Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colt McCoy, media darling
Colt McCoy is perhaps the most overrated and overhyped average college football player in the history of EVER. Heisman? are they serious? could someone please explain why the media and perhaps even yourself have a giant hard on for this jackass?
He's had a statiscally good year. He's lead TEX to victories over OU and OSU.

If not him as one of the top five in college football, then who?

It seems to be a weak league as far as NFL talent/star power seems to go.
http://www.cfbstats.com/2008/player/703/...index.html

Almost 300 yards a game, 79% Completion percentage, 30 TDs, 5 int, and was #1 in the country. The best player on the best team is going to be the leader in the heisman voting almost every year. His stock will fall now that they have lost, but not much, because of his numbers.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
He's a good QB and deserves the hype based on his stats. Now Sam Bradford being a sophomore makes him more appealing as an NFL prospect, IMO but we'll have to wait and see how his career ends up.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
it seems mainly to me that while he amasses piles of mediocre/average games, someone like TT's Graham Harrell( who threw for 474 yards and 2 TDs with 0 Interceptions), and has bonafide heisman numbers, over 3600 passing yards, 30 tds with only 5 picks, should be fawned over more than McCoy. who I suspect would be just as overlooked if he wasn't playing in a Longhorn's uniform.
ChampKind Wrote:and has bonafide heisman numbers, over 3600 passing yards, 30 tds with only 5 picks, should be fawned over more than McCoy.

Harrell also has almost twice as many pass attempts to amass those numbers. McCoy actually has a higher passer rating. 127.1 vs. 116.7
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
duly noted, I am possibly guilty of overlooking that to make a point, but that is correct, McCoy does have a higher passer rating, he also has more weapons, he actually has a running back
He falls under the same category as guys like Tim Tebow: Good college player but will never amount to anything in the NFL.