Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dream ticket
My hope is that in 2012 1 person from each of the parties will run together on a ticket - a Rep. pres/Dem. VP or vice versa. if they did it right everyone would vote for them since we are all sick of the 2 party BS that gives us no real option... so who would your dream co-ticket include? John Kerry? Arnold Schwarzenegger? Hillary clinton & Sarah Palin?
Ok first of all I'm not sure this thread belongs here, and second Arnold can't run for office as he was not born in the U.S.
That's what she said.
Bear in mind that the process USED to end up with a split ticket (with the most votes winning the Presidency, and second most votes earning the VP slot). In 1864, Republican Abraham Lincoln ran with Democrat Andrew Johnson, and by most accounts it was a DISASTER.

If either side wants to have any sort of legacy of victory, they need to find their position and stick to it. Democrats flip flop on many issues, and one of the main reasons John McCain lost is because he tried to appease both sides. Among Conservatives, McCain is far too liberal. I think the Sarah Palin pick was an attempt to appear more conservative than he truly is, and we all see how that ended.

If the Republicans want any chance in 2012, they need to decide whether they want to be appeasers to the moderates and liberals, or if they want to stay true to the Conservative principles that have provided them with so much success in the past. As Rush says, "Where Conservatism is on the ballot, it wins." We need look no further than Prop 8 in California. Who would've thought this would work in CALIFORNIA??

All that said - I hoped my dream ticket was going to come to fruition this year, but it didn't. Giuliani/Romney (in either order).
I would have loved to see Giuliani in the White House.
That's what she said.
hotzester Wrote:I think the Sarah Palin pick was an attempt to appear more conservative than he truly is, and we all see how that ended.
i honestly think if barack obama wasn't a minority, her name wouldn't have come up at all as a vp possibility.

i don't have a dream ticket. i haven't voted and don't plan to.
I'd like to see Mike Huckabee at the top of the ticket. If I had to pick a democrat for a VP, I'd love to see Al Gore going for his 3rd term as a Vice President. It would be hilarious.