Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U of M vs. MSU
Big game weekend!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I'm optimistic, Big Brother can't lose to little brother.
Wowie Groovie !
MSU has it more together than they have in years. I think UofM is in for an asswhoopin at the hands of my boys down on the banks of the red cedar.
Normally I'd like to think that since about the only thing Michigan has going for them is defending their pride at home, it would spell out a win for them. This year, however...

My hope is for Michigan to win, but I won't be surprised if Sparty makes them take it on the chin.
I am sad to say that UofM is not it's normal self. They may be better conditioned than other teams, but they don't execute and they've turned into a bunch of puss's. I think that the go green crowd will be please. I hope blue pulls through, I just don't see it happening.
When was the last time State won in AA ?

I'd look it up myself but I'm way too lazy
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:When was the last time State won in AA ?

Damn, what a shocker!!
Hey titan, you do realize that everybody not using the UM skin can rather easily see your yellow font, right?
potthole Wrote:rather easily see

i don't know if i'd go that far...i have to squint and get close to the monitor....
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Titan ! Wrote:When was the last time State won in AA ?

1990, I believe.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
People who cheer for MSU over U of M are dirty commies.

That being said, unfortunately I think my beloved Wolverines are going to get killed by the Spartans this year.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I don't see MSU winning in The Big House. Who have they beaten that is any good? As soon as they played a decent team (Ohio State) they layed down, like they do every year. Not that U of M is a good team this year, but I don't think MSU is as good as their record.
Quote:Who cares? They both suck.

Tongue
potthole Wrote:Hey titan, you do realize that everybody not using the UM skin can rather easily see your yellow font, right?

The yellow font isn't supposed to be as hard to see as the white font, it's like white font lite

M showed a little bit of brilliance last on Saturday, State showed nothing. Perhaps Sparty's lay down will continue

nothing here quit looking
Wowie Groovie !
I'm a Commie! Alledgedly at least. MSU will show up to this game. If you don't think they will, you need to watch the last few years of UofM v MSU games. They are always intense, and both teams show up to play. I just think UofM doesn't have what it takes to win this year.
Dr. Stupid Wrote:...I just think UofM doesn't have what it takes to win this year.

DIRTY COMMIE BASTARD.

What has MSU done this year to make you think that they do have what it takes? They haven't (legitimately) beat U of M in how many years? They haven't won at The Big House in how many years? I think it will be close, but MSU will start falling apart again, like they do every year at his time. I say U of M wins by 4. (I wouldn't be surprised if MSU does actually win though.)
Only time will tell. MSU by 7.
Titan ! Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Hey titan, you do realize that everybody not using the UM skin can rather easily see your yellow font, right?

The yellow font isn't supposed to be as hard to see as the white font, it's like white font lite

Gotcha. I had actually wondered if that was the case, but the thought that you honestly figured it was "invisible" took the driver's seat in my mind.
GO GREEN!
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:GO GREEN!
GO WHITE!
Dr. Stupid Wrote:
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:GO GREEN!
GO WHITE!

Go Blow
Wowie Groovie !
You call it maize, we call it corn.

I remember being at a gas station a number of years ago where the clerk mentioned something about scUM getting their asses handed to them. I said "thank God!". The guy behind me, dressed up in scUM game day attire, said "excuse me?". I turned to face him and said "Go blue, go blow". I helped ruin his already bad day.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:You call it maize, we call it corn.

I remember being at a gas station a number of years ago where the clerk mentioned something about scUM getting their asses handed to them. I said "thank God!". The guy behind me, dressed up in scUM game day attire, said "excuse me?". I turned to face him and said "Go blue, go blow". I helped ruin his already bad day.

Serious question here - Why do MSU fans hate U of M so much? Is it because you lose to us most of the time? We don't hate you. Even in basketball, where you punch us in the mouth all of the time. I usually cheer for State, unless they are playing the Wolverines.
I'm not a MSU fan per se. I like whoever is playing Michigan.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Rock Monster Wrote:

Serious question here - Why do MSU fans hate U of M so much? Is it because you lose to us most of the time? We don't hate you. Even in basketball, where you punch us in the mouth all of the time. I usually cheer for State, unless they are playing the Wolverines.
I don't know how it all started, but I know where students at MSU get their hatered: it's taught, plain and simple. That school's faculty started my rabid dislike of UofM. It's not as blatent as I make it seem, but from the day if my orientation, there has been re unspoken rivalry boiling under. The only time it gets to a head is when the game happens and usualy there is a riot in cedar village. Not a real riot, but a few couches will be on fire and poilice will tear gas any pedestrian in the area. MSU as a whole is a fairly roudy school, so any excuse to go crazy is taken.
Dr. Stupid Wrote:...there has been re unspoken rivalry boiling under...

It's not much of a rivalry when one team does all of the winning. (insert Ohio State joke here) Just look at Basketball... you don't consider U of M a rival there. It would be Wisconson, Ohio State, etc...
Yes, actualy, we do. Not a competetor, but a rival for sure. Just because we run a train on the UofM basketball team every year does not mean we don't enjoy every moment of it.

