Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL 08-09 season
so far my loco team the wild are off to a good start. even with missing a few key players.
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
You guys blanked my team tonight.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?navid=NAV|STN|Main

i'm following buffalo
How about them sharks? 10-0-1 at home. Looks lke they might be tough this year.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:How about them sharks? 10-0-1 at home. Looks lke they might be tough this year.
they have signed old farts roenick and blake, and i'm surprised how well it's working out. not many guys that old can find spots and be productive as well as they have, especially with the recent changes to make the game more about speed.

i really like roenick. he's fricken funny. i hope he goes into broadcasting when he's done playing.
What is your feelings on Sean Avery? Personally I like him. Talented player, and knows how to piss off the other team. (I may just like him b/c I was a fan when he played here in GR for a while.)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Old farts get the job done. Look at the Red Wings, one of the best teams in the league for the last 20 years and no sign of letting up. They're on the longest playoff streak out of any team in any sport in history. They've thrived on having older players play for them. You have to understand that even though players are old and they may not be as good on the ice as they once were, they're invaluable in the locker room. Those guys teach the young guys the game and teach them how to overcome tough losses. Why do you think Zetterberg and Datsyuk are so good at a young age? They've played with old guys like Yzerman, Chelios, Lidstrom, Draper, Maltby, McCartey, etc.
Speaking of hockey, I find it hilarious that the show talks about hockey during nearly every 10 am segment. Sure it's a great sport but I think there is a part of them that is sticking it to the people who bitched about it.

That said, I am finding myself watching hockey more this year than in years past.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Speaking of hockey, I find it hilarious that the show talks about hockey during nearly every 10 am segment. Sure it's a great sport but I think there is a part of them that is sticking it to the people who bitched about it.

That said, I am finding myself watching hockey more this year than in years past.

That's funny, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I don't get to hear the "hockey talk" from the guys (because somebody hasn't figured out the podcast yet). But just from the talk and bitching on the board, I have found myself thinking about watching more of it this year and actually have already tried to win Predators tickets off the Buzz.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
All Star voting:

http://en.fanballoting.nhl.com/
It makes sense that they talk about hockey quite a bit on the 16th nowadays because the Griffins are the biggest pro sports team in the Grand Rapids area and they are doing quite well currently.

That said, my team(wings) are really not living up to their projected potential and it greatly annoys me. They're currently doing well because of individual players, not because of the team playing well as a whole.
Quote:What is your feelings on Sean Avery? Personally I like him. Talented player, and knows how to piss off the other team. (I may just like him b/c I was a fan when he played here in GR for a while.)

He is bush league. He should show a little respect for himself and be a professional. That crap against the Devils last year was embarrassing. Save it for the XHL.
Rock Monster Wrote:All Star voting:

I swear to god they should have a NHL IQ test prior to letting people vote for all stars. Christ I mean, if Mario Lemieux or Pavel Bure were on the list I bet you they'd get voted in.
zetsyuk Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:All Star voting:

I swear to god they should have a NHL IQ test prior to letting people vote for all stars. Christ I mean, if Mario Lemieux or Pavel Bure were on the list I bet you they'd get voted in.

That's the way it always is with fan voting. I think they should leave it to the players, coaches, and maybe some sportswriters.

BTW, did you see someone figured out how to cheat, and give all Montreal players a bunch of votes?
Example:
Montreal Goalie Carey Price: 219355 votes
2nd place, Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury 50263 votes
The Red Wings are going to repeat because last year they had the best team in the NHL and this year they have an even better team.

End of discussion.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:End of discussion.
don't do that.

Rock Monster Wrote:
zetsyuk Wrote:I swear to god they should have a NHL IQ test prior to letting people vote for all stars. Christ I mean, if Mario Lemieux or Pavel Bure were on the list I bet you they'd get voted in.

That's the way it always is with fan voting. I think they should leave it to the players, coaches, and maybe some sportswriters.

BTW, did you see someone figured out how to cheat, and give all Montreal players a bunch of votes?
Example:
Montreal Goalie Carey Price: 219355 votes
2nd place, Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury 50263 votes

the numbers do say price is better than fleury so far this year, but barely. i agree that 4x the votes is excessive. maybe montreal fans are just really rabid and quick to get their votes in?
Habs fans are cheating:

[Image: habsvoting.jpg]
How is Tim Thomas (Bruins Goalie) Losing so badly? He's tops in the NHL in save percentage!

and goals against avg...
T-shirt sale at HockeyOverstock.com:

http://www.hockeyoverstock.com/nhltfor3.html

Enter coupon code SHIRT1103 and each shirt is $3.75. I bought 6 Coyotes shirts for $27.50 and shipping was $10 more.

Today only
i like how the all-star break was more about goofy fun last year. like the shootout where the goal wasn't to score, but to just be the most entertaining. it was funny how for a while, nobody was getting it, then someone (i can't remember who... rick dipietro?) said, "ok, this time, i want you to light yourself on fire, then shoot." so many of those guys are really funny, and it's great when they get to show that side of themselves.

and the overstock site is cool, but it looks like the shirts are outdated. i can only find one sabres shirt, and it's the red and black logo. still worth checking out, though.
The skills competition last year was good. I loved listening to Manny Legace while he was making saves. Some of the hockey players are really funny. Kris Draper gives people whip cream pies in the face on their birthdays. I think last year he even got Mike Babcock on his birthday. I also saw a video of Chris Osgood giving people high fives after a game and then getting cup checked by another guy.