Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
real sport
cant we all talk about a real sport like BMX or MMA(UFC)
That's not really the best way to start a discussion bro.
i dont really care about your opinion i just wanted to talk about mma with somebody and see other opinions of other people i don't care if you think it isn't a good way to start a conversation
arik231 Wrote:i dont really care about your opinion i just wanted to talk about mma with somebody and see other opinions of other people i don't care if you think it isn't a good way to start a conversation

,.!?;

They are called punctuation. Try them sometime.
airhornahole Wrote:
arik231 Wrote:i dont really care about your opinion i just wanted to talk about mma with somebody and see other opinions of other people i don't care if you think it isn't a good way to start a conversation

,.!?;

They are called punctuation. Try them sometime.

Hell, I'd be happy if he even used the Enter key.... just for a few spaces between points or something.

UFC - First time I watched it, I didn't like it, but then I ended up thinking it was pretty cool after watching a few better fights and seeing someone's ear EXPLODE. That was pretty bad ass. I tried to watch the Kimbo fight, but I litterally turned around for ....umm about 14 seconds!.... to flirt with a girl and take a swig of my beer...only to turn around and see other dude running around like a lunatic.

BMX - meh
Kimbo is nothing close to a UFC caliber fighter.

He's an overrated internet backyard fight loser who only squares up with guys less talented than even him.

He won't last. His 15 minutes are almost up.
spoonman Wrote:Kimbo is nothing close to a UFC caliber fighter.

He's an overrated internet backyard fight loser who only squares up with guys less talented than even him.

He won't last. His 15 minutes are almost up.

I know nothing about UFC, and I knew that. I just wanted to see more than ummm not a damn thing....
I've seen UFC. I've no interest in it. To me it's just a glorified tough man contest.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
iusedtogetintotheufcbackwhenshamrockwastheshitbutnowicantreallygetintoittoomuchidontreallyknowwhy
ya i agree. kimbo is overrated just like brock lesnar in the ufc. when i heard about this it seriously angered me. i have no idea why a fake wrestler would fight in the ufc. but what are your opinions on Anderson Silva and Patrick cote. i personally don't think Patrick cote is ready but who am i to say
Went through the BMX/skateboard phase in middle school. Then I grew up.
boooooooring!
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
potthole Wrote:Went through the BMX/skateboard phase in middle school. Then I grew up.

what are you taking about its a real sport like football or basketball. but i guess your saying all those people should grow up to
arik231 Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Went through the BMX/skateboard phase in middle school. Then I grew up.

what are you taking about its a real sport like football or basketball. but i guess your saying all those people should grow up to

it's not a real sport.
...And picking up conversation about BMX in here.

In response to BMX being a sport because it's in the Olympics: ballroom dancing was once in the Olympics also, does that make it a sport?

Scratch that. Upon further research, I have realized I'm wrong on this point.
Jo Wrote:it's not a real sport.

Why is that?
spoonman Wrote:Why is that?

because it's a recreation activity. the Olympic arguement is shit. shooting, trampoline, sailing, and table tennis are also in the Olympics...you calling those sports too?

i'd also like to point out to a mod that this thread is kinda like http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...927&page=1
Jo Wrote:
i'd also like to point out to a mod that this thread is kinda like http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...927&page=1
Meh....i guess it may be a bit like that other thread but I like it when people poke fun at BMX and fighting.

JMHO
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Jo Wrote:

because it's a recreation activity. the Olympic arguement is shit. shooting, trampoline, sailing, and table tennis are also in the Olympics...you calling those sports too?

The Olympic argument wasn't mine to begin with. But I do think that BMX is much more of a sport than any of those you just listed.

