Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not racist, but....
I was listening to NPR the other day and they were interviewing 2 women who were sisters-in-law. One was voting for McCain and the other for Obama. The one who is voting for McCain was asked how things would be different in this country if Obama were elected.

She began her statement with "I don't want to sound racist, but..." She then followed that with (I'm paraphrasing) Back in the day the black man had to step off the sidewalk for the white man and I'm afraid that will be other way around if Obama is elected. Also I think that if a black man is elected president we will see all the blacks rise up and become violent and start killing people.

What I find so funny is when the words "I'm not racist" precede a comment, they are almost always the most racist statements I've ever heard. I think this election has exacerbated this trend.

Anyone have any good ones that they've heard after the words, "I'm not a racist, but" have been uttered?
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
A) I can't believe someone actually said that
B) I find it harder to believe that someone actually believes that
C)The politically correct have made it a necessity to preface anything that might be seen as a "racial slight" with a caveat such as this. However, in this case the woman is more likely a bigot and semantically correct in claiming that she isn't a racist.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I'm not racist, but your mother's a whore.
That's what she said.
I wonder what she does consider racist....
No offense, but you're possibly the dumbest pile of fecal matter ever to get smeared on this earth.
I've changed my mind. She's full on racist. And just as nutty as Charles Manson.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:I've changed my mind. She's full on racist. And just as nutty as Charles Manson.

And who the hell are you calling crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Froot Loops on your front porch!
Fistor Wrote:No offense, but you're possibly the dumbest pile of fecal matter ever to get smeared on this earth.

ha ha, no offense
Fistor Wrote:
Admin Wrote:I've changed my mind. She's full on racist. And just as nutty as Charles Manson.

And who the hell are you calling crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Froot Loops on your front porch!

You can't bring me down.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:And who the hell are you calling crazy?

You can't bring me down.

Effing angst defined.
The whole CD smokes. But can I listen to it? NO! Because it will scare the kids. I need to load it onto my IPOD and listen while on the treadmill.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:The whole CD smokes. But can I listen to it? NO! Because it will scare the kids. I need to load it onto my IPOD and listen while on the treadmill.

One of the few albums that scratched the itch created by my discovery of Metallica back in the late 80's.

TELL 'EM WHAT'S UP ROCKY!!!
three words for this person.

ha ha ha(complete sarcasm here)
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
sunshyne Wrote:I wonder what she does consider racist....

I'm with you sunshyne. I can't imagine what the word racist means to that person!
I love it when people say that because you're right, they are about to say something very recist. Not that I want to hear a racist comment, but I love to hear how "not racist" someone is.

It reminds me of Joy on My Name is Earl. She believes that you can bad mouth someone as much as you want so long as you begin with, "Bless you heart" (I think it's bless your heart....???....anyway, it's funny).
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:It reminds me of Joy on My Name is Earl. She believes that you can bad mouth someone as much as you want so long as you begin with, "Bless you heart" (I think it's bless your heart....???....anyway, it's funny).

Just like Talladega Nights.."With all due respect...."
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
landmammaldolphin Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:It reminds me of Joy on My Name is Earl. She believes that you can bad mouth someone as much as you want so long as you begin with, "Bless you heart" (I think it's bless your heart....???....anyway, it's funny).

Just like Talladega Nights.."With all due respect...."

YES!!! Exactly!
Depending on how bad the comment is you say "bless their hearts" before or after, or both. If its going be really bad, you say it before. If its only moderately bad you say it afterwards.
I got some of that on Wednesday at work......I am a very Conservative Constitutional Independent party voter. I walked up to some of my friends at work that had voted for Obama. Ended up with some people that didn't know me, reporting me to supervisors as racist.... I shook the people's hands congratulated them, they asked why, I said I was happy that their candidate won. They questioned me, I said I am happy but still worried. They asked me why I was worried, and I answered, I'm just worried someone will try to do something stupid. The friends said don't worry God has his back. I said I know, but Kennedy, Reagan, ect..... The nosy busy bodies, ran screaming that I was a racist, and sarcastic in my congratulations and was threatening the president elects life......WTF????? My friends are black, they agreed with me, one black friend looked at me and said why (where) you in meetings, I've said the same thing, so has my grandma, must be because you don't have a tan. My friends said that I should be apologized to.......... Hubby is mad because he says I'm the least racist person he knows. I guess we forget that Kennedy, Reagan, Lincoln were white and stupid things happened. Lincoln and Kennedy Democrats....has nothing to do with color. Even the supervisors admitted if I had said the same thing about McCain, I would have never ended up in a meeting.
lokizilla Wrote:I got some of that on Wednesday at work......I am a very Conservative Constitutional Independent party voter. I walked up to some of my friends at work that had voted for Obama. Ended up with some people that didn't know me, reporting me to supervisors as racist.... I shook the people's hands congratulated them, they asked why, I said I was happy that their candidate won. They questioned me, I said I am happy but still worried. They asked me why I was worried, and I answered, I'm just worried someone will try to do something stupid. The friends said don't worry God has his back. I said I know, but Kennedy, Reagan, ect..... The nosy busy bodies, ran screaming that I was a racist, and sarcastic in my congratulations and was threatening the president elects life......WTF????? My friends are black, they agreed with me, one black friend looked at me and said why (where) you in meetings, I've said the same thing, so has my grandma, must be because you don't have a tan. My friends said that I should be apologized to.......... Hubby is mad because he says I'm the least racist person he knows. I guess we forget that Kennedy, Reagan, Lincoln were white and stupid things happened. Lincoln and Kennedy Democrats....has nothing to do with color. Even the supervisors admitted if I had said the same thing about McCain, I would have never ended up in a meeting.

I certainly hope that our country has progressed past this point, but I am skeert that there are still ignorant people out there that will attempt something stupid.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:I got some of that on Wednesday at work......I am a very Conservative Constitutional Independent party voter. I walked up to some of my friends at work that had voted for Obama. Ended up with some people that didn't know me, reporting me to supervisors as racist.... I shook the people's hands congratulated them, they asked why, I said I was happy that their candidate won. They questioned me, I said I am happy but still worried. They asked me why I was worried, and I answered, I'm just worried someone will try to do something stupid. The friends said don't worry God has his back. I said I know, but Kennedy, Reagan, ect..... The nosy busy bodies, ran screaming that I was a racist, and sarcastic in my congratulations and was threatening the president elects life......WTF????? My friends are black, they agreed with me, one black friend looked at me and said why (where) you in meetings, I've said the same thing, so has my grandma, must be because you don't have a tan. My friends said that I should be apologized to.......... Hubby is mad because he says I'm the least racist person he knows. I guess we forget that Kennedy, Reagan, Lincoln were white and stupid things happened. Lincoln and Kennedy Democrats....has nothing to do with color. Even the supervisors admitted if I had said the same thing about McCain, I would have never ended up in a meeting.

I certainly hope that our country has progressed past this point, but I am skeert that there are still ignorant people out there that will attempt something stupid.

I do, too. I really hope nothing happens. I just know that people aren't quick in the head when they have their own views.