Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Podcaster
So, I am really new at podcasting. Is there a way to make it so the podcast will play on my ipod without stopping after each segment? Thanks for the help!
I have a Nano. Ever since I got it, it's always just jumped from segment to segment without any prompting. Until recently, and I'd have to manually advance to the next one. I don't know if there was some update or something that screwed the pooch, but I did a Reset Settings and it fixed it. This is different from a Restore, where you reformat everything and reload all your stuff. Go to Settings and scroll all the way to the bottom to Reset Settings. That seemed to fix it for me.

When it was goofed up, it'd say "1 of 1", instead of "1 of 16".

Barring that, you might be able to put all of the segments into a playlist.
make a playlist in itunes
Thanks. I have tried this but must be doing something wrong. How do you do this?
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/
It might be the software on the ipod. I have an iphone and it used to play one segment at a time, then with one of the software updates it now automatically goes to the next segment.
Thanks everybody, i finally figured it out.
Do a search on your iPod for "free" and then select The Free Beer and Hotwings show and then you can play a whole day at once.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
Another think you can do is go into the info for the podcast files (you can select a whole day or more at once) and check "Part Of A Compilation" to "Yes". Then on your iPod, play from compilations and it will play everything. It's probably just as simple to do a playlist, but this is another option.