Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you change in sports?
The problem with that is there aren't enough larger cities in Canada to support an NHL Team. Halifax, Quebec City, and Winnepeg are really the only cities in Canada that don't already have a team that could get one. Halifax is pushing it too seeing as how it's really not that big. A little over 500,000 in the metro area. Not much bigger than Grand Rapids and we're not big enough for an NHL team.
I would move the original 6 into one division and cut the NHL down to 24 teams, to get rid of some of the dead weight. Lose the instigator penalty and allow guys to police themselves again. There are far too many checking from behind and stick swinging incidents these days and allowing the big boys too police it will help. Also game misconuct should you fail to remove your helmet during a fight, and get rid of the stupid f'ing shootout.
I was with you until the Shootout. I like the shootout. It eliminates the tie and it's some of the most exciting times in Hockey. It's awesome to watch these guys go out there and show off how much skill they really have.
He problem is hockey is a team sport not a one on one game. I saw on another board someone suggest alternating power plays, like overtime in college football. Each team would getone 5-4, and then 5-3 until someone wins. At least the actual game is being played. I like penalty shots when they come about because of actual action on the ice. Hell you can put each teams policeman out there and let them go at it. It's no less of the game than a penalty shot. The wings would get smoked most of the time, but it would give Downey a call up.
dolph Wrote:I would move the original 6 into one division and cut the NHL down to 24 teams, to get rid of some of the dead weight. Lose the instigator penalty and allow guys to police themselves again. There are far too many checking from behind and stick swinging incidents these days and allowing the big boys too police it will help. Also game misconuct should you fail to remove your helmet during a fight, and get rid of the stupid f'ing shootout.
cuppie Wrote:I was with you until the Shootout. I like the shootout. It eliminates the tie and it's some of the most exciting times in Hockey. It's awesome to watch these guys go out there and show off how much skill they really have.

Agreed. I like everything dolph said except about the shootout. I like it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
the home field advantage in the world series goes to team with best record, no gee dee ties in nfl games, and replace that dork Bud Selig
cashen78 Wrote:the home field advantage in the world series goes to team with best record, no gee dee ties in nfl games, and replace that dork Bud Selig

Your first post is perfect. Welcome aboard and here's an exalt.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Well it's only downhill now for Cashen. No one can keep up the perfect post to karma ratio.
The Professor Wrote:I think theres gotta be a salary cap in baseball. Im sick of seeing the Brewers lose out on big name free agents because they cant compete with the Cubs or other big market teams. The Brewers will automatically lose out on CC Sabathia because they Yankees can pay him double than what the Brewers could

Here's another one for you:

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showt...hp?t=67918

Very interesting read.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Hockey -

Make a designated area that the goalies are "safe" and you treat them like they do now... you can't touch them. If they leave this area, they are just another skater, and free to check.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Hockey used to be that way. If the goalie left the crease they were fair game. This was pre-lockout. However, back then if you hit the goalie you'd get a severe beat down by the rest of the team.
1-Lower Salaries...if a athlete makes more $$$ then the president then somthing is wrong
2-MLB- Id Pretty Much Destroy the Yankees
3-NFL-Get rid of John Madden, after all these years hes getting really annoying
4- Actully make tickets affordable....im a giant phillies nd sixers fan but im poor soo i cant afford tickets unless i sit all the way at the top of the damn stadium. Common folks should be able to afford decent mid-lvl seats without blowing the bank
5- Lower the damn food costs. 8 dollars for a freakin hot dog??? crazy freakin people
This may have already been said, but somehow limit the fan voting in all star games. This past weekend in the NHL is a great example. The starters only represented 4 teams (before injury replacements) These teams were Montreal (7th overall in the league), Chicago (10th overall), Anaheim (16th), and Pittsburgh (18th). I know it's supposed to be who "the fans" want to see, but it always ends up who can figure out a way to beat the system to get their team the votes. Ovechkin wasn't one of the starters, even though he is seen by most as a top player in the league. The same with Lidstrom. Tim Thomas has been one of the better (if not the best) keepers in the first half. Last I saw, he had less than 100,000 votes. Price (Montreal's keeper) had over 1,000,000. (I think)

Maybe the cure would be for the fans to vote, and the leading vote getter at each position gets to start - 1 forward, 1 Defense, and the Keeper.

I don't know how to fix it, I just think it's wrong.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
RM is on to something here. I think the fan votes should account for 50% of the voting and the other 50% goes to Coaches, GMs, and sports writers/analysts.