Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOME SCHOOL VS. PUBLIC SCHOOL
>Sad

SO CORNELL AND HARVARD RECENTLY DID A STUDY ON THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HOME SCHOOLING AND PUBLIC SCHOOLING. ANY DIMWIT COULD FIGURE OUT THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM IN ABOUT TWO SECONDS BUT HERE ARE THREE THAT ARE A BIT OUT THERE.

1. 90% OF H.S. KIDS WILL BECOME MUSICIANS AND/OR ARTISTS AS ADULTS.
COMPARED TO 10% OF P.S. KIDS.

2. A STAGGERING 95% OF H.S. KIDS WON'T LOOSE THIER VIRGINITY UNTIL SOPHMORE YEAR {19-20} OR LATER IN COLLEGE AND HAVE ONLY A 4% TEEN PREGNANCY RATE.
COMPARED TO 80% OF P.S. KIDS WHO WILL LOOSE THIER VIGINITY BY SOPHMORE YEAR {14-15}IN HIGH SCHOOL AND HAVE A 45% TEEN PREGNANCY RATE BY AGE 19.

3. MOST OBVIOUS IS THAT 99% OF H.S. KIDS WILL GO ON TO GRADUATE COLLEGE WITH AT LEAST A BACHOLER DEGREE AND WILL MOVE ON TO A LIFE LONG CARRER.
COMPARED TO 55% OF P.S. KIDS WHO WILL STOP FURTHERING THIER EDUCATION WITH AN ASSOCIATES DEGREE AND WILL WORK AN AVERAGE OF 12 DIFFERENT JOBS IN THIER LIFETIME WITHOUT A RETIERMENT PLAN.

SO WHAT IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE STUDY IS THAT ALMOST ALL H.S. KIDS HAVE BOTH PARENTS AND ARE ONLY CHILDREN WITHIN THE UPPER MIDDLE CLASS, WHILE ALMOST ALL P.S. KIDS COME FROM SPLIT FAMILYS AND ARE IN THE LOWER/LOWER MIDDLE CLASS.

ANY THOUGHTS???
I think you need to follow the rules...

Admin Wrote:Rule #1: Don't be a dick.

That is the root of it all and all the other rules hang from there.

Please don't post personal information about any of the show members.

Please don't flame fellow users.

Please don't post questionable material.

Don't seek out other radio shows forums to start flame wars.

Do have fun.

Do interact.

Do feel free to offer any suggestions.

Thank you for making this forum great.

Edited to add:

1. No all caps posting. It's just annoying and the moderators instantly put you on their mental watch list.
2. Use the SEARCH function. Try not to double post. Just creates more of a mess on the forum and more work for the moderators.
3. If we see a thread that just starts with FB&HW sucks, Instant Ban, no warning.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
[Image: CapsLock.jpg]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:[Image: CapsLock.jpg]

Excellent!! I haven't seen that one yet!!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
SadI wish i had facial hair
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"

christocates Wrote:>Sad

SO CORNELL AND HARVARD RECENTLY DID A STUDY ON THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HOME SCHOOLING AND PUBLIC SCHOOLING. ANY DIMWIT COULD FIGURE OUT THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM IN ABOUT TWO SECONDS BUT HERE ARE THREE THAT ARE A BIT OUT THERE.

2. A STAGGERING 95% OF H.S. KIDS WON'T LOOSE THIER VIRGINITY UNTIL SOPHMORE YEAR {19-20} OR LATER IN COLLEGE AND HAVE ONLY A 4% TEEN PREGNANCY RATE.
COMPARED TO 80% OF P.S. KIDS WHO WILL LOOSE THIER VIGINITY BY SOPHMORE YEAR {14-15}IN HIGH SCHOOL AND HAVE A 45% TEEN PREGNANCY RATE BY AGE 19.

3. MOST OBVIOUS IS THAT 99% OF H.S. KIDS WILL GO ON TO GRADUATE COLLEGE WITH AT LEAST A BACHOLER DEGREE AND WILL MOVE ON TO A LIFE LONG CARRER.
COMPARED TO 55% OF P.S. KIDS WHO WILL STOP FURTHERING THIER EDUCATION WITH AN ASSOCIATES DEGREE AND WILL WORK AN AVERAGE OF 12 DIFFERENT JOBS IN THIER LIFETIME WITHOUT A RETIERMENT PLAN.

