Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians & politics - touchy subject
not that everyone in the world is a christian.... but how do people feel about how these two prominent christians react to the Election

http://focusfamaction.edgeboss.net/downl...letter.pdf

http://www.sojo.net/blog/godspolitics/?p=3283
Idiotic. I got two paragraphs into the letter and shut the window. I don't like Obama's politics, I worry about the radical influence of his wife, and I fear a Democrat controlled Congress running around unfettered but couldn't this letter have waited a couple of years to find out what is really going to happen? The man is still 2 months away from taking office.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I didn't bother to open either one because after 2 years of being around self-proclaimed (and by proclaimed I mean it's the adjective they use to define their existence and told me every time they answered a question by starting with "I'm a Christian" at which point I walked away) Christians, I tend to shy away from worrying about the "Christian Perspective" on things. I figure that I will fight intolerance with intolerance and while it may be hypocritical, I don't have to worry because I put a fat down payment on a condo in hell years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Christianity, just the zealots.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I read the first one. Honestly when the far-right goes into this "blah blah liberal, blah blah queers" ranting, I cease paying attention. No one has been able to demonstrate to me any negative social consequence of gay marriage. The only objection anyone has ever come up with is religious. I don't believe the religious taboos should be forced upon the general population.

If the Boy Scouts or any other private organization wants to discriminate against homosexuals, they're completely free to do so, just not with public money. That's essentially what this is about. These church groups want government welfare, but still want to keep discriminating based on their religious ideology.
I am a Christian, and the Bible states that you are to follow the law, but remember God's law. So just put faith that God will help Obama, and if Obama doesn't accept the help, pray that God will change whatever gets messed up.
read the second one too - it's different
Just read the second one. I agree with that one. Dobson uses the "slippery slope" logical fallacy in his letter, which essentially takes this form:

If A happens, then by a gradual series of small steps through B, C,