Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama listening to Rev. J. Wright
Is the fact that Barack Obama sat and listened to the preachings of Rev. Wright for twenty years important to you? When you see the videos of some of the sermons, the congregation laughs and cheers and doesn't seem astonished to be hearing Rev. Wright say these things. Like they heard him say these things before. Did Barack Obama laugh and cheer along, or did he sit on his hands for twenty years? Just wondering your thoughts haven't seen a thread on this.
In almost any high powered church there is a crowd mentality. The pastor has been appointed (or has appointed himself either way you don't actually know) as Gods messenger. You may or may not agree with the sermon but most people would not interrupt the pastor during the morning message. I've literally sat in church with my ears burning and even walked out on occasion, but I've never stood up and called out the pastor. I don't think most people would.
Has Rev Wright message been over the top with bigotry for years or did racism begin to creep into his message? It makes a difference. If he's always been that way well then everyone has known for years what a bigot he has been. If bigotry slowly creeped into his message, people may have been slowly indoctrinated and he may not have so quickly set off peoples "racism meters" and would not have so quick to leave.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Barack called him a close friend and was a member of this "church" for years, and as soon as this comes out he condemns everything that was questionable. This has bothered me from the very first time I heard about it. I saw a story a while back that said when Barack was looking for a church that he spent much time looking, and even interviewing pastors until he found the right one. This is one of the biggest reasons I am voting for McCain.
I've left churches over less. Is this why I'm not voting for Obama? Not at all.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I cant wait till wednesday.

Independent Voting FTW.
the ad that really gets to me is the one saying that Obama has never been in charge of anything, like getting an operation done by a surgeon whose never operated on anyone before. feel like he's gonna get into the white house and go now what? i personally don't like either one..gonna get screwed with paying more taxes anyway. just send our troops home. i think people have forgotten about the Rev. Wright incident anyway.......
Anastasia, do you feel the President-elect is going to bring the troops home?
hotzester Wrote:Anastasia, do you feel the President-elect is going to bring the troops home?

Doubtful I know, I'm not that ignorant. Know it will take some time, I come from a military family but here's hoping....don't you think they've been over there long enough? I was in the hospital giving birth when Bush gave the 48 hr. warning to leave and she's going to be 6 in March....... Undecided