Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HotWings know ESS about cars...
Ok. So this morning Hot Wings went off on his stupid little rant to the big guy that bought a VW beetle....

I'd like to weigh in.

First of all, I agree that no man should be driving a new beetle, but give some good - or at least correct - reasons for it.

A. VW and Porsche no longer have any affiliation. They did back in the days of the Nazi regime when Ferdinand Porsche designed the "people's car" for Hitler. Way to be up to date, Hot Wings.

B. Hot Wings says there are no VW's that are acceptable for men to drive. What about the Passat? I think that's a perfectly acceptable car for a man to drive.

C. Did you forget about the Audi? That's the car that actually IS still affiliated with VW. I'm pretty sure every Audi - maybe sans the A4 cabriolet - is an acceptable "VW" to drive.

D. Hot Wings said that there's NO WAY ANY Beetle could beat a Mustang. I've seen is happen PLENTY of times. Hell, look that kind of stuff up on youtube, and I'm sure you'll find some stuff that will blow your mind! Civics can beat Vettes. Beetles can beat Mustangs.

E. How can you POSSIBLY say that a mini is any more manly that the Beetle? How? Because Hot Wings thought about buying one at one point. If he hadn't, he would've jumped all over that one too.

Hot Wings - not on account of my stupid rant, but - open mouth/ insert foot. Just because you really have a half inch weiner and bought a Vette to make up for the lie about having a first prize Johnson doesn't make you the car expert.

PS. My 1969 VW Karmann Ghia could absolutley RAPE your Vette.

PEACE I'm out.
Quote:On October 26, 2008, Porsche finally revealed its plan to assume control of VW. As of that day, it held 42.6 percent of Volkswagen's ordinary shares and stock options on another 31.5 percent.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen#...gen_Law.22

B. Someone can't be wrong about their opinion.

C.
Quote:The Porsche Cayenne, introduced in 2002, shares its entire chassis with VW Touareg and Audi Q7, which are built at the Volkswagen factory in Bratislava.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen#...gen_Law.22

D. I can't argue this, particularly based on YouTube video evidence. We have no way of knowing if there were creative edits made, or what the specs of the two cars were.

F. Also opinion.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Just because you really have a half inch weiner and bought a Vette to make up for the lie about having a first prize Johnson doesn't make you the car expert.

[Image: Awkward.jpg]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
That wasn't all he was wrong about, huh Plungee!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
hotzester Wrote:
Quote:On October 26, 2008, Porsche finally revealed its plan to assume control of VW. As of that day, it held 42.6 percent of Volkswagen's ordinary shares and stock options on another 31.5 percent.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen#...gen_Law.22

B. Someone can't be wrong about their opinion.

C.
Quote:The Porsche Cayenne, introduced in 2002, shares its entire chassis with VW Touareg and Audi Q7, which are built at the Volkswagen factory in Bratislava.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen#...gen_Law.22

D. I can't argue this, particularly based on YouTube video evidence. We have no way of knowing if there were creative edits made, or what the specs of the two cars were.

F. Also opinion.

Damn! Week old news! (I HATE being out of the loop and wrong about something.)

.... I'm curious as to where I said his opinion was wrong???

There were only two subjects that I mentioned that could be taken as an assumption that I was saying that his opinion was wrong, but I'm pretty sure I covered my bases to show that there was something being overlooked before an educated opinion should be made. You can have an opinion about something, but Hot Wings has the problem of being very passionate about an opinion of his before realizing he is overlooking something. Afterwards, when it's pointed out to him, he tends to back up and act like a little schoolgirl about his recenlty deflated thoughts.

I don't have to look at youtube to know that I've seen VWs beat mustangs, etc. I've seen it in person...many times.

Correct me if I'm wrong again.
Queenie Wrote:That wasn't all he was wrong about, huh Plungee!!

Ooh! Ooh! Add more! I love it!

:o :o :o
I'm really not trying to jump on your posts, honest!

You said he doesn't know ESS about cars...then you posted two bits of opinion in your supporting evidence. That's why I said it's opinion, and irrelevant to the argument.

As for Beetles and Mustangs - I guarantee you that for every video or race in which a Beetle beat a Mustang, there is at least one that shows the opposite outcome. It's moot, because both sides can be equally supported.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:That wasn't all he was wrong about, huh Plungee!!

Ooh! Ooh! Add more! I love it!

