Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Songs everybody likes
Post your songs that you think EVERYONE likes.

Mine are:
American Pie - Don McLean
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Do we get vetoes?
Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
Hotel California or Peaceful Easy Feeling- The Eagles
Margaritaville- Jimmy Buffett
Honky Tonk Woman- Rolling Stones
burnking Wrote:Do we get vetoes?

Sure. If you don't like it, obviously not EVERYONE likes it.

(but I will punch you in the ovary)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Throwing this together quickly...
Billy Joel - Only The Good Die Young
Earth, Wind and Fire - September
AC/DC - You Shook Me (All Night Long)
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Rock Monster Wrote:
burnking Wrote:Do we get vetoes?

Sure. If you don't like it, obviously not EVERYONE likes it.

(but I will punch you in the ovary)

Well you'll be happy to know that I don't have any problems with your choices.

This, however, has GOT to go.

your momma Wrote:Margaritaville- Jimmy Buffett
I hate f'ing Jimmy Buffett.
burnking Wrote:AC/DC - You Shook Me (All Night Long)

Unfortunately this has to go. I know plenty of people that absolutely hate AC/DC. I want to punch them.

am i supposed to get all giddy about 1,000 posts?
Rock Monster Wrote:
burnking Wrote:AC/DC - You Shook Me (All Night Long)

Unfortunately this has to go. I know plenty of people that absolutely hate AC/DC. I want to punch them.

am i supposed to get all giddy about 1,000 posts?

Love AC/DC. Hate that song. Absolutely hate it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Well EXCUUUUUSE ME...........you don't like Jimmy Buffett but will listen to Neil Diamond?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ??? ??? ???

you only make up for it with AC/DC, Billy Joel, and Springsteen....

I like Elton Johns OLD stuff too, like Goodbye Yellow Brick Road....

really, Neil Diamond.....my grandmother likes Neil Diamond
He has a soothing voice! I was just trying to think of songs that everyone like to sing along to. Of course, in my world this only happens at bars at the end of the night when everyone is half in the bag, so my theory might have a few holes.

I think most of my problem with Buffet is the fact that the man has zero talent and yet he's a franchise. Plus, he sounds like crap.
Gotta go with the Simon & Garfunkel. Sound of Silence, Bridge over Troubled Waters.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/3a2CtQcep70&hl=en[/flash]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
He sounds pretty good after a few stiff drinks with everyone singing along. I can't help it...my family likes to party down at the beach and there's no better music to listen too.....I cannot stand country music and it's either him or country music. I grew up listening to Buffett.

I can't get over the Neil Diamond deal.....I bet you paid to see that movie with Jack Black and Jason Biggs when they were superfans....can't remember the name of it........
your momma Wrote:He sounds pretty good after a few stiff drinks with everyone singing along. I can't help it...my family likes to party down at the beach and there's no better music to listen too.....I cannot stand country music and it's either him or country music. I grew up listening to Buffett.

I can't get over the Neil Diamond deal.....I bet you paid to see that movie with Jack Black and Jason Biggs when they were superfans....can't remember the name of it........

Saving Silverman
your momma Wrote:I can't get over the Neil Diamond deal.....I bet you paid to see that movie with Jack Black and Jason Biggs when they were superfans....can't remember the name of it........

I think you're in the minorty here. (but if you don't like it, you're probably not alone.) Everyone I know likes a lot of his music, especially Sweet Caroline (bum, bum, bum...) It's a fun song.
I love Slayer......and I love Neil Diamond.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Rock Monster Wrote:
your momma Wrote:I can't get over the Neil Diamond deal.....I bet you paid to see that movie with Jack Black and Jason Biggs when they were superfans....can't remember the name of it........

I think you're in the minorty here. (but if you don't like it, you're probably not alone.) Everyone I know likes a lot of his music, especially Sweet Caroline (bum, bum, bum...) It's a fun song.

