Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics in the show.
I cant stand their half retarded talk about politics, its just annoying. I wish this political season was over. Zane and his obsession with Ayres. Just annoying.
Annoying in what way?

The show hardly dwells on the political aspect of the news. Even when they do, it's the usual "poke fun at the idiot who said this or that" and then they move on.
spoonman Wrote:Annoying in what way?

The show hardly dwells on the political aspect of the news. Even when they do, it's the usual "poke fun at the idiot who said this or that" and then they move on.

exactly.
there is no reason to make a fuss over the whole political thing.

They are a morning show anyway, the format is to talk about things all around(in the news, entertainment, and just plain BS). Weather or not you like it politics are a big part of life, and will come up regardless of what you listen to or watch. Hell if you watch kids shows they even have political jokes and statements in there, so these guys talking about it isn't really all that bad. That and on top of it all, they only spend a segment or 2 talking politics if they are truly talking politics(which is rarely done) any other time they bring up a political person it is as spoon said, they are making fun of what they said or did as they do with anyone weather they be famous, political, or just some schmuck off the news.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Exactly. Gonna have to get used to hearing about politics on any morning show, especially when it's less than a month away from a presidential election.

After that, you're gonna have to learn to stomach it more considering FB&HW will probably have quite a bit of political BS to make fun of after this joke of an election.

But I won't get started on that now. :-X
spoonman Wrote:Exactly. Gonna have to get used to hearing about politics on any morning show, especially when it's less than a month away from a presidential election.

After that, you're gonna have to learn to stomach it more considering FB&HW will probably have quite a bit of political BS to make fun of after this joke of an election.
But I won't get started on that now. :-X

Maybe you can get started in the "Touchy Subject " forum
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
spoonman Wrote:Annoying in what way?

Agreed. As long as they're making fun of someone then it's all good in my book. They attack things I love and things I hate but I don't care because the attacks are just plain hilarious.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
anarchy4sale Wrote:I cant stand their half retarded talk about politics, its just annoying. I wish this political season was over. Zane and his obsession with Ayres. Just annoying.

No one likes the political season, but half-retarded is much better than serious NPR-type droning (unless you're thirsty for kool aid). None of them are shoving anything down anyone's throat, it's a level playing field- everyone's in the crosshairs, and it's one big relevant parody of the messed up system and the doofs in it.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Holy crap that caller during Tuesday's CWTTA segment. Sort of scary that people can be that out of touch with reality...
potthole Wrote:Holy crap that caller during Tuesday's CWTTA segment. Sort of scary that people can be that out of touch with reality...

Missed it. What did he have to say?
Basically, the guy believed every conspiracy about Obama. I mean just about any/every-one there is. Don't know where he was calling from, but sounded like a guy from a hollar somewhere up in the Hills!
Khef Wrote:Basically, the guy believed every conspiracy about Obama. I mean just about any/every-one there is. Don't know where he was calling from, but sounded like a guy from a hollar somewhere up in the Hills!

oh, so that's why they played that crazy lady from last weeks McCain rally. talk about awkward moments, holy crap.
My favorite line from that guy on Tuesday was: "Non-partisan means liberal"
spoonman Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Holy crap that caller during Tuesday's CWTTA segment. Sort of scary that people can be that out of touch with reality...

Missed it. What did he have to say?

Khef pretty much summed it up. If there's an internet rumor about Obama, this caller brought it up, and seemed to believe it. This guy just kept talking and talking, barely stopping long enough to let the FBHW get a word in, until finally they told him to shut up and let them respond.

I think the guy was from Nashville.
Khef Wrote:. . . sounded like a guy from a hollar somewhere up in the Hills!

potthole Wrote:I think the guy was from Nashville.

Why's it always gotta be Nashville?
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
CLEARLY, everyone who lives in the south is a hick.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
[daniel tosh drop]whatever queer[/drop]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
0rz0ski Wrote:CLEARLY, everyone who lives in the south is a hick.

the southern cracks never get old...right now I have everyone in my office just howling with laughter over your wit. Well, everyone except Bubba.(he doesn't get it)
I'll type my witty responses slower, so that he can catch up.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:I'll type my witty responses slower, so that he can catch up.

As if he can read.....(you're killin me)
In all seriousness, though, potthole, have you ever left Michigan? There's more creepy inbred mingers in Wyoming/Kentwood than there are down south, unless you consider "Ohio" to be south.

0rz0ski Wrote:In all seriousness, though, potthole, have you ever left Michigan? There's more creepy inbred mingers in Wyoming/Kentwood than there are down south, unless you consider "Ohio" to be south.

I've left Michigan plenty of times, I used to live in Florida, and went to school in Ohio for a year, in fact. I've seen more than my fair share of toothless rednecks in Michigan, Ohio, and other places around the country that I've been to. Hell, I saw some pretty crazy Eurotrash when I spent a month in Germany a few years back! Why do you ask if I've ever left the state?

