Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Beer?
What is your favorite beer?

If I'm looking for cheap, easy to guzzle, I'll go with Miller Lite.

My choice when it comes to "expensive" beer is Sam Adams Cream Stout.
I'm generic, I like a Corona with lime. Sam Adams also makes one called Hefeweizen that was pretty decent.
Hefeweizen is a style and not the name of a beer sir Tongue

But to answer the original question, i drink Boddingtons Pub Ale like it's water.
Do you get the big cans with the floating widgets?
potthole Wrote:What is your favorite beer?

I love everything Sam Adams makes.

But my beer of choice is Guiness. I prefer it straight from the tap, but if I'm drinking it at home, I like it in the draught cans, I've got a mug that will hold 3 cans, and that is a good way to end the day.

I also love Black Cherries, that's a half guiness and half Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

And... I love Steel Reserve.
Wowie Groovie !
For those who like Guinness and attend Whitecaps games- on the concourse behind home plate, there's a brand new Guinness tap. Best of all, the beer lady has finally learned how to properly pour it.
Guinness is by far my beer of choice. And when in a pinch, Sam Adams the one. Others I'd like to give honorable mention: Newcastle, Bass, Honey Brown and Utica Club.
I'm on the air Sundays 6p-10pm. Listen Live @ Q103Albany.com
If I am going for cheap beer...PBR

If I am looking for a little more expensive, Heineken or Rolling Rock or Honey Brown or Oberon
Spaten?
Yes, Hefeweizen is a style of beer. I'm about as German as it is. But the Hefeweizen I was referencing is made by Sam Adams, so it would've been redundant to say "Sam Adams makes a Hefeweizen that they label as 'Sam Adams Hefeweizen'". But now I've had to go and explain it anyway, so any attempt to be concise has fallen by the wayside.
As far as cheap beer goes PBR is the best
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
potthole Wrote:For those who like Guinness and attend Whitecaps games- on the concourse behind home plate, there's a brand new Guinness tap. Best of all, the beer lady has finally learned how to properly pour it.

That's the best reason I've ever heard to go to a Whitecaps game.

Pouring a Guiness does take a bit more skill than pouring your average beer.

By the way, Flanagan's in GR is the best place to have a Guiness, and Beth is the best person to have pour it for you.
Wowie Groovie !
Derek Wrote:If I am going for cheap beer...PBR

If I am looking for a little more expensive, Heineken or Rolling Rock or Honey Brown or Oberon

Honey Brown as an "expensive" beer ? I love the stuff, but isn't it usually cheap ?
Wowie Groovie !
Love Leinenkugel.... but if I can't afford it then my second choice is Michelob or Miller lite.
One of my favorites is Oberon!! ;D
[Image: Oberon2.jpg]
For those who aren't familiar with it, its from Bells Brewery in Kalamazoo Michigan. They make a bunch of other great beers as well but that's my favorite. It's only released during the summer, usually March - October or when they sell out of what they've brewed. I get excited on Oberon release day and mark it down on my calender. For some reason I don't feel well on that day and have to call in to work!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
My cheap standard is Mic Ultra. My favorite microbrew is probably Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.
toofolkgr Wrote:My cheap standard is Mic Ultra. My favorite microbrew is probably Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.

Vanilla Porter is very tasty.

As far as a cheap beer it's PBR for me, hands down. $14 for a thirty pack? Awesome deal!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
I also realyl liek anyhting from the New Glarus brewing company in wisconsin.

Specifically, spotted cow
http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/
potthole Wrote:What is your favorite beer?

I guess I'm a bit unoriginal, give me a BUD LIGHT and I'm happy, at least that way I know 99.999999999% of the bars I end up going to will have it.

[Image: bud-light.gif]
Domestic: Miller Lite

Import: Beck's
hotzester Wrote:Yes, Hefeweizen is a style of beer. I'm about as German as it is. But the Hefeweizen I was referencing is made by Sam Adams, so it would've been redundant to say "Sam Adams makes a Hefeweizen that they label as 'Sam Adams Hefeweizen'". But now I've had to go and explain it anyway, so any attempt to be concise has fallen by the wayside.

My favorite Hefeweizen is Hoegaarten. When I find a place with it on tap, such as The Curragh in Holland, I make sure to make repeat visits.
lovinlife70 Wrote:Love Leinenkugel.... but if I can't afford it then my second choice is Michelob or Miller lite.

In late winter/early spring they sell a doppelgock style of brew that is very hearty.
potthole Wrote:Do you get the big cans with the floating widgets?

