Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FB&HW site and forum
in my opinion it seems the/your FB&HW site is lacking for a better term "pazazz". it seems rather flat and dull compared to a few other radio and other site i visit. the links are not to user friendly (again imo), they should have a little detailed description of what your clicking on besides some picture.

also i went there a few days ago to find something you/they said would be on the site and could not find it.

do i have any suggestions to make it better... no. thats not what i do, so i wouldn't even know where to start.

as for the forum though i do have a couple of suggestions...

when you scroll over a post topic it should have a little pop up window of what the OP is saying... not everything, just a tid bit

i shouldn't have to type in the next page i want to view, there should be a "next" button to go along with that feature perhaps... kind of like when there is more than one page in a thread

you should have a forum "rules" "read before you post" link right at top of the main page and not in a sub-forum

also i don't see a link that will take me back to the FB&HW site...i do see your logo on the top with the word home under it, but either its my pc or its not a link

okay other than that i do think that the show and all you guys are real eff'ing epicly (is that even a word) hilarious. i am starting to dig this site alot (a lot? who cares... i'm not the grammar police). so keep up all the good work and will hear ya in the morning and see ya on teh boredz.

thnx for your time
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
btw, CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

sorry just had to throw that in there
^^ Probably Puddin, or Bob or Tom. aka Kneel and Bob.^^
I see links just find that have always been there. I hit next button instead of typing the page number. Are you using Mozilla Firefox or something? You might need plugins for some browsers like Firefox, safari, opera, etc. Also try changing forum theme.
imatoolhed Wrote:when you scroll over a post topic it should have a little pop up window of what the OP is saying... not everything, just a tid bit

That's not an option with the free Proboards program we use here. Not even sure if that's an option with the Proboards software that you have to pay for.

imatoolhed Wrote:i shouldn't have to type in the next page i want to view, there should be a "next" button to go along with that feature perhaps... kind of like when there is more than one page in a thread

There is a "next" button. At the top and bottom of each page, near where you can type in which page you'd like to go to, there is a forward page and backward page arrow.

[Image: 3050251450_e95bfc6a24_o.jpg]

you should have a forum "rules" "read before you post" link right at top of the main page and not in a sub-forum

imatoolhed Wrote:also i don't see a link that will take me back to the FB&HW site...i do see your logo on the top with the word home under it, but either its my pc or its not a link

That "home" referrs to the home (i.e. index) page of the forum. There is, however, indeed a link that'll take you to the main FBHW website. It's one of the things that rotates through up on the news crawler on the messageboard's index page.

[Image: 3049418551_86d54c0476_o.jpg]
okay thanks for the pointers there... see what i mean about not to user friendly (kinda, until one gets use to it)

ever consider changing your forum program? don't know if proboards is free or not, but i see quite a few boards using vbulletin and its real smooth.

http://www.vbulletin.com/about.php
At the moment I don't think we have any plans to change software.
imatoolhed Wrote:okay thanks for the pointers there... see what i mean about not to user friendly (kinda, until one gets use to it)

ever consider changing your forum program? don't know if proboards is free or not, but i see quite a few boards using vbulletin and its real smooth.

http://www.vbulletin.com/about.php

Believe me I would love to. Pony up some money and I'll make it happen!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
one board i belong to let you make "donations" to a paypal account to upgrade the server. which in turn the user was granted a custom title of their choice or the admin/mod could choose it for them. it also could say something like FB&HW $upporter.

i don't know how many members there is posting alot to make this happen yet, but maybe in the future it might work.
imatoolhed Wrote:one board i belong to let you make "donations" to a paypal account to upgrade the server. which in turn the user was granted a custom title of their choice or the admin/mod could choose it for them. it also could say something like FB&HW $upporter.

i don't know how many members there is posting alot to make this happen yet, but maybe in the future it might work.

That is a consideration. Right now I cannot justify shelling out 200 bucks for forum software when we need new car seats and Christmas is coming.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Free means more new people can afford the podcasts. I have a customizable website forum on my dedicated server that we could always use, and a domain.
Admin Wrote:when we need new car seats and Christmas is coming.

what your car didn't come with seats?

j/k

like i said maybe down the road sometime, i for one would contribute
also is the exalt and smite reflective of of ones karma?

if so that means why i'm at a -4

*shakes fist and says in a homer voice*

if i ever find out who you are i'll make hamburger out of .... Mmmm, hamburger
Yeah, the exalt/smite is karma on this board.

If this site is still pretty active down the road, I could see it being worth it to put some money into it. The donation idea isn't a bad one, either.
why isn't there a link to the forum FB&HW site page... or again am i just blind?
imatoolhed Wrote:why isn't there a link to the forum FB&HW site page... or again am i just blind?

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...age=1#8867
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
imatoolhed Wrote:why isn't there a link to the forum FB&HW site page... or again am i just blind?

It's there. Main page, scroll down...

[Image: 3066672172_0a76b3a716_o.jpg]
ahhh, i see my problem now. help me fix plzy.

bcuz when i load up the main page none of that text is there at all.

Khef Wrote:Are you using Mozilla Firefox or something? You might need plugins for some browsers like Firefox, safari, opera, etc. Also try changing forum theme.

i'm running firefox... is that a problem? what plugins do i need or where do i change the forum theme?

also thanks for taking the time answering me questions
imatoolhed Wrote:ahhh, i see my problem now. help me fix plzy.

bcuz when i load up the main page none of that text is there at all.

Khef Wrote:Are you using Mozilla Firefox or something? You might need plugins for some browsers like Firefox, safari, opera, etc. Also try changing forum theme.

i'm running firefox... is that a problem? what plugins do i need or where do i change the forum theme?

also thanks for taking the time answering me questions

The post directly above yours that potthole made is of the show's home page. The link to their site from this forum is found in this post.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
yes i know that queenie, thanks. but this is my problem...

Quote:bcuz when i load up the main page none of that text is there at all

also dude said something about changing the forum theme
The FBHW site doesn't play well with FireFox. You can either download the FireFox add on "IE Tab" and use that in FF or view it in *gag* IE.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
thanks biff
You can set it to read in IE tab for the websites you already go to. Then on others just click the icon at bottom of page and you can switch back and forth. I had trouble with it for a while. Some tweaking may need to be done with it. I had trouble viewing video apps on news sitesand others and would have to switch back.
What is with the site today? I could get into the pictures section but couldn't view the Mugshots but not I can't even load the main page.

WTF
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:What is with the site today? I could get into the pictures section but couldn't view the Mugshots but not I can't even load the main page.

WTF
It seems like their server or something like that is having issues again. I get the same damn thing. There's like 50 pics listed in that gallery. I'm sure he doesn't have that many mug shots posted. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. I wanna see Felon Zane's photoshopped adams apple and huge honker.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
I could see the pictures on the main picture page, but couldn't get an up close and personal look at Zane's mug shots. I wanted to see if the cop that punched him did any damage. He really doesn't look that much different now IMO. Well, other than being skinnier.
http://2morig.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pK...20Shot.jpg

You're welcome.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I hosted it in a place where I can actually post the image now. Go Flickr.
[Image: 3093091310_229fdb24e1.jpg]
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
That's some sweet feathered hair.

Re: the website... I think they could really use a nice CMS site so Joe or whoever can login and edit content on the fly easily. Maybe they're already working on it. I do web dev for a living and would make suggestions, but I think MyTown already has it under control.