Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Best Of" CD?
The guys just mentioned they were doing it next year and, while I don't believe them, I was thinking how many people would buy it. More people get the podcast now and can easily make their own Best Of playlist. Would you get it? I love the guys but this seems a stupid idea, or at least an idea that should've been done sooner when people still weren't techsmart enough to figure out how mp3's work and still bought CD's.
Agreed. If I wasn't so lazy I'd burn a few of my own best of CDs to have.
i don't podcast, but i would not buy it. they replay everything funny they've ever done enough times that i'm well past satisfied with it and ready to move on.
i was thinking...since they probably won't do another one of these Best Of things for a while, what if each of the guys made a list of 10-15 of their personal favorite best of's and combined it into a Super Best Of list of 40+ bits. people would probably be more inclined to buy something like that. make it available as like a 2 disc set or, if possible, a special online offer like the podcasts...like $30 and you can get the whole thing as you would a podcast.

just an idea.
I think the idea of a "best of" is great, but they really have to be the BEST bits. Not just replays of interesting topics.

I agree that the concept of CDs is dated - just creating the playlist as a special "podcast" (not really a podcast in the sense that it's a one and done deal) - then post that as an electronic purchase. It'll keep the overhead down.
I probably wouldn't be all that interested. I put my favorite podcast clips into my own "best of" folder, for later listening enjoyment.
I would probably buy it. But they would really need to hit some of their old stuff. Like I want the actual lead up and follow through in reference to Zane's "Is the moon a planet or is the moon the moon" and "land mammal: a dolphin" from "Dumber Than Zane."

They could probably make it a 2 CD set as well. It's not that much more expensive to produce.

Also, no offense to Joe but I don't really want any stunts on the "Best of." Most of those are available online already with video.

If they take the time to really mine from hidden gems they could put together an amazing "Best of."

Even if it did have some stuff that I already have saved as podcasts I'd probably buy it just to support the show and especially if some of the money went to charity.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
hotzester Wrote:I think the idea of a "best of" is great, but they really have to be the BEST bits. Not just replays of interesting topics.

I agree that the concept of CDs is dated - just creating the playlist as a special "podcast" (not really a podcast in the sense that it's a one and done deal) - then post that as an electronic purchase. It'll keep the overhead down.

Excellent idea!!!
I'm for it with support for AT. A Pa Pranks cd/ digital download would be nice.
you'll all buy it because it'll be for f n charity you cheap a holes.
All the radio best of CDs Ive gotten were given away free at events.
zane Wrote:you'll all buy it because it'll be for f n charity you cheap a holes.

Eh, I bought a calender and played in your golf tourney. I think I'll take a pass. Wink
zane Wrote:you'll all buy it because it'll be for f n charity you cheap a holes.

Yeah, cuz' we are all livin' large here. I appreciate giving for a good cause. I DO!!! Howsoever,(BANG for my buck!) I want something that I can actually listen to over and over, ad infinitum, again!!!

I really want to share with my grown children, (once I'm dead) , what I treasured in life. ( They'll be SO disappointed and how cool would that be!) C,mon, make it worthwhile!!!

It's really important for me to show my kids( after my death) what a sychophant, stalker, deviant psychopath I REALLY was, because at this point, they think I'm a GREAT mom...

You live in America... land of the free, home of the gimme, gimme, gimme! So, GIMME!!!!!

Make a "Best Of" that is worthy of contribution. Don't throw me a "hypothetical" bone of what you maybe, sorta plan to do! Show me!!!

Rant over... ( and yes, I AM a cheap a-hole, but in this economy, WHO isn't?)

awwwwwwww look whos finally back! just couldn't stay away, huh
A CD is probably going to cost about the same as the calendar. I can only buy the excuse of being cheap in this economy so much. I'm cheap too but I damned sure have between $10-$20 to buy something that supports a good charity and my favorite radio show which keeps me going 5 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Besides, it'll be nice to have a CD that I can lend out to all my friends that don't listen in an effort to convert them.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown

if it's less than 13 tracks and has even one Joe stunt i won't buy shit, you ugly dick.
Who pissed in Becky's Fruit loops?? Hahaha
don't get pissy because people don't want to buy something twice. if it's the same stuff i've already heard 4000 times, i'd rather just give the money.

now zip it.
I would rather them just release a digital version of their best of... that way they could give 100% of the money to charity (well maybe a little cost money for bandwidth) instead wasting money on a jewel case and a glorified coaster... Does anyone even use CDs anymore?
I'd be interested in helping to compile a Best Of download or CD. I have most of the podcasts archived from the past 3 years. We could get the message board involved in nominating and voting on the best segments.
mayorofawesometown Wrote:I would probably buy it. But they would really need to hit some of their old stuff. Like I want the actual lead up and follow through in reference to Zane's "Is the moon a planet or is the moon the moon" and "land mammal: a dolphin" from "Dumber Than Zane."

They could probably make it a 2 CD set as well. It's not that much more expensive to produce.

Also, no offense to Joe but I don't really want any stunts on the "Best of." Most of those are available online already with video.

If they take the time to really mine from hidden gems they could put together an amazing "Best of."

Even if it did have some stuff that I already have saved as podcasts I'd probably buy it just to support the show and especially if some of the money went to charity.

I definitely agree about wanting older stuff. I don't want a CD with stuff I already have on the podcasts. Go back a few years and get some of the classic moments.

Damn straight!

Seriously, though. I will buy it, and I'd even like to have the jewel case just for the photos and artwork (as a collector's item). I don't use an actual wall-calendar these days, but I bought their's for the charity and because I love the show.
Not everyone here gets the pod cast. If anything make a limited amount of Cd's for people who want them and a best of podcast for the rest.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Well if they make one I will have to buy it cause Zane told me to.