Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Obama
I hope President Obama is up to this challenge.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
Biff, all the sources you gave me are just proving my point.

[Image: National-Debt-GDP.jpg]

In this graph, the national debt CLEARLY went down during the years that Clinton was in office. Doing it by cutting military spending was a GOOD thing. As a veteran myself, who's been to BOTH fronts of the wars and seeing what we're actually doing over there, I can understand why cutting military spending would help.
Wanna know what I did the entire time I was in both countries? I sat on my ass 80% of the time and played cards in the shade with my buddies. There were other times where we went on convoys and got shot at and blown up, but for the most part, we didn't do a damn thing.

Or how about this?
[Image: NewDebtAnnualy-1980-Present.jpg]
Again, the debt was DOWN during Clinton's time in office.
How can you possibly think that being ridiculously indebted to other countries is a GOOD thing? I don't get it.
You said the deficit being alive and well was BS. I showed you that it wasn't. That picture you posted was apples and oranges.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I use CAPS a lot to EMPHASIZE my points.

What a dick.
hotzester Wrote:It's not a generalization. To the contrary, it's with specificity that I said it. No one who knows American politics would classify President Bush or Senator McCain "fiscal conservatives". The only word in the entire original post that you could get me on, and it's a weak argument, is my use of the word "anything".

As for my credibility - I don't care whether people question it or not. Especially people on a message board. (No offense.)

Didn't you see my wink?
Mark the Valet Wrote:I use CAPS a lot to EMPHASIZE my points.

What a dick.

Well, when one's reading doesn't appear to be one's strong point I use CAPS to accentuate what you were oblivious to. Sorry if that makes me look like a dick.

Oh and it doesn't help that the first person to sling a personal slam is always the guy who is on the losing end of a debate.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
No, no, I was making fun of myself about the caps thing.
Sorry about the confusion.
Mark the Valet Wrote:No, no, I was making fun of myself about the caps thing.
Sorry about the confusion.

Ah gotcha. I didn't even notice because it was one word at a time.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
C'mon now, I try never to attack people during a civilized debate.
That's how people lose friends over this kinda thing. It stops being about the issues when people start insulting one another.

I'm not a COMPLETE dick.
Mark the Valet Wrote:I'm not a COMPLETE dick.

I am.

I'd capitalize the whole sentence to appear extra dickish but then any Jewish people on the board would think that I am claiming to be God.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I guess my point was that Clinton's plans (Tax Raises, Cutting Military spending, etc...) was actually good for the economy, and it shows. It sucked balls for the everyday people like you and I, but the needs of many outweigh the needs of the few.

It's our job to keep this country going, whether you think it is or not.
No dummy up in Washington has all the answers, we should know that by now.
semantics are alive and well on this board though!
I had the same argument with a lady (I use that term loosely, toothless wonder would be more accurate) and she gave me the same BS line of "Bill Clinton got rid of the national debt..." Blah blah blah. I told her she was full of it and that she obviously didn't know anything and she only pulls these stats out of thin air and from liberal media. That very night Barack Obama said that the national debt was still existent during Clinton's reign. I laughed at her.

On a different note, hope everybody is enjoying the gas prices being under $2 right now. Obama just said that he plans on undoing everything that was set up for off shore drilling. Now for those of you who are "we won't see that gas for 10 years" preaching people let me explain to you how gas prices work. Supply and demand. Only with gas, this is projected 10 years from now. The people that set the prices project how much gas there will be 10 years from today and how much demand there will be and then they set the price. So no, we won't see that gas for 10 years but we'd see the effects of the drilling right now. I don't think that we can drill out of the problem, but I think we should still drill and get it. We'll come up with a better energy plan than using gas. I think I'm going to get a natural gas powered vehicle.
cuppie Wrote: I think I'm going to get a natural gas powered vehicle.

You sure are optimistic.
Well, the only think stopping me from getting one is that the closest one is in New York and I'm in Michigan.
And President Bush is ready for the inauguration . . .

[Image: BushreadyforObamasinaug.jpg]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Every time something good happens the Liberals are going to taut Obama as the genius visionary behind it, and the Conservatives are going to bend over backwards to show he had little to do with it.

Every time something bad happens the Conservatives are going to decry Obama as the worst president in history and compare him to Karl Marx or Stalin, and the Liberals are going to bend over backwards to show he had little to do with it.

It happens every presidential term. It should be no surprise.
scooterfanatic Wrote:Every time something good happens the Liberals are going to taut Obama as the genius visionary behind it, and the Conservatives are going to bend over backwards to show he had little to do with it.

Every time something bad happens the Conservatives are going to decry Obama as the worst president in history and compare him to Karl Marx or Stalin, and the Liberals are going to bend over backwards to show he had little to do with it.

