Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
102.9 the Buzz - Music During the Show?
When the hell did the Buzz start playing songs during the breaks in the show?

Granted, I know these are the long breaks on the podcasts that we get to hear the Grand Rapids local broadcasts, before the network comes back online, but I personally don't like the change.

Hey Buzz sales-holes....why not bust your asses a bit harder and sell the airtime? Radio's not there to play your favorite songs, but rather to hit a target audience, and if this show's doing great here, that means there's more people listening! Go make some money for the station/show!!!

I'd rather listen to the GRD local broadcast than the crap-ass music the station's been playing.

(Dagwood, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't playing the songs to fill the airtime.)
Yeah what's up with that? When did this start? And what are we missing by getting a song?
Quagmire Wrote:When the hell did the Buzz start playing songs during the breaks in the show?

Granted, I know these are the long breaks on the podcasts that we get to hear the Grand Rapids local broadcasts, before the network comes back online, but I personally don't like the change.

Hey Buzz sales-holes....why not bust your asses a bit harder and sell the airtime? Radio's not there to play your favorite songs, but rather to hit a target audience, and if this show's doing great here, that means there's more people listening! Go make some money for the station/show!!!

I'd rather listen to the GRD local broadcast than the crap-ass music the station's been playing.

(Dagwood, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't playing the songs to fill the airtime.)

It's not to fill airtime. It's for alot of people who wanna hear music, too. There are 20 mins an hour for local content. If we have 3 mins to play a song during the longest break, why not? It's only one an hour (if I can fit it in). You're not missing any of FBHW. It's 3 mins of my talk-time.

We're still feeling it out...but response had been overwhelmingly positive. Giggity!
i was against it at 1st,

but it has started to grow on me Wink
dagwood Wrote:You're not missing any of FBHW. It's 3 mins of my talk-time

Well in that case....MORE MUSIC!!

J/k Dagwood. But if you're going to play a song, play something cool like Disturbed, Metallica, Godsmack.....you know, good stuff.
drunkenmom Wrote:i was against it at 1st,

but it has started to grow on me Wink

I'm still getting used to it, too. I like it.
residentialevil Wrote:
dagwood Wrote:You're not missing any of FBHW. It's 3 mins of my talk-time

Well in that case....MORE MUSIC!!

J/k Dagwood. But if you're going to play a song, play something cool like Disturbed, Metallica, Godsmack.....you know, good stuff.

8-)

I have no control over the songs. You wanna be cool in the mornings with music. Don't smack someone in the face with Slipknot. Although, that would be fun! Tongue
I think it's great. I'd MUCH rather hear music than commercials. It keeps me from switching stations over to (Dare I say on this board)... Bob and Tom!
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:I think it's great. I'd MUCH rather hear music than commercials. It keeps me from switching stations over to (Dare I say on this board)... Bob and Tom!

No you Dare not -1
dagwood Wrote:
residentialevil Wrote:Well in that case....MORE MUSIC!!

8-)

I have no control over the songs. You wanna be cool in the mornings with music. Don't smack someone in the face with Slipknot. Although, that would be fun! Tongue

You could always do some low key Pantera...???

It would be a tribute to Dime... Undecided
jus' P Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:I think it's great. I'd MUCH rather hear music than commercials. It keeps me from switching stations over to (Dare I say on this board)... Bob and Tom!

No you Dare not -1

It hurts to do it, but I'd rather catch one of their comedians every once and a while than hear Tom Shane....
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
dagwood Wrote:8-)

You could always do some low key Pantera...???

It would be a tribute to Dime... Undecided

I don't think we play a low-key Pantera. :-X

I saw them with White Zombie and Eyehategod at Starwood years ago. That and AC/DC at MTSU were the two loudest shows I've ever seen.
Cemetary Gates is "low key" Smile
I think it's awesome as well!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Cemetary Gates is "low key" Smile

I have to be able to fit in in a break. It's about 7 minutes long. Sad
Beck - Loser . . . great song!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
dagwood Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Cemetary Gates is "low key" Smile

I have to be able to fit in in a break. It's about 7 minutes long. Sad

Good Point.... We'll just stick with F--king Hostile. That one is pretty low key.... Wink
dagwood Wrote:It's not to fill airtime. It's for alot of people who wanna hear music, too. There are 20 mins an hour for local content. If we have 3 mins to play a song during the longest break, why not? It's only one an hour (if I can fit it in). You're not missing any of FBHW. It's 3 mins of my talk-time.

We're still feeling it out...but response had been overwhelmingly positive. Giggity!
Bah. If I wanted to hear music in the morning, I'd go listen to Redneck & Billy or one of B&T's oh-so-hilarious songs.

Actually, I can almost deal with it...just get better music, please! While your demographic maybe mostly folks in their early 20's, there's plenty of us in our 30's listening in too.
Quagmire Wrote:
dagwood Wrote:It's not to fill airtime. It's for alot of people who wanna hear music, too. There are 20 mins an hour for local content. If we have 3 mins to play a song during the longest break, why not? It's only one an hour (if I can fit it in). You're not missing any of FBHW. It's 3 mins of my talk-time.

Bah. If I wanted to hear music in the morning, I'd go listen to Redneck & Billy or one of B&T's oh-so-hilarious songs.

Actually, I can almost deal with it...just get better music, please! While your demographic maybe mostly folks in their early 20's, there's plenty of us in our 30's listening in too.

Oh no! None of that mumbo jumbo! 102.9 is already "classic rock"-ed up! I say there's too much 80's and 90's music. I mean it's good stuff, but 105.9, 97.1 and even 96.3 already have enough classic rock.

In the words of the great Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World), let's "get with the now"!
A little music is no big deal.
I want to know who heard the retarded local intros to the show and said, "That's good, let's play that."

I can stand music and even commercials but those intros are irritating enough to buy the podcast.
Quagmire Wrote:

I listen in the morning for the FB & HW and Dagwood's voice. Hate the music, as it is not pleasing.
Are there no good chick rock groups out? This station never plays girl rock. I want to hear a good chick rocker sing so i can learn the song and sing it at Karaoke. Hmmmm.... maybe I'll start a rock band, better go practice on my Wii
Paramore. Great band from Franklin, TN

Flyleaf - another good chick band.

Evanesence(*sp)

There're plenty more, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.
I do like Evenesence, but they rarely, play them or any others mentioned on the station. I'm about tired of hearing the same old stuff. Thank god for Ipods.
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Paramore. Great band from Franklin, TN

Evanesence(*sp)

There're plenty more, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Meg and Dia. they have their period on stage.
Jo Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Paramore. Great band from Franklin, TN

Evanesence(*sp)

Meg and Dia. they have their period on stage.

.....wow..... that is just wretched... Sad
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
Jo Wrote:Meg and Dia. they have their period on stage.

.....wow..... that is just wretched... Sad

too obscure of a show reference i guess...
I got it.
Tegan and Sarah.
WHAT UP
Mark the Valet Wrote:I got it.
Tegan and Sarah.
WHAT UP

today i'm failing left and right.
It's not just today
Jo Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:.....wow..... that is just wretched... Sad

too obscure of a show reference i guess...

Guess I missed it.... Undecided