With lame jokes? Seriously dude, no offense but out of the long list of jokes against U of M fans you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with "scUM" and "go blue, go blow."

At least pull out the classic, "Ann Arbor's a whore."
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
How about "flush twice, it's a long way to Ann Arbor"?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
WOOZoOTZORZ!!111! MSU wins by 14!! Take that UofM! How ya like getting kicked in the teath?!? BOYAH!
Eh, it's a super-down year for Michigan, no big deal. Hope you feel good about that, Sparty, because you still haven't shown that you can beat a top-ranked team.
potthole Wrote:Eh, it's a super-down year for Michigan, no big deal. Hope you feel good about that, Sparty, because you still haven't shown that you can beat a top-ranked team.

That's a cop out and you know it.

Michigan still has had dozens of years in a row with top level 4 and 5 star recruits.

It's on the coach to adapt to the players he has, as he builds his system.

It's not like he stepped into a situation where a team hadn't won in 10 years. He stepped into a good situation, with talented players, and has done exactly dick with them.
State's first win vs. Michigan since the "playclock/TJ Duckett catch game" (in East Lansing btw). Which if my math serves me right it's been 7 years. Enjoy it sparty, it'll be 7 more years of losing, and midseason flops just like always
raudy Wrote:State's first win vs. Michigan since the "playclock/TJ Duckett catch game" (in East Lansing btw). Which if my math serves me right it's been 7 years. Enjoy it sparty, it'll be 7 more years of losing, and midseason flops just like always

Way to defend anything i said francis.

Just go back to the old stale "spartan bob", and midseason flop card.

1. Nobody denies we have had terrible coaching since 2000. Saban was rebuilding what Perles destroyed at the end, left for money, and left the program in a state of flux. The admin made the wrong hire in bobby williams, and compounded it with JLS.

Dantonio came into a true rebuilding situation, unlike RR.

2. While the midseason "flop" has been described ad nauseum, how about UM's first four game flop. Just about every year since the co national championship, you guys have dropped a game early in the year to essentially take you out of MNC contention.

3. We're talking about 2008, not 2001-2007, so get over it.
houseboat Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Eh, it's a super-down year for Michigan, no big deal. Hope you feel good about that, Sparty, because you still haven't shown that you can beat a top-ranked team.

That's a cop out and you know it.

Michigan still has had dozens of years in a row with top level 4 and 5 star recruits.

It's not like he stepped into a situation where a team hadn't won in 10 years. He stepped into a good situation, with talented players, and has done exactly dick with them.

Michigan has one, ONE, returning starter on offense from last year. Not only that, but the players are learning a totally new offense from anything they've run in the past. It's a rebuilding year for the team, no matter how you look at it.

Also, I don't think it's a cop-out to point out the fact that State still hasn't been able to beat a top-ranked opponent this season. Sure, Northwestern was ranked at the time, but I think most would agree that they aren't top-tier talent.

I will be the first to say congrats to the State fans I know. This year, they were the better team. But to make it seem as though beating UM was a super difficult thing is just a tad foolish in my opinion.
potthole Wrote:
houseboat Wrote:That's a cop out and you know it.

Michigan has one, ONE, returning starter on offense from last year. Not only that, but the players are learning a totally new offense from anything they've run in the past. It's a rebuilding year for the team, no matter how you look at it.

Also, I don't think it's a cop-out to point out the fact that State still hasn't been able to beat a top-ranked opponent this season. Sure, Northwestern was ranked at the time, but I think most would agree that they aren't top-tier talent.

I will be the first to say congrats to the State fans I know. This year, they were the better team. But to make it seem as though beating UM was a super difficult thing is just a tad foolish in my opinion.

How many people did they return on defense?

When MD took over MSU, he had hardly any returning players, a defense that got torched repeatedly the year before, and the media still beat him up over it.

RR gets a giant pass for rebuilding? Even though um is still loaded with talent? Seems like hypocracy.

RR is michigan's JLS, as hard as that one will be to swallow for the "loyal" michigan fans.
8-)Congrats Sparty, you beat a bad 2-5 Michigan team 8-)
It doesn't matter the circumstances or history. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.

Congratulations to MSU.

Hopefully, this will mean better games in the future and a strong Big 10 conference.
Rock Monster Wrote:8-)Congrats Sparty, you beat a bad 2-5 Michigan team 8-)

QFT, if this were any other year Sparty could pound his chest but this year is a little different. That said, scUM fans would be raising hell if scUM beat Sparty.

I almost feel bed rooting against scUM this year. I like them to be at least competitive when they lose.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Rock Monster Wrote:8-)Congrats Sparty, you beat a bad 2-5 Michigan team 8-)
I bet you're the same guy that wouldn't celebrate a win over OSU, because you've, "been there before."

:Smile