DAMMIT...

ok, so it's a V-6. I bought it because it was a convertible and I was tired of trying to park my 23' long GMC in South Garage at Vandy.( one of my daughter's is a frequent patient)

I was going to give it to someone when the new Challenger or Camaro's come out....
hotzester Wrote:I'm really not trying to jump on your posts, honest!

You said he doesn't know ESS about cars...then you posted two bits of opinion in your supporting evidence. That's why I said it's opinion, and irrelevant to the argument.

As for Beetles and Mustangs - I guarantee you that for every video or race in which a Beetle beat a Mustang, there is at least one that shows the opposite outcome. It's moot, because both sides can be equally supported.

I know you're not, but what does my opinion mean if there's not someone to argue with it about? I like it when you jump on my posts, honest injun. 8-)

And you're totally right than nine times out of ten a mustang will beat a beetle. I was mainly trying to point out that beetles can beat 5.0's and not just V6 Mustangs.

On another note: In my opinion, not all V6 Mustangs are girl cars. I've seen some pretty Badass V6 Mustangs. I had a friend that through a bunch of accessories on his V6, and it could smoke a stock GT (yes I know that stock GT is an oxymoron).... Not to mention the glass packs he had on it made it sounds pretty sweet.
jus' P Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Ooh! Ooh! Add more! I love it!

DAMMIT...

ok, so it's a V-6. I bought it because it was a convertible and I was tired of trying to park my 23' long GMC in South Garage at Vandy.( one of my daughter's is a frequent patient)

I was going to give it to someone when the new Challenger or Camaro's come out....

Screw the Challenger! Get the Camaro!
I'm so not a car guy. lol
I guess that one was for Plunger then.
For once I have to disagree with you FFWB. Plungee, get the Challenger!!!
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
landmammaldolphin Wrote:For once I have to disagree with you FFWB. Plungee, get the Challenger!!!

I agree. Just expect problems (the Camaro will probably be in the same boat). I've been to the assembly plant near Toronto. They have been having major issues. And please don't get one of the "1st off the line". I pray for those people.

I got to drive one on the Chrysler test track (sshhhhhhh!!! don't tell anyone). Rides like it's on rails. I would love to get one. Mucho dinero.
yeah, there was a challenger at the car lot down the street from my place and it was friggin awesome! I want one too!
jus' P Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Ooh! Ooh! Add more! I love it!

DAMMIT...

You might want to rethink giving the Mustang to our oldest daughter unless you plan on driving the GMC again. I'll be driving the Challenger.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Ok. So this morning Hot Wings went off on his stupid little rant to the big guy that bought a VW beetle....

I'd like to weigh in.

First of all, I agree that no man should be driving a new beetle, but give some good - or at least correct - reasons for it.

A. VW and Porsche no longer have any affiliation. They did back in the days of the Nazi regime when Ferdinand Porsche designed the "people's car" for Hitler. Way to be up to date, Hot Wings.

B. Hot Wings says there are no VW's that are acceptable for men to drive. What about the Passat? I think that's a perfectly acceptable car for a man to drive.

C. Did you forget about the Audi? That's the car that actually IS still affiliated with VW. I'm pretty sure every Audi - maybe sans the A4 cabriolet - is an acceptable "VW" to drive.

D. Hot Wings said that there's NO WAY ANY Beetle could beat a Mustang. I've seen is happen PLENTY of times. Hell, look that kind of stuff up on youtube, and I'm sure you'll find some stuff that will blow your mind! Civics can beat Vettes. Beetles can beat Mustangs.

E. How can you POSSIBLY say that a mini is any more manly that the Beetle? How? Because Hot Wings thought about buying one at one point. If he hadn't, he would've jumped all over that one too.

Hot Wings - not on account of my stupid rant, but - open mouth/ insert foot. Just because you really have a half inch weiner and bought a Vette to make up for the lie about having a first prize Johnson doesn't make you the car expert.

PEACE I'm out.

Kill yourself!
Queenie Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:DAMMIT...

You might want to rethink giving the Mustang to our oldest daughter unless you plan on driving the GMC again. I'll be driving the Challenger.

Just don't let them get the V-6.
Queenie Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:DAMMIT...

...like you drive now :Smile
landmammaldolphin Wrote:For once I have to disagree with you FFWB. Plungee, get the Challenger!!!

What can I say, I'm a GM guy in and out....

