Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Len O'Kelly was awesome on Friday
Him doing that 19 second intro was one of the best moments of FBHW ever. I just loved the celebration afterwards, including Joe honking the air horn as if someone scored at Joe Louis Arena.
I just got to listen to this segment on Podcast and you're right...it was really good!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Len is great, amazing sense of humor, voice like velvet, and a genius at hitting the post
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
It was definitely an awesome moment. Len rocked it and acted like it was nothing while the guys went nuts.
It was like soft butter slowly melting on pan made of velvet all slow cooking on a stove of awesome.
I'll admit, I nutted.
They should force Len to come into the studio any time hes not doing anything for 2 seconds. The Freebeer, hotwings, and Len show! I like it.
they should re-record all show bumps and promotional sound bits and use Len
Len O'Kelly is the Balls. He HAS to walk around like he owns the station with a voice like that.
Len has a website with voice samples!
http://lenokelly.com/
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I wish I hadn't clicked that link. My libido is disappointed in the disparity between voice and appearance.
That's what she said.
Wow, with that voice, I would never have put that face with that voice.
Allyson Wrote:I wish I hadn't clicked that link. My libido is disappointed in the disparity between voice and appearance.

Terribly sorry, Allyson, but that's the best picture of him. Although, if you use your imagination, you can imagine this guy reading it.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I'm just disappointed that I didn't work in at least one "Kaboobie." Maybe next time.

Thanks for the notes - and thanks for reminding me that I have to update that website...

best,
Len
Allyson Wrote:I wish I hadn't clicked that link. My libido is disappointed in the disparity between voice and appearance.

Ah, welcome to the world of radio, where one's looks rarely match up with the sound of their voice. Wink

A few years back somebody approached me after a public speaking engagement and told me that I had the perfect voice to get into radio. They didn't really understand why I took the comment as a bit of a back-handed insult.
Len was awesome. I love how everyone was waiting, with their breath held, for him to just nail it. and of course he did.
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
They all look the same in the dark... or under a pillowcase.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
potthole Wrote:

Ah, welcome to the world of radio, where one's looks rarely match up with the sound of their voice. Wink

A few years back somebody approached me after a public speaking engagement and told me that I had the perfect voice to get into radio. They didn't really understand why I took the comment as a bit of a back-handed insult.

Saying you've got a voice for radio isn't so bad, if they said you have a face for radio, that's the insult. Kind of like Bob and Tom.

How much fun would it be if Len was a semi-regular on the show? Have him come in every Friday and read WHWT, or something
Wowie Groovie !
burnprince Wrote:they should re-record all show bumps and promotional sound bits and use Len

I agree. Can you imagine: "It's time for the Free Beer and Hotwings Show..." "Here's what Hotwings Thinks"...

Hell, they should just take him on the road with them, and have him be the official announcer of everything.

0rz0ski Wrote:Len has a website with voice samples!

Great. Now I know that the voice of God actually belongs to a retarded banker.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
neelyohara27 Wrote:Wow, with that voice, I would never have put that face with that voice.

I was STUNNED when I seen what FBHW & Eric Zaned looked like when I saw them for the first time. I had thought that zane was 80 years old, had a gray comb over and a beer gut. I pictured FB as an overwight petaphile with glasses and a mullet, and I pictured HW as a 25 year skinny "ginger" (red hair with frecles) wearing a calculator watch from 1992.
Yeah, that whole "face for radio" thing sometimes scares off shallow people. I didn't know what to expect when I went in for my interview to become an intern.

I mean, this was back in the days of Fat Joe, and Andrew the Well Spoken Hairy-backed Cuban...

I was pleasantly suprised to find that I wasn't working in a building full of fat old men with bad comb-overs.

Just people with questionable grooming habits and bathroom manners.
Brian Wrote:
neelyohara27 Wrote:Wow, with that voice, I would never have put that face with that voice.

I was STUNNED when I seen what FBHW & Eric Zaned looked like when I saw them for the first time. I had thought that zane was 80 years old, had a gray comb over and a beer gut. I pictured FB as an overwight petaphile with glasses and a mullet, and I pictured HW as a 25 year skinny "ginger" (red hair with frecles) wearing a calculator watch from 1992.

Wow . . . you got all of that from their voices? I don't think Zane sounds old, and why in the world would you think Free Beer would be a pedifile? No comment on Hot Wings.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
loosewendy Wrote:Just people with questionable grooming habits and bathroom manners.

As evidenced by the miracle poo, and any of the other interns various defects.
loosewendy Wrote:I was pleasantly suprised to find that I wasn't working in a building full of fat old men with bad comb-overs.

Just give it time.....they'll be old and fat with comb overs before you know it.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Great. Now I know that the voice of God actually belongs to a retarded banker.

OK - that made me laugh... guess I need a new picture, too. This is a tough room!
Hey Len, how do you like your new custom title?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
0rz0ski Wrote:Len has a website with voice samples!

The funniest part is if you scroll down about halfway you see "Good Morning" in medium sized font.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Hey Len, how do you like your new custom title?

I laughed at that, too... but that's Denis in that drop.
Eff.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Len Wrote:
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Great. Now I know that the voice of God actually belongs to a retarded banker.

OK - that made me laugh... guess I need a new picture, too. This is a tough room!

No offense, Len. But based on that picture... "retarded banker" is pretty spot on description.

You need to update that!
Aww, you could have gone with something cheesy, like "Postmaster."

I'm going to have to hire a webmaster. Eff!
loosewendy Wrote:Yeah, that whole "face for radio" thing sometimes scares off shallow people. I didn't know what to expect when I went in for my interview to become an intern.

I mean, this was back in the days of Fat Joe, and Andrew the Well Spoken Hairy-backed Cuban...

I was pleasantly suprised to find that I wasn't working in a building full of fat old men with bad comb-overs.

Just people with questionable grooming habits and bathroom manners.

Great post Wendy ! Welcome to the board
Wowie Groovie !
Len Wrote:Aww, you could have gone with something cheesy, like "Postmaster."

I want an audio clip of Len dropping an F bomb. That would make a great ring tone.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:Great post Wendy ! Welcome to the board

Thank you! Thank you!

You know Len, sometimes hungry Computer Science Majors are willing to be webmasters for food....

Len Wrote:

You get bonus points for coming here and take it like a champ. 8-)
I don't know if that's going to be enough to overpower the images though Undecided
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Titan ! Wrote:

I want an audio clip of Len dropping an F bomb. That would make a great ring tone.

Verb or noun?
Just went to Len's site, he put a blip on the main page acknowledging FBHW listeners as an undeniable internet force.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Hehe, when I heard the air horn bit I knew that Len sounded familiar . . . it's from his stint at WODJ . . . lots of miles riding with my dad listening to that station.

I pictured Len to be much older, maybe because of the oldies programming and the sooper voice.