Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving plans
Just wondering what everyone has planed. Do you cook? Travel? Any good stories, scandals or food fights?
I like to cook, so I try to get new recipe's to try each year. Tried a new dressing last year, Delicious. The in-laws are coming over this year. i'm excited.
airhornahole Wrote:I like to cook, so I try to get new recipe's to try each year. Tried a new dressing last year, Delicious. The in-laws are coming over this year. i'm excited.

I'm volunteering myself and family to hand out free food at the firestation. The department has been doing it for about three years and it's my second. Instead of my family fighting with my wife's family about who gets to see us for the holidays we're spending time with my other family...

the Fire Department
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:I like to cook, so I try to get new recipe's to try each year. Tried a new dressing last year, Delicious. The in-laws are coming over this year. i'm excited.

I'm volunteering myself and family to hand out free food at the firestation. The department has been doing it for about three years and it's my second. Instead of my family fighting with my wife's family about who gets to see us for the holidays we're spending time with my other family...

the Fire Department

That's awesome. Volunteering is great. I love helping others out.

I was hoping to have the holiday without visitors (son's having surgery just before), but no, the mother-in-law invited herself over. Gotta love it.
airhornahole Wrote:That's awesome. Volunteering is great. I love helping others out.

We offer the free food (donations welcome ofcourse) to anyone. Needy, lonely, or just wanting to get out. If anyone in the Kalamazoo area wants a free meal and hang out with c/hunky firemen let me know and I can give you directions.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Actually, I'm trying to figure out how to "downsize" all my recipes. For the last 20 years, we have had at least 16-20 people here. This year, it's just me, hubby, daughter and BIL. At least the cooking will be easy!!! LOL!
chlietoris63 Wrote:Actually, I'm trying to figure out how to "downsize" all my recipes. For the last 20 years, we have had at least 16-20 people here. This year, it's just me, hubby, daughter and BIL. At least the cooking will be easy!!! LOL!

The math shouldn't be too hard to figure out... There was 16, now only 4. If a recipe calls for 4 eggs, now you only put one... Wink
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Thanksgiving is hands-down my favorite holiday. We always get together with my father's family, there are about 25 of us between aunts, uncles, and cousins.

I'd like to spend the day with my boyfriend also but his mother won't let him since we aren't married. But I can understand that, it's not like he's 26 and it's not like we live together or anything. Whatev.
That's what she said.
I usually cook, but this year we don't know what's going on with my wife going into labor (and by "don't know what's going on" I mean "don't know if she's EVER going to have this baby") so everything is kinda up in the air at this point.
Allyson Wrote:Thanksgiving is hands-down my favorite holiday. We always get together with my father's family, there are about 25 of us between aunts, uncles, and cousins.

I read this and I think that the "good looking" gene must run rampant in your family. I picture a serene dinner where everyone is well dressed and the discussion flows as does the wine.

Then I remember you're from Jersey and the picture in my brain turns to the dinner in "Saturday Night Fever" complete with white wife beaters and thick New Jersey accents proudly proclaiming "Hey Yo, where's da gad damm sweet pataters huh?".
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Thanksgiving is hands-down my favorite holiday. We always get together with my father's family, there are about 25 of us between aunts, uncles, and cousins.

I read this and I think that the "good looking" gene must run rampant in your family. I picture a serene dinner where everyone is well dressed and the discussion flows as does the wine.

Then I remember you're from Jersey and the picture in my brain turns to the dinner in "Saturday Night Fever" complete with white wife beaters and thick New Jersey accents proudly proclaiming "Hey Yo, where's da gad damm sweet pataters huh?".

this is fun!

"Yo Nicky, would you hand Nikki the Fackin' mac 'n' cheese already. Haah?"
Going down to see the inlaws. I seem to get sick the previous two years we've gone down for the holiday, so I expect this year will be much the same.
Admin Wrote:I read this and I think that the "good looking" gene must run rampant in your family. I picture a serene dinner where everyone is well dressed and the discussion flows as does the wine.

this is fun!

Haha! More like the appearance of the first with the sound of the second.
That's what she said.
Admin Wrote:I read this and I think that the "good looking" gene must run rampant in your family. I picture a serene dinner where everyone is well dressed and the discussion flows as does the wine.

this is fun!

Where's da effin' stuffin'??? Hey....quit hoggin da stuffin' over der...I'm stavin' aaaight!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:this is fun!

Where's da effin' stuffin'??? Hey....quit hoggin da stuffin' over der...I'm stavin' aaaight!

Eyy, who do you tink you aah tawkin to me like dat. I oughtta give you a smack.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:
dino Wrote:Where's da effin' stuffin'??? Hey....quit hoggin da stuffin' over der...I'm stavin' aaaight!

Eyy, who do you tink you aah tawkin to me like dat. I oughtta give you a smack.

Hey Ma, MaaAAAA! who da fahk is sayin grace already?
Allyson Wrote:Haha! More like the appearance of the first with the sound of the second.