It HURT me to talk about Mustangs in a positive light earlier in this thread. Sad
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:

What can I say, I'm a GM guy in and out....

It HURT me to talk about Mustangs in a positive light earlier in this thread. Sad

Shortly, you may be praising the Challenger. If the merger happens. Actually, I hear GM is only keeping the Hemi and Jeep and axing everything else.
Brian Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Ok. So this morning Hot Wings went off on his stupid little rant to the big guy that bought a VW beetle....

I'd like to weigh in.

PEACE I'm out.

Kill yourself!

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I'll be sure to take this into account when I write my posts now.

Notes to self:
Brian doesn't like my posts.
Brian can't come up with ways to say that he doesn't like my posts.
Brian scores low on IQ tests
Erase previous notes about Brian. He's not worth listening to....at all.
I think a guy can drive a new Beetle if it's black, he puts air shocks in and raises the back end a few inches, puts some mag rims on it, and has raised white letter tires.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Yeah, its only gay if its a powder blue color or some other pastel or has a little fake potted flower on the dashboard.
Admin Wrote:I think a guy can drive a new Beetle if it's black, he puts air shocks in and raises the back end a few inches, puts some mag rims on it, and has raised white letter tires.

baja beetle?

[Image: baja_blue_vw_beetle.jpg]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
airhornahole Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:What can I say, I'm a GM guy in and out....

Shortly, you may be praising the Challenger. If the merger happens. Actually, I hear GM is only keeping the Hemi and Jeep and axing everything else.

it's a grey area really.... mopar guys are mopar guys... and GM guys are GM guys..... I've got no beef with Chrysler, but I'll never like a Chrysler product any where near as much as a GM product.

I WISH they'd make a Chevelle!
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Shortly, you may be praising the Challenger. If the merger happens. Actually, I hear GM is only keeping the Hemi and Jeep and axing everything else.

it's a grey area really.... mopar guys are mopar guys... and GM guys are GM guys..... I've got no beef with Chrysler, but I'll never like a Chrysler product any where near as much as a GM product.

I WISH they'd make a Chevelle!

That would be nice. The camaro is a good start though.
Sounded mostly like he was giving his opinion about what is a manly car and what isn't. Not sure where you can get that he doesn't know jack about cars from that.

I thought he said something about how a certain type of Mustang couldn't be beaten by a Beetle. As I don't know much about cars, I don't have a clue if it's true or not. I'd think you could customize a ton of different cars and they'd be bad-ass.

Besides, it would be outrageously boring if he dropped in a thousand different facts about cars. They've busted his hump before for droning on about cars before.

You're nitpicking too much methinks. Hell, I probably just did myself with disecting your post. Do like Hot Wings didn't do early this morning, roll with the joke/segment.
atlanta Wrote:Sounded mostly like he was giving his opinion about what is a manly car and what isn't. Not sure where you can get that he doesn't know jack about cars from that.

I thought he said something about how a certain type of Mustang couldn't be beaten by a Beetle. As I don't know much about cars, I don't have a clue if it's true or not. I'd think you could customize a ton of different cars and they'd be bad-ass.

Besides, it would be outrageously boring if he dropped in a thousand different facts about cars. They've busted his hump before for droning on about cars before.

You're nitpicking too much methinks. Hell, I probably just did myself with disecting your post. Do like Hot Wings didn't do early this morning, roll with the joke/segment.

+1. Welcome to the board.
I agree with atlanta, but Hotwings has to realize that if you throw out, "a ____ will never beat a ____" you're going to be in trouble and will get slaughtered.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
atlanta Wrote:Sounded mostly like he was giving his opinion about what is a manly car and what isn't. Not sure where you can get that he doesn't know jack about cars from that.

..... I see Hot Wings created a false name and joined the board to post something..... Undecided

messinaround

Maybe you're right and I am nitpicking too much, but I don't really care. Hot Wings is the QUEEN of nitpicking, and when he's wrong about something, I like to disagree with him. I wanted to call in so badly for the first time today, but I had forgotten the # and was stuck in thick traffic.

The reason I titled the thread "Hot Wings knows ESS about cars" is primarily because of the Mustang comment. As far as I remember, he said specifically that there was no way in HELL a Beetle could beat a Mustang unless it was a V6, and that's just absolutely false. To me, if you make a comment that sounds that ignorant while playing expert, you lose credibility and should therefore be called out on it.... also, as far as I can recall, it sounded to me like he WAS throwing car facts out there, and it would have been boring had it been true.