SO WHAT IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE STUDY IS THAT ALMOST ALL H.S. KIDS HAVE BOTH PARENTS AND ARE ONLY CHILDREN WITHIN THE UPPER MIDDLE CLASS, WHILE ALMOST ALL P.S. KIDS COME FROM SPLIT FAMILYS AND ARE IN THE LOWER/LOWER MIDDLE CLASS.

ANY THOUGHTS???

by what age? (WRT teen pregnancy percentage)

Do homeschool kids know how to turn off capslock?

so apparently bold doesn't work when it's in all caps?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
i do believe that to be a teen you must be between 13 and 19. you must be from public school?
christocates Wrote:i do believe that to be a teen you must be between 13 and 19. you must be from public school?

You made a reference to the age in which most P.S. kids would become pregnant, but not H.S. kids.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
christocates Wrote:80% OF P.S. KIDS WHO WILL LOOSE THIER VIGINITY BY SOPHMORE YEAR {14-15}IN HIGH SCHOOL AND HAVE A 45% TEEN PREGNANCY RATE BY AGE 19.

Really? 45% of girls get pregnant by age 19? I didn't. And I have more than 2 friends that didn't. I'm going to call bullshit.

ANY THOUGHTS???

Also, maybe you should learn how to spell. You must have been homeschooled?

effing retard. :Smile
That's what she said.
(citation needed)

What page of "Focus On the Family" did you get this from?
Where are these stats from?
Almost all P.S. kids come from split familys and are in lower/lower middle class?
Thats bullshit.
Almost all?
stfu and get outta here, no one likes you.
His information is obviously from his sister/mother since he was homeschooled. Momma says public school is the devil.
That's what she said.
lerning too spel is fore luzers hoo go too publik skool.....mi mom rote mi dikshonary fore me....i spel goood.
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who picked up on the poor spelling. Looks like somebody didn't get woken up by mom.... err, teacher, when he was falling asleep during class.
She knows all he'll ever amount to is head fry cook at McGreasy's.
Can I get you some more napkins?

SO CORNELL AND HARVARD RECENTLY DID A STUDY ON THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HOME SCHOOLING AND PUBLIC SCHOOLING. ANY DIMWIT COULD FIGURE OUT THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM IN ABOUT TWO SECONDS BUT HERE ARE THREE THAT ARE A BIT OUT THERE. ( Which study would that be?) It would seem that you are skewing several studies on your side, one of which states that Harvard and Cornell DO accept H.S. applicants, dependent, of course, on their individual qualifications. ( BTW, If YOU are the one that taught your children, their BEST bet is to go to the nearest McBurger and learn how to say, CLEARLY, : "WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT?"

As opposed to therapy, yeah, I bet they do!

[ I guess I never realized that teenagers "loose" their virginity on the world! I figured they "lose" their virginity. What do I know? I'm a P.S. graduate. ( Look, any of you out there who care to can look up the stats for yourselves. I'm ranting, but if you want the REAL stats, contact me. I have them saved. )

Gee, I am TRULY (not) sorry to inform you that your teaching is abhorrent, as is your spelling, grammar usage, grasp of history and statistics, juxtaposition and history. However, as soon as we decide to produce scholarships for most "Redneckesian" applicants, your application will receive all the attention it deserves.

ANY THOUGHTS???

Let me try to state this as succinctly as possible. You are an idiot and you are raising idiots who will help "dumb-down" the gene pool to such an extent that we'll end up voting for an automotive bailout! ( Really!? They're already of voting age??? Oh, Dear God, where is C.P.S. when YOU really need them???)
A recent study by the Common Sense Coalition shows that home schooled kids get beat up by public school kids around 90% of the time. The study also shows that home schooled children tend to have 100% less friends in life due to their tendency to be LARPers.

