless of how many people are watching the game on their TV. Good baseball is not a yawn-fest, to use your words.
spoonman Wrote:
Admin Wrote:You must not be a baseball fan then.

I'm a bigger baseball fan than I am of any other sport.

I'm willing to bet that this is the least watched World Series to date.

Wanna make some sort of wager on that?

That might be correct but that wasn't your contention in the post I replied to. You said it would be a "Yawn Fest" and to "wake [you] when it's over".
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
potthole Wrote:Low viewership doesn't mean it's crummy baseball being played. Good baseball is good baseball, regardless of how many people are watching the game on their TV. Good baseball is not a yawn-fest, to use your words.

I said nothing in regards to the quality of the competition. I was merely implying that those two teams are not exactly going to be a high profile World series.

Admin Wrote:That might be correct but that wasn't your contention in the post I replied to. You said it would be a "Yawn Fest" and to "wake [you] when it's over".

Oh it absolutely was.

I'm saying there is probably going to be a direct correlation to those teams being opponents in the World Series to the probability of this Series being the least watched of all time.

No one in here can say that they will be as pumped up to watch the freaking Phillies play the cinderella Rays. Most of the people who will be excited to watch this Series will be those fans whose said teams are playing in it. It's not going to be as high profile as any Series in the recent past.

Sure the games might be good but you absolutely will not see any kind of overwhelming numbers in regards to TV viewers. We already know that hardly any Rays fans will care enough to watch, much less attend. Hell, they don't even come to the Rays home games and they've been leading the best division in baseball for months.

Good baseball or not, it will be a Series that hardcore fans, like myself, will not care to sit and watch...much less anyone that has even any mild interest in the sport.
spoonman Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Low viewership doesn't mean it's crummy baseball being played. Good baseball is good baseball, regardless of how many people are watching the game on their TV. Good baseball is not a yawn-fest, to use your words.

I said nothing in regards to the quality of the competition. I was merely implying that those two teams are not exactly going to be a high profile World series.

Admin Wrote:That might be correct but that wasn't your contention in the post I replied to. You said it would be a "Yawn Fest" and to "wake [you] when it's over".

Oh it absolutely was.

No it wasn't at all. You said nothing about ratings. You indicated that YOU had no interest in it.

spoonman Wrote:I'm saying there is probably going to be a direct correlation to those teams being opponents in the World Series to the probability of this Series being the least watched of all time.

You're saying that NOW.

spoonman Wrote:No one in here can say that they will be as pumped up to watch the freaking Phillies play the cinderella Rays.

Bullshit. I already said it. The baseball board I moderate has a lot of people pumped for this series.

spoonman Wrote:Sure the games might be good but you absolutely will not see any kind of overwhelming numbers in regards to TV viewers. We already know that hardly any Rays fans will care enough to watch, much less attend. Hell, they don't even come to the Rays home games and they've been leading the best division in baseball for months.

Who cares? That wasn't your original contention when you said it was going to put YOU to sleep.

spoonman Wrote:Good baseball or not, it will be a Series that hardcore fans, like myself, will not care to sit and watch...much less anyone that has even any mild interest in the sport.

And I continue to contend that if you aren't excited to watch a series between two teams that are solid top to bottom then you are not a "hardcore" baseball fan. You're probably a fan but it sounds like you're a fan of any series not involving small market teams.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I am personally more excited to see the Rays in the World Series than any other team that made the playoffs or was even close.

Here is hoping they make it. Just thinking about Boston in another Worlds Series makes me want to punch myself in the face... no more Boston sports... PLEASE.
spoonman Wrote:

How say you that? Look at your original post, you said a Series between those teams would be a "yawn-fest." That has nothing to do with the profile, popularity, or fanbase of a team, it has everything to do with the quality of play on the field.
It has everything to do with it. I'm glad that you two are such experts on what my intentions are when I post something on the internet.'

The Phillies and Rays are low profile, unpopular teams with subpar fanbases.

Like my original posts that has you two so butthurt, wake me when it's over.

They are two boring teams that hardly anyone cares about. Sure the people on some baseball forum will be pumped about it. It's a baseball forum ffs.

The general public will ho-hum this series to death. Count on that. The rating will show it. Oh and in case you didn't hear me the last couple of times, wake me (and the rest of America) when it's over, that is if Boston doesn't win out and make this discussion null and void.
Both those teams are not boring to watch, for anybody who actually has an appreciation for the game of baseball.

I'll agree that a Rays/Phillies series wouldn't get huge ratings, but it will be far from boring baseball played on the field. If you fail to see that, then you are far from the baseball fan you have claimed to be.
I fail to see it and I'm still a huge fan.

If I see something that changes my mind about what I've already stated, I'll gladly come back and take away everything I've previously said.

I just don't see that happening.