When I said I thought the weirdo on CWTTAB the other day was from Nashville, it wasn't to poke fun at the "inbred mingers" stereotype of the south, it was because I honestly think that's where they said he was calling from.
...oh.

I go hide in a corner and be quiet now.

at least they are talking about something in the news that is relevant. In times when American Idol is part of the news and they talk about that ...just like everyone else...I get disgusted. The fact that American Idol results have become part of the news in the morning makes me sick. Who won the Gong Show was not part of the news when that show was relevant, but now that sort of thing has become news worthy as America has dumbed down. Idiocracy was a bad movie, yet the concept so true.
Less politics more Dude!!! Go Griffens!!!!!
aulayan Wrote:My favorite line from that guy on Tuesday was: "Non-partisan means liberal"

It must be true though.
I sent out an email talking about how distorted/biased political forwards are stupid. The one in question is about Obamas plane not having the flag on the tail and how "unpatriotic" it was. I sent it to every email that was on the email because of the FW:FW:FW:FW: There were only like 25 or so, but wow. People freak out when you say that one side is not any better than the other, that you should look into things, and oh yeah, Forwards are stupid. lol. here's one dudes response that makes me laugh. HARD.

I[i] don
jesus christ those debates and palin sound bites that were edited are gee dee hilarious. talk about politics if you want, as long as its funny as hell
A quick lesson in semantics, they avoid talking about politics at all costs. What they have been doing is talking about politicians, it just so happens that everything is happening in the political realm. If any of the Presidential or Vice Presidential candidates did something dumb at a baseball game, they'd still talk about that. Of course, then some dirty pile would call in and complain they're talking about politics.
GOD!!! This weekend I was at a family get together, and pretty much everyone is a raging conservative Republican. My fiance and I arrived a little later, and I asked my dad, "Where is everyone?"

"Oh, they're out on the back deck, talking about the Obama scandal."

Apparently one of the mingers decided to completely believe this internet forward/website/whatever that they had gotten that said something to the effect of "Obama isn't a natural born citizen of the US," and was spreading around their thoughts on the matter to the rest of the pack. So, I say to him, "I don't believe it."

"Wh...wh...what?"

"First thing: This is your family saying it. Second thing, isn't that something that you kinda need to have in order to run, and someone should have looked into it BEFORE now? Third: I will continue to disbelieve it until at least three different news networks report on it."

God, I hate them so much.

0rz0ski Wrote:...oh.

I go hide in a corner and be quiet now.

Glad you learned your lesson! Good dog! :-*
I was quiet for four days, and I'm not insulting anyone, threating to set them on fire, or being Sarcastic-Lass.

0rz0ski Wrote:I was quiet for four days, and I'm not insulting anyone, threating to set them on fire, or being Sarcastic-Lass.

....boring.
I do believe I resent that. I've lived in TN for most of my life, with the exception of being born and living part of my childhood and middle teens in Michigan.

But I'm off base of the topic. I like the joke politics. If I wanted to deal with political diatribe I would watch the news.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
FBHW show listeners are stupid a-holes. Why or why do they keep calling with comments like "it's so obvious you side with..." or "why do you always pick on..." or "can you guys ever stop talking politics..."

it's like no one actually listens to the show.... just because they mention a political topic or person doesn't mean they've lost the edge in dick & fart jokes... think before you call, stupid.
bigdaddy Wrote:FBHW show listeners are stupid a-holes.

Excellent place to voice this opinion. Kudos.
bigdaddy Wrote:just because they mention a political topic or person doesn't mean they've lost the edge in dick & fart jokes... think before you call, stupid.

Also, I would like to think they're more than just a dick and fart joke show.
Krystal Wrote:
I do believe I resent that. I've lived in TN for most of my life, with the exception of being born and living part of my childhood and middle teens in Michigan.

But I'm off base of the topic. I like the joke politics. If I wanted to deal with political diatribe I would watch the news.

Damnit people, it was sarcasm! SARCASM! My feeble attempt at humor by picking on stereotypes!

Sigh. Oh well. Why am I getting upset...it's an internet message board...

0rz0ski Wrote:Why am I getting upset...it's an internet message board...
Words to live by.....
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
0rz0ski Wrote:
Krystal Wrote:I do believe I resent that. I've lived in TN for most of my life, with the exception of being born and living part of my childhood and middle teens in Michigan.

Damnit people, it was sarcasm! SARCASM! My feeble attempt at humor by picking on stereotypes!

Did you actually expect someone from Tennessee to pick up on sarcasm?
Fistor Wrote:
0rz0ski Wrote:Damnit people, it was sarcasm! SARCASM! My feeble attempt at humor by picking on stereotypes!

Did you actually expect someone from Tennessee to pick up on sarcasm?

yup. shor iz hard ta give ur girlfriend a sarcasm when ur doin it.
Yeah, I can't stand all the political talk they do. If I want to listen to a political radio show, I'd go elsewhere. I just can't wait for the election to be over and they can go back to talking about the things they used to talk about. I have heard them discuss the emails from listeners calling them one-sided a million times and it gets old... REALLY OLD.