Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griffins: The GR-D Zone
Hey just got back from the Griffins stomping the Monsters. I sat directly behind the Griff's penalty box, which is right next to where Eric Zane sits to do the PA for the game.

At one point, a few guys from the D-Zone came over with a sign that said "I slept with Zane's wife" and got Zane's attention by shouting "cookie" and banging on the glass behind him.

Zane ended up showing off his bicep tattoo, and I've gotta say I wouldn't want to get into a fight with Zane, as he's a well put together dude.

All in all a hilarious night, cant' wait til next Friday when I'm going to sit in the D-zone where I can yell and not feel retarded.
I was at the game as well and sat just right of the PA/penalty box area. Before the game started I stuck my head in the door and chanted "Cookie". In good fun Zane, reached down and pulled up a giant chocolate chip cookie and smiled. In defense of the cookie, it was not glistening.
lol I wish I'd been there. Was the place loud as hell? And can you still get tickets to be in the D-Zone?
Let me tell ya, that was a riot last night! I sat right in front of the crew and they we're drinking just as much beer as I was and having a great time. The cookie chant was awesome too, I think we need to do it more.

Also, I knew Zane was short, but I didn't know he was like 5'4". If you didn't seem him last night, look for him next time. Just look for the shortest guy with gray hair in the arena.
That was a blast on Friday night! I had a hell of a headache today.

See everyone on the 21st!
Stretched Spider Wrote:Also, I knew Zane was short, but I didn't know he was like 5'4". If you didn't seem him last night, look for him next time. Just look for the shortest guy with gray hair in the arena.

Did you see Producer Joe? He's a pretty short guy too.

Joe has a very womanly walk as well haha.
My head is killing me today but I had a blast last night. I was sitting right in front of Joe and he looked pretty hammered by the time the game was over.
Hey guys!
Last night i was in the DZONE and it was the best! The cheap beer and dogs were great and the crowd in the dzone was bad ass! the only thing that needed improvement was our cheering. A bunch of us tried to get the wave going but it was met with some resistance.... lets work on coordinating the dzone a little better next time. And keep the cookie chants coming(lets try to get more people in on that)! ....whoever came up with the idea for the Dzone deserves an enormous raise, best f-ing idea ever!!!!!
i think we should work on getting shirts made that have one of the photo shop pics from the forum on it...like Zane as cookie monster or the giant cookie with Zane's face on it....
man $1 Beer, $1 Hot Dog night sounds so appealing. I gotta go out there.
I wish I could have taken advantage of the D-zone ticket package but I work rotating shifts. Tell you what...the fun side of Saint Andel Arena was definately the d-zone end. Hell, they even had the organist down there. The chicks carrying the trays o' beer were not half bad either.
I sat in the in the last row of the lower bowl in the center section behind the benches. Awesome seats. I had my 2 young kids with me so I felt the d-zone would be inappropriate. I was right. I liked the "'C' is for cookie" sign posted on the board and on the big screen. Zane saying "Do not look at the big screen. I repeat. Do not look at the big screen." Plus the Mr. 10 dancing on the big screen. Simply awesome. It looked like the d-zone was rockin'. The guys work their way through the crowd, too. Great job guys.
airhornahole Wrote:I had my 2 young kids with me so I felt the d-zone would be inappropriate.

Smart move!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
This isn't completely relevant to the topic but I was just leaving Van Andel arena(noon Griffins game) today and I passed by Free Beer, Hot Wings and Joe but didn't have the balls to say hi Sad
eatmyvirus Wrote:This isn't completely relevant to the topic but I was just leaving Van Andel arena(noon Griffins game) today and I passed by Free Beer, Hot Wings and Joe but didn't have the balls to say hi Sad

Yelling Kaboobie seems to work.
Maybe it's me, but knowing how often they truncate their swear words, and say things like "Suck a D" or "eat a big bag of D", it's quite hilarious to hear them refer to the D-Zone. Doesn't exactly make me wanna go, even if I lived in the GR area!
Were Freebeer and Hotwings there too?
firestrike87 Wrote:Were Freebeer and Hotwings there too?

Uh...

freebeer Wrote:That was a blast on Friday night! I had a hell of a headache today.

See everyone on the 21st!
I'm just wondering because I got DZone 2.0 tickets, not realizing they were 2.0 and they aren't going to be there. So I'm curious what they do if they are there for the regular DZone games. I fell kinda gypt and I'm just trying to find out what I'm missing out on.
My guess would be that they hang out, drink and eat a lot, and mingle with the fans.
I have an extra ticket to tonights game in the D-Zone if anyone is interested.....I know it's late notice but my wife was supposed to go but her sister-in-law just had a baby. I would hate for the ticket to go to waste....plus I am fun to sit by haha....I will be on here for 30 more minutes (until 5:30) to see if anyone answers this.
Alright im in the D-ZONE right under were Joe, Hot Wings, and Free Beer sit and i wont people to get a little louder i think we can do a little more in good chants like "Producer Joe...Tell me how your Taint looks"....this needs to happen people in the D ZONE need to set up rides so we all can get some more beer in us, looked like they had added a couple more ladies passing out beer...So lets F'ing do this...
dzone Wrote:Alright im in the D-ZONE right under were Joe, Hot Wings, and Free Beer sit and i wont people to get a little louder i think we can do a little more in good chants like "Producer Joe...Tell me how your Taint looks"....this needs to happen people in the D ZONE need to set up rides so we all can get some more beer in us, looked like they had added a couple more ladies passing out beer...So lets F'ing do this...

Zane?
zane is the pa announcer
Wow, free beer's working overtime.
Checking out the message boards on a Sunday.
Now that's dedication.
I got yelled at by some man at the last D-Zone game because I was yelling too much and I swore a few times. He got right in my face and told me he didn't pay to attend the game on "Family Orientation Night" just to hear my mouth and I better shut up. I was pretty saddened because I thought the D-Zone was supposed to be rowdy. I apologized to the man and didn't say a word the rest of the game though a lot of people around me told me I didn't do anything wrong and I was a nice guy for apologizing. It just makes me nervous because I like going crazy at hockey games.
I can see him saying something about the swearing, but so long as the yelling isn't vulger or obscene, I think there's nothing wrong with getting loud at a sporting event.
Hey i want to know who won the Wings tickets...for both games
Not sure if the show mentioned it (haven't listened in a few days) but Chris Chelios is expected to be playing with the Griffs this weekend for conditioning. Expect me there!!
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:Not sure if the show mentioned it (haven't listened in a few days) but Chris Chelios is expected to be playing with the Griffs this weekend for conditioning. Expect me there!!

Yeah he's playing in tonight and tomorrows games, both at the Van Andel arena.