Also if you want to nullify BMX from being a sport then you have to do the same thing for every event in the Olympics, by your pitiful logic of course.
arik231 Wrote:cant we all talk about a real sport like BMX or MMA(UFC)

ok, we can talk about how BMX is awful(IMO) and MMA is standable.

discussion ended.
spoonman Wrote:Also if you want to nullify BMX from being a sport then you have to do the same thing for every event in the Olympics, by your pitiful logic of coure.

no, homophobe Mr. T, titan said that because it's in the Olympics it's a sport. i gave examples of stupid events in the Olympics that wouldn't be called sports. if you had half a brain you'd have figured that out.
BMX - Not a sport, IMO. I rode my bike and jumped curbs when I was 8 but I never would have considered myself an athlete. I'll give the guys that do the X-Game style crap props, they have guts but it's still not a sport.

MMA - Soap Opera wrestling with real hitting. I watched it a couple times and don't care to ever watch it again.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Jo Wrote:
spoonman Wrote:Also if you want to nullify BMX from being a sport then you have to do the same thing for every event in the Olympics, by your pitiful logic of coure.

no, homophobe Mr. T, titan said that because it's in the Olympics it's a sport. i gave examples of stupid events in the Olympics that wouldn't be called sports. if you had half a brain you'd have figured that out.

I love how you have to resort to insults because your areguments are so pathetic. Just because you think something in the Olympics is stupid does not make it any less of a sport.

How about trying to back up your idea with some sort of substance rather than calling those who disagree with you some sort of childish name?

Or you can keep on with that nonsense. I don't guess I'd mind making fun of you for a while. It should be quite easy.
spoonman Wrote:How about trying to back up your idea with some sort of substance rather than calling those who disagree with you some sort of childish name?

Hey dolt...
the arguments are already pointed out. Like Becy has already said... go there to argue this.

Jo Wrote:

3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
spoonman Wrote:...by your pitiful logic of course.

spoonman Wrote:I love how you have to resort to insults because your areguments are so pathetic.

just sayin.

i don't think it's a sport because there's no direct competition. you score points, but not against somebody else.
spoonman Wrote:
Jo Wrote:no, homophobe Mr. T, titan said that because it's in the Olympics it's a sport. i gave examples of stupid events in the Olympics that wouldn't be called sports. if you had half a brain you'd have figured that out.

I love how you have to resort to insults because your areguments are so pathetic. Just because you think something in the Olympics is stupid does not make it any less of a sport.

How about trying to back up your idea with some sort of substance rather than calling those who disagree with you some sort of childish name?

Or you can keep on with that nonsense. I don't guess I'd mind making fun of you for a while. It should be quite easy.

I'd say that pointing out other Olympic "sports" that aren't really a true sport is a pretty damn good argument.
spoonman Wrote:I love how you have to resort to insults because your areguments are so pathetic.

you cock sucking, ball cuddling, jiz guzzling, manhole munching, connoisseur of all things homo.

oooOOOoooooo....now what? gonna make fun of me? try it dick.

bmx is a hobby, recreation activity, just boys on bikes with nothing else to do. the fact it's in the Olympics is an embarassment and a disgrace to the honor the Olympics once had.
Jo Wrote:

you cock sucking, ball cuddling, jiz guzzling, manhole munching, connoisseur of all things homo.

This isn't my favorite respose.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Jo Wrote:you cock sucking, ball cuddling, jiz guzzling, manhole munching, connoisseur of all things homo.

This isn't my favorite respose.

i gave him a reason to bitch about name calling since that's all he has. BMX-not a sport. win.
Jo Wrote:bmx is a hobby, recreation activity, just boys on bikes with nothing else to do. the fact it's in the Olympics is an embarassment and a disgrace to the honor the Olympics once had.

Agree completely. Sure, it takes skill to be able to get good at it, but so does a yo-yo, and that, hopefully, isn't considered as "sport" either.

I think that when the IOC added BMX to the Olympic sport lineup, it was a lame attempt to drum up interest in the Olympics from the younger generation. Same goes for adding the snowboard halfpipe in the Winter Olympics.
potthole Wrote:Agree completely. Sure, it takes skill to be able to get good at it, but so does a yo-yo, and that, hopefully, isn't considered as "sport" either.

god help us if they remove something great and let skateboarding in next, like baseball...oh wait....

it's the Olympics, not the X-games.