Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aggitated, need an opinion
A friend is lecturing me, because I may or may not be pregnant, and she is trying to talk me into breastfeeding.... I don't want to, but why throw out "Are you afraid you can't?" How about "no, I have my reasons and I don't want to...."
If you don't want to do it then don't.

However, there are a lot of advantages to it from financial to the health of the baby. If someone asked my advice I would advise them to definitely breastfeed but it's really their choice.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
It's healthier, yes, but a lot of kids still need supplemental feedings with the bottle. My kids were breast fed for some time, but then they quickly switched to the bottle once my wife decided it was too much of a pain in the ass. All three are perfectly healthy.

It's not like it's a choice between breast milk and a chocolate shake. Bottle feeding is healthy, too.

ETA: tell that girl to mind her own Effing business.
Tell her to you're going to start smoking if she doesn't shut up.

Then don't breastfeed because you don't want to. I'm sure you've done your research and made an informed decision and that is entirely up to you, and maybe your baby daddy. Now I'm not terribly well-informed on the matter but I agree with you, at this moment in time I prefer to bottle-feed when I have children. Honestly, there are much worse things you could be considering, for example homeschooling.
That's what she said.
Well having had a few kids and being the mother and the one that would be breastfeeding, I can tell you that some women can handle it and some can't. I couldn't. It wasn't just a matter of me being a wussy and having a low tolerance for pain, I couldn't produce correctly, so I would have had to supplement with a bottle anyway. I agree that it can be healthier for the baby, but only if the mother eats correctly (i.e. as if she were still pregnant and watching EVERYTHING she ingested). Also, I had to return to work after only 3 weeks of having all my kids.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
In my experience, well my wifes experience, only 2 of the 3 breast fed and it made no difference to the health of the baby. The breastfeeding was nice for me because I could sleep all night. Also, it did save ALOT of cash and hastle over bottle feeding from cost of the bottles and formula to having to wash and sanitize the bottles, carrying small coolers with bottles in them everywhere. It was much easier for my wife to take the baby to a "family restroom" and breastfeed.

But to each her own. Just offering my 2 cents.
My wife tried to breastfeed the twins but one wouldn't latch on. She pumped instead and we fed them breastmilk from the bottle for 3 or 4 months until we realized that it caused them painful gas. Let me tell you that formula for twins gets expensive fast but the doctor was glad that we were able to give them breast milk as long as we did.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
The thing that gets me is that once someone becomes pregnant, everyone who knows them thinks that it's OK to start talking about personal issues such as breast feeding and natural birth. My wife is a very private person when it comes to things like this and had to state many times that she didn't feel comfortable talking to strangers about breastfeeding or whether she had a natural birth or not. I was a bit put off by all the people that thought it was OK to touch her belly just because she was pregnant and she was a little bit too. Why do people think that's OK to do to a stranger?
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
landmammaldolphin Wrote:I was a bit put off by all the people that thought it was OK to touch her belly just because she was pregnant and she was a little bit too. Why do people think that's OK to do to a stranger?

Guilty as charged. I used to do it because of the legend that it was good luck. Keyword is "used".

I liken it to strangers who think it's okay to touch a baby's face. Whenever people try to do that to my kids I reach out and touch the stranger's face. They're usually put off by this and rightfully so. What makes them think that it's okay to do it to a baby?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Bottom line..Your body, Your decision!!! I hate it when people feel the need to TELL you how you SHOULD care for YOUR child!!! Breastfeeding didn't work for me either. I tried both times. Lasted 6 weeks with the first and only three days with the second. Neither time was I able to pump or produce enough milk. Shame on ANYONE who would make you feel bad for not breastfeeding. It's none of their business!!!

Tell her I said to go to hell!! :-[
liser seems a bit miffed.
I didn't want to breastfeed so here is what i did.
The most nutritious that the baby can get from breastmilk is the colostrum. So breastfeed while you are in the hospital, and supplement, for the first week, then just go to the bottle. worked for me and every pro breast feeder out there shut up because i made it look like i tried.
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
pro breast feeders ?

Are their amateur breast feeders ?

Competitions ?

Sponsorships ?
Wowie Groovie !
Right now, we get so much "advice" on what we should be doing. We love that you care, but please STFU!

Everyone thinks Melissa should stop figure skating and that it's bad for the baby. Little they know that her Doctor is also a skater and in encouraging it. Melissa will know when it is time to stop. She already has cut way back on what she does(spins/jumps) because SHE knew it was time.

We love the support, but sometimes people are completely clueless.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
Fistor Wrote:liser seems a bit miffed.

I'm in a pissy mood today, and I hate people who push their "beliefs" on me!!! Especially when it comes to my children, and I didn't ask their damn opinion!!
well, just speaking for myself I breastfed for about a year. I loved it. It felt good because I felt that I was doing the best I could for my little girl. It was very convenient at night because I would just take her to bed with me. I also enjoyed holding her close and looking down at her. Sounds stupid but I miss that closeness with her.
Breast feeding = cannibalism. Yes or no?