Yeah, I definitely think more people like Neil Diamond than don't like, but the name of the thread is 'Songs everybody likes' and there are clearly people that don't like that song, so it's wiped from the slate.
Here's the list so far:

American Pie - Don McLean
Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
Hotel California or Peaceful Easy Feeling- The Eagles
Honky Tonk Woman- Rolling Stones
Billy Joel - Only The Good Die Young
Earth, Wind and Fire - September
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
Bridge over Troubled Waters - Simon & Garfunkel
You've lost that Lovin' Feeling - Righeous Brothers
Carpenters - Superstar
Call Me The Breeze - Lynyrd Skynyrd
You've lost that Lovin' Feeling - Righeous Brothers, simply because guys in bars sing that to chicks and make them moist. Hell, if the show harmonized on that one, there'd be another round of ruined chairs in the listening audience.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:You've lost that Lovin' Feeling - Righteous Brothers, simply because guys in bars sing that to chicks and make them moist. Hell, if the show harmonized on that one, there'd be another round of ruined chairs in the listening audience.

Forgot about that one.....hell I had to get a new sponge from when they played all those rock ballads on that one Name that Tune. :-*
Carpenters - Superstar
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
i got Call Me The Breeze by Lynyrd Skynyrd on my ipod, everybody good with that song?
Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - Green Day

??

I walk the Line, A boy Named Sue, Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash

??
Can we add Sweet Home Alabama?

Metallica - Enter Sandman

As for the existing list, you're all going to hate me but keep Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison and Roy Orbison and shitcan the rest.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
landmammaldolphin Wrote:Metallica - Enter Sandman

No.

0rz0ski Wrote:Can we add Sweet Home Alabama?

No.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Jo Wrote:i got Call Me The Breeze by Lynyrd Skynyrd on my ipod, everybody good with that song?

Absolutely!!

Edit: I forgot my songs:

Benny & the Jets - Elton John
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Superstition - Stevie Wonder (the guys corrected me)
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
Jo Wrote:i got Call Me The Breeze by Lynyrd Skynyrd on my ipod, everybody good with that song?

Absolutely!!

I'd rather go with this one:

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/rzU2iJ9qfXg&hl=en[/flash]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
landmammaldolphin Wrote:Metallica - Enter Sandman

As for the existing list, you're all going to hate me but keep Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison and Roy Orbison and shitcan the rest.

Seriously, do you hate all music or something?

well, I guess we're down to:

What about:
I walk the Line, A boy Named Sue, and Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Superstitious - Stevie Wonder
Suspicious Minds - Elvis
Teddy Bear - Elvis

EDIT: ps - Biff, I'm not adding your songs to the list, because I don't know what songs you are posting. Videos are blocked for me at work. Sorry.
Pour some sugar on me - Def Leppard

Rock Monster Wrote:Seriously, do you hate all music or something?

No, I just hate music that was massively overplayed and became a band's signature song.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Seriously, do you hate all music or something?

No, I just hate music that was massively overplayed and became a band's signature song.

Not you... landmammal vetoed all songs except 3 of them.
I un-veto it.

I have to agree with Biff on whether I hate all music or not. I get so tired of hearing all the same crap regurgitated and eventually I hate it.

I do, however, agree with Def Leppard and Elvis - Suspicious Minds (although I like Dwight Yoakams version better) as well as Green Day.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
your momma Wrote:Well EXCUUUUUSE ME...........you don't like Jimmy Buffett but will listen to Neil Diamond?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ??? ??? ???

you only make up for it with AC/DC, Billy Joel, and Springsteen....

I like Elton Johns OLD stuff too, like Goodbye Yellow Brick Road....

really, Neil Diamond.....my grandmother likes Neil Diamond

Respect your elders, Neil Diamond has some really awesome songs ( turn on your heartlight and you don't bring me flowers NOT included.)

Billy Joel, Skynard, Ac/Dc, Elton John are good

No Buffet, Springstein, or Stones

Biff? What about the greatest rock band ever.....

KISS- Detroit Rock City
I walk the Line - Johnny Cash
A boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Superstitious - Stevie Wonder
Pour some sugar on me - Def Leppard
Detroit Rock City - Kiss
I like the list so far. Though I do like Sweet Caroline and its fun to sing along with.
How about "You Never Even Call Me By My Name - by David Allen Coe?
How about Zoot Suit Riot - Cherry Poppin' Daddies?
That's what she said.
Pink Floyd - The Wall?

Snow - Informer? Wink

After watching the movie Cash...I hate everything that is Johnny Cash. What a piece of crap that guy was. Any and all Johnny Cash is vetoed...except ring of fire.