Thanks for the original post, it confirms the fact that publicly schooled children are better than you.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
oh no, i cant spell some words. and who said i was a home school student anyway? private school Bitches!! moreover, the only actual questions about the post were Retodded ass questions that were answered in the post, so if i cant spell a word or two, at least i can read and comprehend what is in front of me. it is simple to try and get personal when you have no valid input on a subject, besides, all i was trying to do was figure out who had half a brain in here but so far only one has been found. good luck when all you P.S. people are 60 or 70 and to decayed to work any longer and dont own a house or have any financial security to retire on. looks like my kids will be employing people wipe your asses and spoon feeding you life long losers. enjoy the cot..

p.s. Bingo is on wednesday at 5:30 but sorry, no cash prizes will be awarded.
You make me want to jab pencils in my eyeballs so I can't read your posts any more. Good thing you kept your info hidden or else I'd probably report you as a danger to yourself and those around you.

Private school? Wow, your parents sure overestimated you. Imagine spending thousands of dollars educating your child for him to grow up to be a 26 year old who spells worse than a 1st grader and can't even put a complete thought together.

Do us a favor and eat your fist.
That's what she said.
christocates Wrote:the only actual questions about the post were Retodded (sic) ass questions that were answered in the post

No, they weren't. Where did your made up stats come from? What website is your source? Or is it an email forward?
Lightning Bolt!
Chris, sweetie, you're an effin moron. I too went to private, CATHOLIC school and also attended public school. Does that make me better than anyone else? No only you. Only 1 of my many friends got pregnant in High School and no one I knew ever said they wanted to be a musician or artist... these are called HOBBIES. The reason a staggering 95% of home schooled kids don't lose their virginity until later in life is they lack social skills most kids develop early on. If you don't let your kids socialize with some normal people soon you're going to have a creepy stalker molester living in your basement before long. All anyone replying in this thread want to know is where exactly do your facts come from. I could give a shit about whether or not I went to college, that was my decision. I chose to work, start saving my hard earned money and when I did get pregnant I got responsible for my children and stayed home to raise them while my husband busts his ass for us. I only worked 1 job all through school until I left to stay home. My parents only divorced after high school and so what if we were only middle class? We never went without anything and personally, I know some people who are MONEY baby and they are the bitchiest people in the world. Just because you have money doesn't make you better than anyone else, you only think it does so I see where your priorities lie. Think that makes you entitled to something? Are you any more special? You obviously know how to use a computer, ever heard of spell check? You're a pro at the caps lock button you dickhead. Go play with people who actually like you if you can find any. Tell your children good luck, they're going to need it with a father like you. My kids will probably be spoon feeding and wiping your kids asses after they turn simple from you beating the shit out of them when they disappoint you. Now do us all a favor and go back on your short bus and take a long drive off a short cliff. You a-hole.

P.S- too bad for you about the bingo, I know your broke ass could of used the money.
christocates Wrote:oh no, i cant spell some words. and who said i was a home school student anyway? private school Bitches!! moreover, the only actual questions about the post were Retodded ass questions that were answered in the post, so if i cant spell a word or two, at least i can read and comprehend what is in front of me. it is simple to try and get personal when you have no valid input on a subject, besides, all i was trying to do was figure out who had half a brain in here but so far only one has been found. good luck when all you P.S. people are 60 or 70 and to decayed to work any longer and dont own a house or have any financial security to retire on. looks like my kids will be employing people wipe your asses and spoon feeding you life long losers. enjoy the cot..

p.s. Bingo is on wednesday at 5:30 but sorry, no cash prizes will be awarded.

You provide a link to a reputable website that shows those stats, and I'll actually consider your argument.
The only home school kids I ever knew lived in the trailer park where I used to live when I was married. When we met them is when I decided to start taking my family to going to church. We discovered that she lived with her kids, a boy and a girl, just around the corner in the same park. So our family's started hanging out together. She was widowed and her kids were eleven and thirteen at that time.

From the very beginning of getting to know them, I noticed that the kids were intelligent introverts, very much into there own little world. Both kids had a very strange view of the world. The people at our church were the only outside in-put they had and everyone pretty much thought the same thing. We got to know them very well. Her, her kids, our pastor (who was very a young guy and became my best friend at the time) and my family would hang out and have cook outs, hymn sings, prayer sessions. It was a very weird, very cool time of my life.

As they got older, neither child was allowed to date, but the mom did allow supervised "courting". The Mom's whole focus was on these items in this order. 1. Fear of the Lord. 2. regular church attendance 3. Chastity ie. No rebellious sex. 4. Academics. She was hard and fast with this.