Although I think you're right, it sounds like you are trying to diagree with someone here.... Undecided .... Are you just making a general statement directed towards the topic as a whole? Or is this directed towards someone in particular?
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:Every time something good happens the Liberals are going to taut Obama as the genius visionary behind it, and the Conservatives are going to bend over backwards to show he had little to do with it.

Although I think you're right, it sounds like you are trying to diagree with someone here.... Undecided .... Are you just making a general statement directed towards the topic as a whole? Or is this directed towards someone in particular?

It's addressing the topic of the thread, not directed anyone in particular.
Queenie Wrote:And President Bush is ready for the inauguration . . .

[Image: BushreadyforObamasinaug.jpg]

.....hmmmmm ???
I admire Obama greatly and I am a huge supporter of him. I do, however, despise Hillary and I am wondering what in the world he is thinking putting her on his cabinet. I hope he doesn't.
But why, Kate? What about him makes you support him?
I didn't vote for him and I don't think I like his approach, but I can see why people like him and support him. He's handsome, he's articulate, He seems pretty down to earth, plus he doesn't have the "makes me want to vomit" factor of Bill Clinton. Thats a big plus. If he turns the economy around, however he does it, He's going to be real trouble for the Republicans next term.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:I didn't vote for him and I don't think I like his approach, but I can see why people like him and support him. He's handsome, he's articulate, He seems pretty down to earth, plus he doesn't have the "makes me want to vomit" factor of Bill Clinton. Thats a big plus. If he turns the economy around, however he does it, He's going to be real trouble for the Republicans next term.

i know a lot of people around my college campus who voted for him because they were pissed off about the debt we're inheriting and how, if things keep going the way they are, we'll be paying for it in a big way when we get older. so i guess trying someone on the other side is better than the party whose screwed us over.

that didn't really factor in to my decision on who to vote for, but i know some people voted just on that reason alone and it's kind of a shame.
Except that it wasn't solely the republicans who "screwed us over". Both parties had their hands in the pot long before President Bush came around. What separates the two parties is their idea of a solution. One side thinks raising taxes and increasing the control of government is the fix, the other believes lowering taxes and decreasing the size of government will.
Allyson Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Racism didn't end last night? What the FOCK!!@?!@??

Oh, it's only just begun. Just wait until there are a slough of assassination attempts from our white supremacist friends.

Don't say that, I, at work said I was worried about that, and I got called a racist at work, and when I said he's a Democrat, they get shot easier than republicans...I still get looked at weird....I don't notice color, I notice he's a Democrat...Do we forget Kennedy for nothing....
so i was thinking....what's the deal with the Secret Service? Bush got loafers thrown at him, took about 3 seconds total before he got tackled. for Effs sake, that could've been a gun or a pair of steeltoes. so i'm wondering where was the SS guy that jumps in front of the president and takes the bullet? why nobody moved like a hawk when that guy made a sudden movement?

Obama is going to get capped if this is our nations best security.
I don't know, but Pres. Bush can be on my dodgeball team anytime.
sunshyne Wrote:I don't know, but Pres. Bush can be on my dodgeball team anytime.

Damn, you got that shit right!! I was quite impressed!!!
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
That was a Hillarious look on President Bush's face when he seen those shoes whiz by!! Big Grin
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:That was a Hillarious look on President Bush's face when he seen those shoes whiz by!! Big Grin

I could read his mind. He was like, "What the Eff?"
Ok, so it was a little scary for a five minutes. After they had sworn in Biden, but not Obama by 12:00. The thought of that idiot being President sent a ton of shivers down my spine.
I just like that Obama and Biden BOTH screwed up the oaths....I guess technically that IS change.
hotzester Wrote:I just like that Obama and Biden BOTH screwed up the oaths....I guess technically that IS change.

+1 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Was Bill Clinton sleep ing agian? I thought i saw his bobble head bouncing around like he was being kept awake by something.
hotzester Wrote:I just like that Obama and Biden BOTH screwed up the oaths....I guess technically that IS change.

Yeah, that was a little embarrassing. >Sad
Hell no, it was AWESOME!

I thought George W. Bush was supposed to be the inarticulate dumbass. Go figure.
hotzester Wrote:Hell no, it was AWESOME!

I thought George W. Bush was supposed to be the inarticulate dumbass. Go figure.
+1
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
When the INSTRUCTIONS only consist of three words ("Repeat after me")...how do you screw that up???
hotzester Wrote:When the INSTRUCTIONS only consist of three words ("Repeat after me")...how do you screw that up???
They forgot his teleprompter. >Sad
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza