Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, those rules DO apply to you!!
I was getting gas today in Holland, MI at the Quality Car Wash on Lakewood and River.

The woman in the white Envoy in front of me was also getting gas, but she decided that she could leave her vehicle running as she pumped the gas and that it was alright to sit inside of it while the pump was running unattended. The rules are put there to avoid personal harm and property damage. Try following them.

I wish your vehicle had caught fire, because you deserve it, you thoughtless bitch.
i was at the Shell on River Ave. about 3 weeks ago and a guy did the same thing while he was in his truck on the phone.

i keep it real so when he came back out i asked, "you know not watching the pump is kind of dangerous right?" he looked at me like i had just called him gay or something and goes "i know what i'm doing, i'm not stupid thanks."

he was a older guy so i'm thinking he didn't appreciate me telling him about gas station safety.
I'm amazed how many people do this. I was at Mobil a few weeks ago and saw the grand-daddy of them all.

Not only was this state trooper sitting in the cruiser while the pump fueled him up unattended, but the engine was running AND he was on a cell phone. The only rule he wasn't breaking was that he wasn't smoking.
What's even worse is when people smoke at the gas station and flick their ashes on the ground.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:What's even worse is when people smoke at the gas station and flick their ashes on the ground.

The ashes really arent the problem though, those cool almost instantaneously, its when they throw their butt out on the ground at the gas station thats the problem.
hotzester Wrote:Not only was this state trooper sitting in the cruiser while the pump fueled him up unattended, but the engine was running AND he was on a cell phone.
the cell phone rule is actually bogus. normal use will never start a fire.

but i agree that a cop ignoring several clearly posted laws is unnerving.

there's a gas station i used to go to before i moved that also had big ass propane tanks outside. and some douche was smoking right in front of the cage with the "no smoking" sign on it. had anything blown, it would have easily taken me out too.

i didn't call him on it. just kind of stared and shook my head at him. it was late at night. i didn't feel like bitching.
Actually Mythbusters proved that cellphones don't blow up cars. The rest I agree with. Even though my husband and parents have a fit about it. When it is cold outside, I stay outside my truck and watch the pump. Just because I lost half of a lung to an M&M peanut, then pneumonia, in the same area, I'm not above standing out in cold air. (Which doctors don't want me to get pneumonia again, and have warned me against it. I do it anyway.) I would rather take the IV's again and a week in bed, than being blown up.
Yep, I saw the Mythbusters you're referencing - as was said, it was more that he was blatantly breaking several well posted laws. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?
How about well posted street signs? My girls elementary school is on one of the busiest streets in the county. It's a 4 lane divided road speed limit 45 but you know most people go anywhere from 50-55. When you pull out of the school, you have to make a right hand turn, they don't want you to try to cross the road and make a left. There is a sign that states this clearly. Yet every day I see cars darting across the street to make that left hand turn instead of driving 1/2 a block to the light to make a u-turn. You know some of these cars are loaded with children and usually there is a line of cars waiting to pull into the school to pick up the kids so you really can't see the oncoming traffic. Luckily there hasn't been an accident in awhile. There's always 2 state troopers waiting during school hours and everyday they have someone pulled. EVERYDAY!!!!! :-[
your momma Wrote:How about well posted street signs? My girls elementary school is on one of the busiest streets in the county. It's a 4 lane divided road speed limit 45 but you know most people go anywhere from 50-55. When you pull out of the school, you have to make a right hand turn, they don't want you to try to cross the road and make a left. There is a sign that states this clearly. Yet every day I see cars darting across the street to make that left hand turn instead of driving 1/2 a block to the light to make a u-turn. You know some of these cars are loaded with children and usually there is a line of cars waiting to pull into the school to pick up the kids so you really can't see the oncoming traffic. Luckily there hasn't been an accident in awhile. There's always 2 state troopers waiting during school hours and everyday they have someone pulled. EVERYDAY!!!!! :-[

Agreed. In West Michigan, a lot of our left turns are prohibited at the intersection and you must go to the U-turn half a block farther on. Often, people don't heed the "no left turn' signs. They deserve every fine they get. But if they're out-of-staters, they get a pass in my book 'cause it tends to be new and confusing to them.
Mister Five Wrote:
your momma Wrote:How about well posted street signs? My girls elementary school is on one of the busiest streets in the county. It's a 4 lane divided road speed limit 45 but you know most people go anywhere from 50-55. When you pull out of the school, you have to make a right hand turn, they don't want you to try to cross the road and make a left. There is a sign that states this clearly. Yet every day I see cars darting across the street to make that left hand turn instead of driving 1/2 a block to the light to make a u-turn. You know some of these cars are loaded with children and usually there is a line of cars waiting to pull into the school to pick up the kids so you really can't see the oncoming traffic. Luckily there hasn't been an accident in awhile. There's always 2 state troopers waiting during school hours and everyday they have someone pulled. EVERYDAY!!!!! :-[

Agreed. In West Michigan, a lot of our left turns are prohibited at the intersection and you must go to the U-turn half a block farther on. Often, people don't heed the "no left turn' signs. They deserve every fine they get. But if they're out-of-staters, they get a pass in my book 'cause it tends to be new and confusing to them.

Don't give a free pass to us out-of-towners. Unless we are blind and driving that is the only way to get a pass. Because of the fact that traffic signs are the same in all states, one only needs to know to look and follow the signs.
The worst part is that these parents are fully aware...I mean they send newsletters out stating this and make announcements, there should be no excuse. Read the sign people, just read the sign.
What if I read the sign and yet don't give a Shit?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Then you're a jackass.
Mister Five Wrote:Then you're a jackass.
Win.
I knew that would get sombody!!! Heee Hawwww!!!
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Smile flamebaiter
I looked for a "No Cell Phones" rule the last time I was at a station and I didn't see it. It was near Wixom but I don't remember exactly where. I have to check on the ones here in Holland as I work right down the road from the Quality station you are referring to.

As long as we're bitching, I'm amazed at how expensive cars are and yet most of the people that buy them don't pay a few bucks extra to get working turn signals...oh wait, it's standard but the jackasses never use them! They think that everyone in the world knows their flippin' intentions and when I hit the I-196 and M-6 interchange heading toward Holland every morning, it never fails that some douchebag decides to change lanes where I have to merge and they don't use their turn signal and then get mad at me for trying to merge correctly. Nothing seems more arrogant to me than someone who thinks I should know when they're turning.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I was at a gas station last winter. Some dumb bitch got into her running car while the pump was on. Suddenly I heard the pump turn off. She got out and pump turned back on. This went on for about 6 times. After the 2nd time, I looked into the station and the clerk was laughing his ass off because he kept turning the pump on and off. Finally, he stated over the PA, "Excuse me ma'am, you have can not sit in your vehicle while the pump is running." She was pissed. I was laughing. I had to go inside and commend the clerk. Awesome job.
airhornahole Wrote:I was at a gas station last winter. Some dumb bitch got into her running car while the pump was on. Suddenly I heard the pump turn off. She got out and pump turned back on. This went on for about 6 times. After the 2nd time, I looked into the station and the clerk was laughing his ass off because he kept turning the pump on and off. Finally, he stated over the PA, "Excuse me ma'am, you have can not sit in your vehicle while the pump is running." She was pissed. I was laughing. I had to go inside and commend the clerk. Awesome job.

Awesome story!! More clerks need to do this.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I witnessed a woman hop in her car with the pump locked on. she was talking on the phone and smoking...no lie. well to my great pleasure the pump overflowed all over her car and ground. I was lucky enough to stand behind her as she argued for the clerk to figure out how much fuel landed on the ground cause she wasn't going to pay for it.

i was close to telling her to stfu and read the pump...it was her fault the the business shouldn't have to suffer because of it.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i was close to telling her to stfu and read the pump...it was her fault the the business shouldn't have to suffer because of it.

I bet you could have took her....

Next time..no talking, just give her the people's elbow...

I never watch the pump. I slide my card, insert nozzle and run in the store for smokes and try to hurry back before it gets past 50 bucks.
jus' P Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i was close to telling her to stfu and read the pump...it was her fault the the business shouldn't have to suffer because of it.

I bet you could have took her....

Next time..no talking, just give her the people's elbow...

I never watch the pump. I slide my card, insert nozzle and run in the store for smokes and try to hurry back before it gets past 50 bucks.

[Zane tough talk]

'Listen here bitch, you're going to lap up that gasoline and like it. Yeah....eat it
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Years ago, when I lived in Pennsylvania, I was at a gas station walking from my car, parked at the pump, to the station to pay. I happened to glance over at another pump and saw a woman looking down the nozzle of of the pump. She then squeezed the trigger and got a face full of gas. Immediately I wished I had a camera, this was before cell phone cameras.

I walked into the station and told the clerk. He's grabbing a bag of cat litter and calling 9-1-1 at the same time. I just tossed my money in the back room on the manager's desk and told her too. I knew the people there well and a couple days later I asked whan happened. They said the lady thought the pump was broken because it stopped (ya know . . when the tank is full) and didn't really know how to opperate it, she was from Jersey, one of the only states where we don't pump our own gas. I heard stories of her getting her stomach pumped and having her eyes burned from the gas but I never really found out what happened to her.
landmammaldolphin Wrote:As long as we're bitching, I'm amazed at how expensive cars are and yet most of the people that buy them don't pay a few bucks extra to get working turn signals...oh wait, it's standard but the jackasses never use them! They think that everyone in the world knows their flippin' intentions and when I hit the I-196 and M-6 interchange heading toward Holland every morning, it never fails that some douchebag decides to change lanes where I have to merge and they don't use their turn signal and then get mad at me for trying to merge correctly. Nothing seems more arrogant to me than someone who thinks I should know when they're turning.