To make a long story a little shorter, Her worst fears were realized because BOTH the boy and the girl had unwanted pregnancy's by the time they were eighteen. So to me the moral of the story is you can guide you kids but ultimately they make their own decisions and if you try to exercise you iron will over them they will rebel. Especially if you try to control their sex life.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I could not agree with Anastasia more. All the H.S. kids I know have no social skills. Yes, they are polite to adults, but no other kids want anything to do with them because they have now idea how to interact with other kids. They try treating them like adults. That doesn't work. We have some in my neighborhood. The Mom is stuck doing everything with them because the kids refuse to. I do feel sorry for the Mom and have suggested that she let the kids get out more, but she's a religious freak who thinks everything is a bad influence. No TV. No movie. No music. Only schooling and the Bible. Sad.
I have a friend that home schools her kids and they are pretty normal, and really smart for their age. They are indeed polite to adults, but she includes them in plenty of extracurricular activities so that they have quite a few friends. Also they go to group home schooling once a week. If ever there were kids that would make me want to home school my own, it would be them. I think that as long as you can separate school time from home time, you can be successful at home schooling. Its the religious freaks like Airhorn talks about that give people a bad feeling towards homeschooling.
65% of all statistics are false.
Wow, OP has 4 posts and 12 smites. That's pretty good!
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I think we scared him off.
home school poster boy:

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/gRZNQ06kWyc&hl=en[/flash]
Oh he is soooo getting his ass kicked even as we speak.
Seriously, I think there is something wrong with him medically or mentally..see how he couldn't keep still or stop moving his hands? I don't think his brain is handling all that useless information too well...overload. :-*
I can't even watch past 1:43 of that video without wanting to punch that kid in the face.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Holy shit, if I were her I'd have reached through the VTC and strangled him. My boyfriend had to restrain me from throwing my computer out the window. Do us a favor kid, keep never leaving your house so you can't reproduce with anyone except your mother, which would result in a retarded child that I would actually have sympathy for.
That's what she said.

ANY THOUGHTS???
Homeschool kids are weird and sheltered alot of the time...

just my observation
I think its the sheltering part of it that screws them up, over protective parents don't allow them kids to gain the social skills they need to function in the world.
My husband so hated PS, that he wants, if we have kids, to HS. I'm not into that. He's asked to send them to some school for nerdy kids. I have a feeling I'm not going to win this battle.
I'd like to send my kids to boarding school, but not because of their education. I like little kids like babies and toddlers, but I don't like the attitudes of adolescents and teenagers. So boarding school seems to be the solution.
That's what she said.
lokizilla Wrote:My husband so hated PS, that he wants, if we have kids, to HS. I'm not into that. He's asked to send them to some school for nerdy kids. I have a feeling I'm not going to win this battle.

See if he'll be willing to meet halfway and send 'em to a private school of sorts. Probably will not have to deal with as much crap as you would at a public school, and will let kids get more socalized than home schooling.
potthole Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:My husband so hated PS, that he wants, if we have kids, to HS. I'm not into that. He's asked to send them to some school for nerdy kids. I have a feeling I'm not going to win this battle.

See if he'll be willing to meet halfway and send 'em to a private school of sorts. Probably will not have to deal with as much crap as you would at a public school, and will let kids get more socalized than home schooling.

His middle ground is a montessori school. He states if he can't have HS, he won't do PS, or private school that is structured. This excerpt is from Wikipedia:

The Montessori method is characterized by an emphasis on self-directed activity on the part of the child and clinical observation on the part of the teacher (often called a director, directress, or guide). It stresses the importance of adapting the child's learning environment to his or her developmental level, and of the role of physical activity in absorbing abstract concepts and practical skills. It also characterized by the use of autodidactic (self-correcting) equipment for introduction and learning of various concepts.
I would love to send my kids to some kind of alternative school. The kind that focuses heavily on a particular course of study while still getting the basics. This is one reason why a lot of other countries are starting to surpass the U.S. We say, "If you're not good at math there is something wrong with you. Here's more homework." They say, "Oh you're not good at math, but I see you're really good at science. Here are some science courses you may be interested in. Let's focus on that."
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.