Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappy Website
This board is awesome! How can they have such a crappy website?
lazy people are in charge of the website. lol
I agree, thier website does need some work. In fact, didn't they admit that they were too lazy to figue something out today.
I have done a few websites, namely NoKPhotography.com, team107.org, and vandervander.com.

I would gladly make a website for them, but I don't know how to get ahold of them the best way.
Yeah, I gotta agree, the FBHW website is pretty lame.
Wowie Groovie !
The fact that Firefox can't view it properly is the biggest problem they have right now...
Yeah, it's not FF3's problem either. I used the w3c validator on it and wow, oi vey is it bad.
They need to add a sound bite archive cause I like drinking!
fix your web for firefox plz

nuff said
if someone can get a hold of them, point them to me please
most radio shows have crappy websites.. but there is still no excuse..
Yeha, but I am willing to do this for free, I love this show. It would be easy to almost replicate the current website just using a wordpress backend.
Derek Wrote:I have done a few websites, namely NoKPhotography.com, team107.org, and vandervander.com.

I would gladly make a website for them, but I don't know how to get ahold of them the best way.

Have you looked at the Nokphotography.com site ? none of the links work, and the portfolio leads to a 500 sever error

Not exactly a shining exapmple of your work
Wowie Groovie !
Currently in work, just so you know. NoKphotography's MySQL database was on a server guess where, in the Iowa flooding. So yes, that is not working totally, and I was more saying that site to check out the graphic design aspect.
The website does suck. Also, a sound bite archive is absolutely crucial.
If it's absolutely crucial, just get the podcast, then rip the audio out of the MP3 file for the clips you want.
That's a good idea, but too much work. I guess "absolutely crucial" isn't the best way to phrase that.

I did purchase the podcast yesterday though. I haven't received an email with the podcast URL yet though.
Yeah mine took a while too. It's definitely worth it though...some stuff you just want to hear a few more times.
Seriously, why can't they spring for a web designer? They can't find an intern who would do it?!
I think MyTown is stuck in 1992. I built websites better than that when I was 15. I would love to see the backend they use to manage the site. I bet they pay an insane amount for it too.
You mean they're not just a reseller?
No, the design style of the MyTown website is very similar to the FBHW design; lots of images where text SHOULD be used, poor navigation, some of the ugliest HTML...I could go on for days. I think the guy who owns MyTown is a friend of theirs, so I doubt they would have someone else do the site.
Eh, the website is ok.

I don't really know what u guys r talkin about, better a crappy website than none at all right?
They used to update it a whole lot more than now. I wish they'd start adding other random clips of stuff from the show- interviews, funny convos, etc.
I have a Greasemonkey script that corrects the problem with the front page of their website. If anyone is using Greasemonkey and FF2/3 then PM me and I will send it to you.
It's 2008, how do you have a site that doesn't work with Firefox? Mytown sucks. I hope it's just a lack of trying, and not a lack of skill or else the new design they're working on will probably suck.
serisouly, i know one of you thinks my website sucks, but I can do it for free for them and make it better. If any of you are able to get a hold fo them (i nvever can) point them in my direction. Or maybe more than one of us can work on it? I dunno, I just want to help change it.
It's run by like one guy. Sorry Dean!!!

With that website, updating it themselves is crucial, but the database that runs the back end is a mess...
Stop crying about the site, i'm sure the admin will make chages to it. shit it's a forum for a radio show, what are you looking for a million dollar site?
Wow, we are talking about FreeBeerandhotwings.com, not this forum. If FBHW.com was anything like this forum, I'd be much happier. At least I could read it then.
What do people think about a FBHW Wiki, where we could put the profiiles for each of the characters, etc and so forth....
Derek-

fbhw.wikidot.com
http://fbhw.wikidot.com/
Damn, hotzester you are quick.
damn, thanks guys, i didn't know about that
QQ MOAR!!!1!!!11

babies....
So I am going to start putting a website together in my spare time and then show it to you guys and then show it to them...think that would be a feasable idea?
yeah... I can't read the site properly with firefox OR safari... that just strikes me as just plain lazy.
BUT I get the impression that the MyTown folks give lots of good customer service to the FBHW team...Dean seems like a great guy... shoot... my podcast subscription ran out two years ago and I'm still getting it! I do appreciate that it's NOT cluttered with crazy ads like most radio station sites...
mermantiger Wrote:The website does suck. Also, a sound bite archive is absolutely crucial.

X2
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
toddswifeluvsblack Wrote:you guys are all fags lick my sweat balls fags.... oh i am so sad the website sucks cry cry some more a holes
You need to grow a set first, then maybe some real fag like yourself will lick them for you, but don't hold your breath.