I dunno. Maybe I'm biased because I think Hot Wings is a geek!?

Show wouldn't be the same without him though.
VW makes some good cars. Mustangs are for gay-boys and hair dressers.

I think all 3 of the guys have a way inflated opinion of American cars - probably because they're from Michigan. There's a reason Honda and Toyota have been kicking GM and Fords asses for the past 2 decades. Chrystler was already sold once and GMs on the verdge of bankruptcy. They still make some decent cars, but its like they ignore BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. I know its not a car show, but HW loves cars and when they talk about cars they like, its always the typical American muscle cars or modern revivals of them.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:I wanted to call in so badly for the first time today, but I had forgotten the # and was stuck in thick traffic.

1800-947-3979

1800 wgrd 979

I have 2 phone numbers set up for voice activated dialing

Home, incase i'm injured or my arms are lopped off

GRD, same reason but if i gotta call in for show code before the babmbolance gets there
Ok "fetusfacedwinbag" You didn't like my response to your post when i stated "kill yourself" I can understand, its not very clever or original, but it was the most APPROPRIATE thing i could think of to say to you. I do now have some more insults for your stupid ass though...I see you get a little anal about someone bashing the VW beetle, which tells me you actually get a lot of anal. In any event, if HW's bothers you that much why dont you stop listening and go stick your tiny pecker into you boyfriend's beetle loving ass. EAT IT!!!
See ya in three days Brian.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
stickyfingers Wrote:VW makes some good cars. Mustangs are for gay-boys and hair dressers.

I think all 3 of the guys have a way inflated opinion of American cars - probably because they're from Michigan. There's a reason Honda and Toyota have been kicking GM and Fords asses for the past 2 decades. Chrystler was already sold once and GMs on the verdge of bankruptcy. They still make some decent cars, but its like they ignore BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. I know its not a car show, but HW loves cars and when they talk about cars they like, its always the typical American muscle cars or modern revivals of them.

What if you're a gay-boy hair dresser? Is that like a double negative and a free pass?

They only import the top line of the vehicles you mentioned. I spent 3 years in Europe and have seen dogs in all those models.

What do you drive stick shift?
Brian Wrote:Ok "fetusfacedwinbag" You didn't like my response to your post when i stated "kill yourself" I can understand, its not very clever or original, but it was the most APPROPRIATE thing i could think of to say to you. I do now have some more insults for your stupid ass though...I see you get a little anal about someone bashing the VW beetle, which tells me you actually get a lot of anal. In any event, if HW's bothers you that much why dont you stop listening and go stick your tiny pecker into you boyfriend's beetle loving ass. EAT IT!!!

....Honestly, I think you can do better. I guess that's just a personal opinion though. All you're doing is throwing out generic "you're gay" and "I suck at insulting particular people" insults.

Maybe you could try to give some sort of argument as to why I'm gay or why I should go kill myself. Maybe you could convince me to do so. Right now I'm thinking, "this guy just told me to kill myself...but I don't have a reason to...oh well, I guess I can revel in the idea that I know that I am smarter, get paid more money, have a hotter girlfriend, and am all around just a better person than him....I think I'll live"....

Oh well, you don't have a convincing argument, and you'll never get anywhere in life, so I guess I'll just keep stating my opinion out there. Wink

PS. That wink was for you big boy! hehehe (little gay schoolboy laugh just for you!)
Brian won't be reading any responses anytime soon.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I like to make fun of Hot Wings for being a thin-skinned, smarter than everyone else because he says so douchebag as much as anyone else. He's also wrong on car information a lot as well.

But for this one point I do have to agree with him. Any and all Beetles are gay cars and should only be driven by lesbos and dudes looking to pack some fudge.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:I like to make fun of Hot Wings for being a thin-skinned, smarter than everyone else because he says so douchebag as much as anyone else. He's also wrong on car information a lot as well.

But for this one point I do have to agree with him. Any and all Beetles are gay cars and should only be driven by lesbos and dudes looking to pack some fudge.

I dunno. I've seen some pretty cool old school beetles. I own a VW Karmann Ghia, and I used to drive it to VW car shows. People go crazy at some of these shows. I've seen an old beetle with a big block chevy engine in it and the top chopped down. It looked pretty slick.