Likewise, I love how when I'm getting on the highway on the way home from work, and I signal that I'd like to move over out of the lane I'm in (which turns into an exit only lane about a quarter mile down), nobody will let me in. Because yes, my turn signal, showing that I'd like to get over, is a joke. I just have it on for shits and giggles.
potthole Wrote:
landmammaldolphin Wrote:As long as we're bitching, I'm amazed at how expensive cars are and yet most of the people that buy them don't pay a few bucks extra to get working turn signals...oh wait, it's standard but the jackasses never use them! They think that everyone in the world knows their flippin' intentions and when I hit the I-196 and M-6 interchange heading toward Holland every morning, it never fails that some douchebag decides to change lanes where I have to merge and they don't use their turn signal and then get mad at me for trying to merge correctly. Nothing seems more arrogant to me than someone who thinks I should know when they're turning.

Likewise, I love how when I'm getting on the highway on the way home from work, and I signal that I'd like to move over out of the lane I'm in (which turns into an exit only lane about a quarter mile down), nobody will let me in. Because yes, my turn signal, showing that I'd like to get over, is a joke. I just have it on for shits and giggles.

Yeah, you put your blinker on as a signal to them that they might want to get a bit closer together so you can't get in . . . :Smile
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
You have to be aggressive people. Most people will move, if you come over on them.

Turn signals are for suckas...
When you are merging onto the highway, they don't have to let you in. You are merging into their lane.

That being said, it pisses me off too. And Plungee, I hope you never do that to me. I won't move. (I'll already be out of the way, if I can.) I wouldn't mind collecting the Insurance, and upgrading my car.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."

More on merging - I absolutely, positively, 100% refuse to let more than one person merge in front of me. I would rather get in an accident than let some self-righteous a-hole think he can take advantage of me. Eff you.

More on turn signals - I hate when I am driving behind someone who either has a red blinker or a broken brake light and I can't tell whether they are turning or checking their brakes. All turn signals should be yellow and douchebags should replace their lights when they burn out.

Also I am from Jersey and I have road rage like you've never seen.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:

More on merging - I absolutely, positively, 100% refuse to let more than one person merge in front of me. I would rather get in an accident than let some self-righteous a-hole think he can take advantage of me. Eff you.

More on turn signals - I hate when I am driving behind someone who either has a red blinker or a broken brake light and I can't tell whether they are turning or checking their brakes. All turn signals should be yellow and douchebags should replace their lights when they burn out.

Also I am from Jersey and I have road rage like you've never seen.

EXACTLY....There are unspoken/written rules ....

Like, making your vehicle take up 2 lanes in order to keep people from passing on the shoulder/berm....even if it's a Honda
Rock Monster Wrote:When you are merging onto the highway, they don't have to let you in. You are merging into their lane.

That being said, it pisses me off too. And Plungee, I hope you never do that to me. I won't move. (I'll already be out of the way, if I can.) I wouldn't mind collecting the Insurance, and upgrading my car.

Dude, this is Tn...nobody has car insurance.

I ain't skared.....
jus' P Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:When you are merging onto the highway, they don't have to let you in. You are merging into their lane.

Dude, this is Tn...nobody has car insurance.

I ain't skared.....

Plungee, just the rednecks don't have insurance, there are some of us out here in Tennessee, that like that protection....
Oh oh, I smell a fight........
has anyone ever honked at somebody who cut them off?
if so, why? the incident is over, it doesn't matter. yet you have to alert everyone that you're pissed when nobody cares.
it irks me.
It corrects the mistake and will hopefully aid in stopping it in the future.

Plus it gets the a-holes attention while I flip him off.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:It corrects the mistake and will hopefully aid in stopping it in the future.
i guess i can't speak for everybody, but honking teaches me nothing. if i cut you off, i already know i'm doing it. sorry, but i want to be in front of you, likely with reason.

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Plus it gets the a-holes attention while I flip him off.
this is satisfactory.
I usually honk while they are cutting me off, because it makes me feel better. Then I tailgate them as close as I possibly can, because it makes me feel better.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
most people that seem to cut me off don't realize they're doing it. They're idiots on their phone, lighting a cig, and jamming their maw full of Dub Chub (McD's Double Cheeseburger)

So, Since I drive a giant rusty pickle of a dodge I don't care if i trade paintSmile also my airhorn is in my front bumper which is perfect for honking and getting attention
the incident i had in mind was myself gunning a left turn in front of oncoming traffic to avoid waiting 5 years for the next opportunity. i got honked at by a pissed off minivan and thought, "what do you want me to do about it now? dick."
the scenarios i'm reading here are more forgiveable to honk at. don't know why i didn't think of them. this was mostly to get the "death by horse cock" thread out of the "most recent post" spot anyway.
in any case, i still don't use my horn except when people aren't paying attention to the light turning green.
my commute is almost entirely interstate...ocasionally country roads...I go through 2 stop lights a day....maybe. Most of the time I'm honking at my buddies or a turkey.