Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the last movie you watched
Just watched the Back to the Future trilogy over the last few days again.

Say what you will about it showing its age, but I still absolutely love these movies.

I seriously hope they never get remade as a remake will just ruin it for me.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
potthole Wrote:
tibbs81 Wrote:
potthole Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Later this week Flight of the Navigator should be coming in on Netflix. Hello nostalgia!

Finally got around to watching this. I was pretty surprised that in a PG rated Disney movie I heard a "God damn" and two "shits".

Thanks for the info, I checked for this movie about a month ago and was disappointed it wasn't there.

What?

Thanks for the info about swears in an old Disney movie, because you weren't able to find it somewhere about a month ago?

What's up with your posts? Many of them make little sense.

You're right, I shouldn't have included your second post. I was talking about the movie on Netflix, not the swears.
Amateur Anti Spite Board Enthusiast
17 again

If you liked "Click" you'll like this movie. Very predictable in some parts but still amusing enough to overlook that.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Biff has a NARB for Zac Effron.
Mark the Valet Wrote:Biff has a NARB for Zac Effron.

Heh heh, yeah. You have a total NARB for that dork. I wouldn't be caught dead watching that movie. Confusedhifty:
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I watched 7 pounds with Will Smith.

Good Movie.

I don't think I even know who that is.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Watched This is Spinal Tap on Friday night. Very funny movie.
Vantage Point - pretty good.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Watched Walking Tall (the version with The Rock) cause it was on T.V.

Johnny Knoxville is awesome in that movie.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
I watched the entire Planet Earth series. The scenes, camera shots, and time-lapsed photography were amazing. The behind the scenes/making of parts were interesting and sometimes comical. The dramatic music change and threatening commentary whenever predators appeared on the scene was a bit rediculous as was the guilt trip for "human-caused" global warming causing the death of polar bears, but over all the pros outweighed the cons.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Torque Wrote:I watched the entire Planet Earth series. The scenes, camera shots, and time-lapsed photography were amazing. The behind the scenes/making of parts were interesting and sometimes comical. The dramatic music change and threatening commentary whenever predators appeared on the scene was a bit rediculous as was the guilt trip for "human-caused" global warming causing the death of polar bears, but over all the pros outweighed the cons.

Excellent show!! I can't believe the time it took to capture those shots! My girls are looking forward to seeing the Disney picture, Earth. That looks like it's going to be another good one. :thumbup:
Terminator 3

Definitely the worst of the 3, but decided to watch them in order in preparation for the Christian Bale version coming out in May....

[drop]Welll, good for you!!![/drop]
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
-Jiggy- Wrote:Vantage Point - pretty good.

I think my expectations were a little too high for me with this film. I was really amped up for it based off of the previews I had seen, and felt a little let down.

It was far from bad, but after awhile I began to tire of the way in which the story was told.
potthole Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:Vantage Point - pretty good.

I think my expectations were a little too high for me with this film. I was really amped up for it based off of the previews I had seen, and felt a little let down.

It was far from bad, but after awhile I began to tire of the way in which the story was told.

Yeah, I could see that.

I've stopped having any kind of expectations for most movies and I am enjoying them much better. Maybe that's why I actually enjoyed Night at the Museum too.
crank 2

not as good as the first imo, real stoopid ending
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
Run Fatboy Run, it was Ok
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Enemy at the Gates...ok, I didn't just watch it...but, it was a great war movie set in WWII during the seige of Stalingrad. Ed Harris, Jude Law and I can't remember who else.

If you liked Priv Ryan or Band of Brothers, it's a must see.
Watched The Simpson's movie last nite.
What? I didn't do it.
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. What a fucked up movie. That is just not right.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Helvetica.

One would think that a documentary about a font would be dull, but I found it really interesting, inspiring, even. To see perspectives about how something as simple as a font can direct the mood in print was very interesting.

On a side note, when I rate a movie I get from Netflix that rating shows up on my Facebook page. My ass of a brother, who also happens to be one of the most stuck up Mac snobs I've ever encountered, noticed that I gave this movie a good rating immediately started giving me shit about how I can't like the movie because I'm a PC user, and the font is only on Macs.
Wolverine - :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: (five thumbs up)

They changed around the very beginning from the comics. I was a little dissapointed by that but I quickly forgot about it and was taken in by the movie. I'd say next to Ironman it is my next favorite Marvel movie.
Role Models on Pay per view. I'm on the 2nd view, heading to the 3rd. Simply one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time, and definetly worth a buy.
Wowie Groovie !
My Dog Skip. It's good. Not a sad movie but I started to tear/choke up at the end. Fricken movie. Want to see Role Models soon, glad to see the good review.
The 'Burbs
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:The 'Burbs
a classic!
yah i loved 'the 'burbs' as a kid and saw it on HBO or Cinemax and had to record it. I'll be making sure the wife doesn't delete it too.

After it was all done I couldn't help but note some similarities between the 'burbs and Monsterhouse..
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:The 'Burbs

Time to switch to Sanka!

Tom Hanks has been gold for his whole career.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.

That would be an ARB, not a NARB
Wowie Groovie !
X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was OK. Not great, but not bad.
potthole Wrote:Watched This is Spinal Tap on Friday night. Very funny movie.

I watched Rock Star last night, and I kept thinking, this is like Spinal Tap, only like 50% less funny

Currently I'm watching the Director's cut of Troy, with 30 minutes extra homo-eroticism !
Wowie Groovie !
Here's a link to The Onion News Network's review of the new Star Trek movie that was mentioned on the show today

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theonion.com/content/video/t ... _trek_film</a><!-- m -->
Wowie Groovie !
monsters VS. aliens... had low expectations, the movie wasn't too bad though. had some funny moments, seemed like a lot of jokes only adults would get, but a lot of physical humor to keep the attention of the kids.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Found good old "Ghost & The Darkness" last night. Great movie to watch before bed. I still like lions though.

Tonight, Star Trek with my Dad.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
-Jiggy- Wrote:The Santa Clause. My wife loved it as a kid and wanted it when we were at Best Buy over the weekend.

The Santa Clause blew....Bad Santa is where it's at.
The next day my alarm goes off and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS
Open my window and a breeze rolls in and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS
When Bruce Willis was dead at the end of sixth sense I JIZZED IN MY PANTS
i saw Star Trek earlier today, meh. Sylar looked hot, Harold looked out of place without Kumar, and the bad guy reminded me of the bad guy from The Mummy.
Tropic Thunder.

LOVED it. I think I got extra laughs from it because I've seen most of those Vietnam movies. The movie also made me like Tom Cruise somewhat- he was really funny.
Finally did the rounds with the Oscar contenders. Watched Benjamin Button, Doubt and Slumdog. All great, Doubt didn't get the attention it deserved.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
Star Trek....AWESOME
What? I didn't do it.
The Incredible Hulk (2008) - It sucked