Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roy Williams
Nothing on this yet?
Reactions?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/200...willi.html
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I will always consider myself a Lions fan but at this point I have to say...who cares. I guess it's good, but to rely on 3 new rookies coming in to turn the program around is a longshot at best. There needs to be a major overhaul of the entire organization before anything good will come out of it. My cynicism towards them grows on a weekly basis.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I believe that this is a good thing. Good teams build through the draft, not free agency. The only way Roy was coming back was with a franchise tag. He's not worth that kind of money. No one on a team that may go 0-16 is. They get 2 extra picks in the draft, and Millen is gone, so he can't screw them up. If they get a decent GM in there (cough cough FLOYD REECE cough) this could be the start of a very long process of cleaning up Millen's stink!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I can agree with that.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Rock Monster Wrote:He's not worth that kind of money. No one on a team that may go 0-16 is.

Going 0-16 isn't his fault. I can't blame the guy for begging his way out of Detroit. He'll shine in Dallas, hopefully enough that T.O. doesn't get anymore TV time to cry about not getting enough touches.

Great move by Dallas in my opinion. Sure they lost 3 picks in the '09 draft but I think they are solid enough now to wait a year on a first round pick.
When I heard there was a big trade, I was hoping the whole team was being replaced.
Getting drafted by the Lions has to be pretty bittersweet. Yeah you got drafted and get to play in the NFL, but at the same time you got drafted by the Lions. I guess now is a better time to join the roster if they are, in fact, moving in the right direction...well at least a new direction.
spoonman Wrote:Going 0-16 isn't his fault. I can't blame the guy for begging his way out of Detroit.....

Having a terrible record isn't any one players fault. What I was getting at is that for the money to franchise tag a WR, you could get a couple a pretty good players in free agency. When you're the worst team in the league, you need money to lure people there. Roy was one of my favorites in Detroit, and I hope he does well taking over the #1 spot in Dallas, but I believe that this deal was much better for Detroit than it was Dallas.
I don't mean to sound like a hater, but didn't Roy run kind of funny? He kind of ran like a robot or a girl or something, but it looked goofy as hell. Don't get me wrong, he's a good receiver and I liked him while he was in Detroit, I just couldn't get over his goofy running style.
Rock Monster Wrote:I believe that this deal was much better for Detroit than it was Dallas.

As long as they don't go and draft yet another wide receiver with their first pick, it most certainly will end up a better deal for them.
Good move, I guess, but I've shunned the Lions for this season. Maybe I'll come back next year. Getting rid of Millen was the first step in winning me back.
potthole Wrote:Good move, I guess

It should turn out to be a great move.

BTW, do they still have their original first round pick for the '09 draft?
spoonman Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Good move, I guess

It should turn out to be a great move.

BTW, do they still have their original first round pick for the '09 draft?

Yes, I believe they do.

As for determining how good of a move the trade will be, I'm waiting to see who is brought in as the new GM. Just look at the draft record of Millen to see why I'm not sold on the trade being a great move yet.
potthole Wrote:Just look at the draft record of Millen to see why I'm not sold on the trade being a great move yet.

Can't put all the blame on Millen in regards to the terrible draft decisions they've made in the recent past.
Didn't he have to give the final say on all draft picks, though?

Honest question, not being a smartass.
Roy Williams-dildo
Detroit Lions- shit laughing stock of everywhere, the Kansas city Royals look at the lions and feel good.
no one cares anymore.
potthole Wrote:Didn't he have to give the final say on all draft picks, though?

Honest question, not being a smartass.

I'm just saying that the head coach isn't the only one involved in the decision making process.
Millen wasn't the head coach...
potthole Wrote:Millen wasn't the head coach...

Complete brain fart. Smite me if ye must.

Didn't mean coach. I meant Pres./CEO.