Discuss.
hummmm....i would say no since cannibalism usually involves a weapon and/or adult teeth. a baby needs the milk to thrive.
as far as breast feeding goes, if u are concerned about the health benefits then just pump for a few weeks...that's what i did. i kept falling asleep and was scared i would smother her with my huge, milk filled boob. plus, you know exactly how much she's getting. you could alternate breast bottle with formula bottle. as long as your baby is growing, happy and healthy, there should be no problems. just my opinion.....
your momma Wrote:as far as breast feeding goes, if u are concerned about the health benefits then just pump for a few weeks...that's what i did. i kept falling asleep and was scared i would smother her with my huge, milk filled boob. plus, you know exactly how much she's getting. you could alternate breast bottle with formula bottle. as long as your baby is growing, happy and healthy, there should be no problems. just my opinion.....

good call.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Titan ! Wrote:pro breast feeders ?

Are their amateur breast feeders ?

Competitions ?

Sponsorships ?

no r-tard! it's a rip on the pro life, pro choice thing.

like the "pro breastfeeders" out there are announcing to every pregnant woman or with a new baby "breast is best you know."
and "pro formula" doesn't really care what you do because you know what will work for you.

and on the cannabalism thing, i think no. i learned in a health class that some people get allergies to cows milk because humans were never intended to drink it. so....opinions on that?
jaydethespaz Wrote:i learned in a health class that some people get allergies to cows milk because humans were never intended to drink it. so....opinions on that?

There are also people out there that say that we were never intended to eat animals either. Eff them. If we weren't supposed to eat them, we wouldn't have incisor teeth, just molars.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
My wife is boob feeding our daughter right now (well not this second....or maybe she is...I'm at work) and it's awesome for me. I don't have to buy expensive formula, I don't have to wake up to feed her in the middle of the night. And the greatest benefit of all, when the baby only eats half of her dinner, each hand gets a differant sized boob, it's like a threesome but without having to buy drinks before hand.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:My wife is boob feeding our daughter right now (well not this second....or maybe she is...I'm at work) and it's awesome for me. I don't have to buy expensive formula, I don't have to wake up to feed her in the middle of the night. And the greatest benefit of all, when the baby only eats half of her dinner, each hand gets a differant sized boob, it's like a threesome but without having to buy drinks before hand.

wow howie! Big Grin +1
My Mom didn't breast feed my brother or I. She didn't even use formula. She did old school family recipe, and my brother and I, are rarely sick, and very healthy. Honestly thinking of doing the old school recipe, since it involves goat milk (which is close to human breast milk) or cow milk and karosyrup......my husband and his brother were never breast fed either, and they are healthy too, and lived on the same recipe as my brother and I.
Admin Wrote:
landmammaldolphin Wrote:I was a bit put off by all the people that thought it was OK to touch her belly just because she was pregnant and she was a little bit too. Why do people think that's OK to do to a stranger?

Guilty as charged. I used to do it because of the legend that it was good luck. Keyword is "used".

I liken it to strangers who think it's okay to touch a baby's face. Whenever people try to do that to my kids I reach out and touch the stranger's face. They're usually put off by this and rightfully so. What makes them think that it's okay to do it to a baby?

I wish I had heard the break about the guy and your daughter. I should have used your technique. Got to say it was smooth.
Hmmm...so easy to tell my parents and brother to lay off, but a friend is harder lol.
are blowjobs cannibalism?
scooterfanatic Wrote:are blowjobs cannibalism?

Why? Are you afraid you are one? Tongue
scooterfanatic Wrote:are blowjobs cannibalism?

Only if you swallow!!! :-*
My wife tried to breastfeed our son, but it ended up being too painful and she ended up getting blisters on her nips. I've never been so turned off by boobs before but it was disgusting. She stopped breastfeeding him and we went to formula, but ever since we switched he's had issues with spitting up.
It's a personal choice. I have heard all the arguments for breastfeeding, including the " they gain initial immunities from you" speech. While there is "incremental" evidence of increased immunity for breatfeeding, formula makers have included all necessary vitamins, mineral, trace elements, etc.

Personally, I breastfed all 3, but the last child could not digest proteins and I had to stop early.

NOTE to Cuppie: You may need to switch formula. Find something with easily digestible proteins and the spitting up may go away.

BTW, breast-feeding does cause havoc with those funbags!!! They may over-inflate; deflate; cracked nips; and drying those bad boys up once you are done breast-feeding is a nightmare!!!!

Although, it turns out my hubby loved me breast-feeding! He would often take one breast and try to aim it at various targets, often with great success... ( I kid you not)..

Do I regret breast-feeding? No. It's an incredible feeling to feed your child from your own body. I just hate ordering bras in a 42 Long...Wink
I want a second opinion.

Okay, you're ugly too.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I want a second opinion.

Okay, you're ugly too.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

I forgive you, after all you ARE from Michigan. Let's make ugly babies together and foist them upon the unsuspecting world! ( Oh wait, you're already doing that, with limited success...)

And yes, you WILL be here all week, without an audience, per se, but here nonetheless or nonethemore...
[Image: bunny-pancake.jpg]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:[Image: bunny-pancake.jpg]

See, I KNEW that was your form of birth control!!! Throw a pancake on the problem and we are all good!??? Undecided
I see you checked your PM's chlietoris63!! Good job!!! 8-)
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:I see you checked your PM's chlietoris63!! Good job!!! 8-)

Thanks Queenie!! You rule!!!
chlietoris63 Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I see you checked your PM's chlietoris63!! Good job!!! 8-)

Thanks Queenie!! You rule!!!

You are most welcome. I like the new avatar!
Queenie Wrote:
chlietoris63 Wrote:Thanks Queenie!! You rule!!!

You are most welcome. I like the new avatar!

I know, right??? I feel another Happy Dance comin' on!!! ( Where's that darned "floody" mix they had during the game this morning???? )