If i can't make it to a bar that has it on tap, hell yes i do.

hotzester Wrote:Yes, Hefeweizen is a style of beer. I'm about as German as it is. But the Hefeweizen I was referencing is made by Sam Adams, so it would've been redundant to say "Sam Adams makes a Hefeweizen that they label as 'Sam Adams Hefeweizen'". But now I've had to go and explain it anyway, so any attempt to be concise has fallen by the wayside.

What about saying "Sam Adam's Hefe". I didn't entirely mean to throw you under the bus (okay i kinda did), but it was more to let the uninformed know that there are others out there, which are all superior. Sam is good, but they should leave Hefe's to the Paulaners, Schneider's, and Insert German Breweries Heres.

Quote:My favorite Hefeweizen is Hoegaarten. When I find a place with it on tap, such as The Curragh in Holland, I make sure to make repeat visits.

Not a Hefe but a belgian wheat...EPIC FAIL! Tongue
You know, as I was making the post, I was thinking back to a Hefe that I had at a local watering hole recently (and this one WAS really a Hefe), and I had second thoughts about Hoegaarten's classification. D'oh.
potthole Wrote:You know, as I was making the post, I was thinking back to a Hefe that I had at a local watering hole recently (and this one WAS really a Hefe), and I had second thoughts about Hoegaarten's classification. D'oh.

I was at that same watering hole a couple days ago for the first time. That place was purely awesome! I was like a kid in a candy store!
Quote of the Day:
potthole Wrote:You know, as I was making the post, I was thinking back to a Hefe that I had at a local watering hole recently (and this one WAS really a Hefe), and I had second thoughts about Hoegaarten's classification. D'oh.

Jesus H F'ing Christ on a Pogostick. That place is awesome.
Wowie Groovie !
dino Wrote:

I was at that same watering hole a couple days ago for the first time. That place was purely awesome! I was like a kid in a candy store!

Hmmmm... Anyone up for a meet up at the 'Cat ?
Wowie Groovie !
Heineken
dino Wrote:I was at that same watering hole a couple days ago for the first time. That place was purely awesome! I was like a kid in a candy store!

I've gone maybe half a dozen times since they opened. I love being able to try something new each and every time I go. Their crack fries are addictive, too.

Titan ! Wrote:Jesus H F'ing Christ on a Pogostick. That place is awesome.

It's fantastic. Seeing as it's nearly always packed out whenever I'm there, I think it's safe to say that many others agree.
potthole Wrote:
dino Wrote:I was at that same watering hole a couple days ago for the first time. That place was purely awesome! I was like a kid in a candy store!

I've gone maybe half a dozen times since they opened. I love being able to try something new each and every time I go. Their crack fries are addictive, too.

Titan ! Wrote:Jesus H F'ing Christ on a Pogostick. That place is awesome.

It's fantastic. Seeing as it's nearly always packed out whenever I'm there, I think it's safe to say that many others agree.

It's usually not too bad during lunch on the week days, I've never not found an empty seat at the bar. But good crows, if you're there after 5pm on a Friday or Saturday, be prepared to sit next to people you don't know. Which of course is part of the charm of the place. Those long bench seats and tables bring people together.

And yeah, there's a reason they call them crack fries.
Wowie Groovie !
I've sat upstairs in the little smoking lounge once before too. That was pretty cool- not quite as loud, some comfy couches.. If there had been more than one or two people smoking, I think the smell would have driven me out, but it wasn't too bad on that specific occasion.
I have recently acquired a taste for beer, thanks to my husband who answered this question with " I like beer flavored beer".

I enjoy a Miller Light or a Corona Light with a lime.
desiree Wrote:I have recently acquired a taste for beer, thanks to my husband who answered this question with " I like beer flavored beer".

I enjoy a Miller Light or a Corona Light with a lime.

so, you enjoy beer flavored soda water then ? Wink
Wowie Groovie !
Not a huge beer fan, but if I have to drink it, miller light.....I'd rather have something harder though.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
Titan ! Wrote:so, you enjoy beer flavored soda water then ? Wink

You beat me to it, im assuming you have seen these before then: http://www.arrogantbastard.com/animated/index.html
I like Paulaner Oktoberfest, Amber Boch and Old Rasputin. Harp Lager is another favorite of mine.
Fat Tire is one of my favorites, unfortunately not available in Nashville or anywhere close. Yazoo Dos Perros and Guinness when I'm at a party or get together, Yuengling for everyday cheap beer.
Black Apple: Guiness and Wood Chuck
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
It's pretty much a toss-up between Bud and Bud Light for me. Though I don't mind drinking any of the other well-known domestic beers. I've never really had a chance to try any expensives beers.
Copper Bowl is good if you're out boarding on the mountain.