No suspenders, male areolas visible through white shirts, and body hair in full public view anywhere the way too tight wife beaters don't cover?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Haha! More like the appearance of the first with the sound of the second.

No suspenders, male areolas visible through white shirts, and body hair in full public view anywhere the way too tight wife beaters don't cover?

Why do I think the sweet aroma of the turkey and stuffing cooking will be overwhelmed by the scent of AXE body Spray?
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:Why do I think the sweet aroma of the turkey and stuffing cooking will be overwhelmed by the scent of AXE body Spray?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ5x-ECGnkY
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
dino Wrote:Why do I think the sweet aroma of the turkey and stuffing cooking will be overwhelmed by the scent of AXE body Spray?

Awesome!

+1
My husband and I are going on a cruise with my folks and my sister and her boyfriend. No one has to cook or clean up, and if my sister or mom starts to act like a bitch, my husband can push them overboard. Smile
My holidays were a lot better when my grandmother was alive. Sad <~~~~ frowny face Dino.
sunshyne Wrote:. Sad <~~~~ frowny face Dino.

never stop....really it's awesome Big Grin
sunshyne Wrote:My holidays were a lot better when my grandmother was alive. Sad <~~~~ frowny face Dino.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad you weren't flipping off your holiday's w/o grandma.
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:
Admin Wrote:No suspenders, male areolas visible through white shirts, and body hair in full public view anywhere the way too tight wife beaters don't cover?

Why do I think the sweet aroma of the turkey and stuffing cooking will be overwhelmed by the scent of AXE body Spray?

++1
sunshyne Wrote:. Sad <~~~~ frowny face Dino.

never stop....really it's awesome Big Grin

don't be a jerk
sunshyne Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:never stop....really it's awesome Big Grin

don't be a jerk

impossible.
sunshyne Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:never stop....really it's awesome Big Grin

don't be a jerk

Yeah! That's my job!
The night before thanksgiving:
go out with a bunch of old friends, reminisce, laugh, get intoxicated.

Thanksgiving:
wake up at 11, hungover. throw together green bean casserole, go to grandmother's and have dinner with the family (can't wait!), fall asleep on the couch while watching the Titans stomp the Lions. thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
I will be having dinner with my mother's side of the family, as per usual....about 145 this year...not quite the 189 of two years ago, but still good times. Anyone who doesn't have a thing to do in the GR area, my family has an open invite policy.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
nice job guys!! I usually go to my mom's side as well where it turns into a bitch fest but this year I'm heading to the in-laws for dinner. I don't cook. Hate it. Reading some of these posts takes me back to the good old days when we went to NJ to celebrate with my dads side. Nothing like a loud Italian Thanksgiving!!
vsangelchick Wrote:I will be having dinner with my mother's side of the family, as per usual....about 145 this year...not quite the 189 of two years ago, but still good times. Anyone who doesn't have a thing to do in the GR area, my family has an open invite policy.

Do you guys rent a hall or something?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
My in-laws used to attend the Lions' games every Thanksgiving so they always had their celebration on Sunday. Luckily for us, they still have Thanksgiving on Sunday so we don't have to play the "which family this year" game. We go to my folks on Thanksgiving where the 5 of us will have a Thanksgiving feast and then on Sunday we will go to my wife's folks and have another Thanksgiving feast. Oh and I'll sneak out deer hunting at certain times on both days.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
every year we go to our home in Waco, Texas and spend Thanksgiving there with like 20+ family members i'd never otherwise see or know about. it's always a big event and ends with my dad and uncle proving their macho-ness in a family football game in the yard againest eachother. last year, my dad went in for the tackle(tag and touch is for girly men apparently)and ended up bear hugging my cousin into the ground like some crazy backyard wrestling maneuver and busted one of his ribs. good times.
Jo Wrote:every year we go to our home in Waco, Texas and spend Thanksgiving there with like 20+ family members i'd never otherwise see or know about. it's always a big event and ends with my dad and uncle proving their macho-ness in a family football game in the yard againest eachother. last year, my dad went in for the tackle(tag and touch is for girly men apparently)and ended up bear hugging my cousin into the ground like some crazy backyard wrestling maneuver and busted one of his ribs. good times.

So Janet Reno didn't kill them all afterall....
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:So Janet Reno didn't kill them all afterall....

i don't get it.
Jo Wrote:
Admin Wrote:So Janet Reno didn't kill them all afterall....

i don't get it.

Of course my dear *pats head lovingly*
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Jo Wrote:i don't get it.

Of course my dear *pats head lovingly*

somebody explain it. now.

do what i say cause i said it.
Jo Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Of course my dear *pats head lovingly*

somebody explain it. now.

do what i say cause i said it.

You go to Waco every year, and don't know what he's talking about? Seriously?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Going with my wife and kids to the Lions' game this year. Otherwise we usually have brunch with one side of the family and dinner with the other.