Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions 0-16?
I have been under the thinking that they are bad enough to go 0-16, but always thought that in the NFL, it would be too hard to actually suck that bad. With only 4 games left, and the weakest team left to play being the Packers, at Lambeau Field, in December, I'm thinking that it is now inevitable.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
It's looking real bad. They blew every shot they had at winning.. and now they have the Vikes and Saints (I'm predicting 500 yds and 6 td's for Brees) at home and away at Indy and GB. I guess all you can hope for is they get the #1 pick, which is more or less a foregone conclusion, and either trade it down for more picks and get a decent outside lb. Hell, they could probably trade down and still get Harrel, Tebow, or Bradford if they want to see if they can not ruin another quarterback. They've already got two first-rounders.. they could easily end up with two first round picks and two second rounders.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
They are the worst Pro football team ever, and if anyone is going to go 0-16 it is this bunch. I've been a die hard fan since I was 4years old. But they lost me.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
They got slammed hard by our Titans on Thanksgiving.....well, at least they got 10 points. LOL
lokizilla Wrote:They got slammed hard by our Titans on Thanksgiving.....well, at least they got 10 points. LOL

Yes and the touchdown was a gift.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I think the first possession for each team pretty much summed up how it was going to turn out..
Lions: 2 snaps, tO
Titans: 2 snaps, tD.
Nuff said.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
Mad Dog Wrote:They are the worst Pro football team ever, and if anyone is going to go 0-16 it is this bunch. I've been a die hard fan since I was 4years old. But they lost me.

ouch, i feel your pain being a die hard vikings fan all my life. you do have it quite tougher than me tho. at least my team does win a few to give you hope and even reach the playoffs every so often just to get blown out in the first round.

considering right now we have one of the best teams in the NFL right now (minus an elite QB). which is why we sitting where we are.

as for your lions tho. its pretty bad when they end up with what? top 5 picks in the last 5 drafts or so and they still are always at the bottom of the pack. the lions will make a come back someday i would think. i mean look at the browns and the bengals. they use to be the laughing stock of the league.
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
The Browns and the Bengals still are the laughingstock of the league, more or less. The Bungles had a few good seasons, but when you play the Steelers and Ravens twice a year, you gotta be better than just good. They have a qb and two wideouts with Pro Bowl talent, but Palmer still looks gunshy from his injuries, Ocho Cinco couldn't spell team if you gave him a dictionary, and Housh is like Reggie Wayne.. An excellent #2, but not a top-flight #1.

And the Browns were a fluke. There's a reason they only gave Anderson a three year deal after his great year last season.. They can cut him loose after this year and not take a big hit on the salary cap and still have Quinn as a starter and under contract for three years or so. Think Don Majkowski and his few good years in GB, and then he comes to Detroit and (predictably) tanks.. or Scott Mitchell.. or any other free agent qb Detroit's tried to bring in. ...and yet, I still root for them.
There should be a party when the Lions win the record for most lost games.
Just got back from a 7 hour ride after sitting in the Dawg Pound and watching the Browns lose a horrible game to the Colts. I found that the Lions at least have one good thing on us, they have a dome... Yet still nobody goes to their games.
Nobody wants to be known as the one team the Lions beat, and their schedule is tough. 0-16.
Ok. So the Lions are pretty bad this year. I'm a Bengals fan by default and we've only won one game. But look at it like this, if the preseason counted, the Lions would have 1 win! They did beat Cincy, the 2nd worst team in the NFL!!
KYweedgrl Wrote:Ok. So the Lions are pretty bad this year. I'm a Bengals fan by default and we've only won one game. But look at it like this, if the preseason counted, the Lions would have 1 win! They did beat Cincy, the 2nd worst team in the NFL!!
Actually they went undefeated in the preseason. That's what makes it sting so bad. They gave us a little glimmer of hope only when it didn't count.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Sorry. I won't bitch about the Bengals anymore!
KYweedgrl Wrote:Sorry. I won't bitch about the Bengals anymore!
Go right ahead. I wouldn't want to have a team better suited for the prison leagues anyway. Wink
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
"What do you call a bunch of millionaires watching the Super Bowl?"

The Cinicinnati Bengals!

And yes, we do have a large roster of criminals!!
are you sure you know what the hell your talking about. you know you watch the lions play ball. you know how bad they are. how's the bookers?
heineken49424 Wrote:are you sure you know what the hell your talking about. you know you watch the lions play ball. you know how bad they are. how's the bookers?

I only watch them when I go to BWW cuz they aren't broadcast here except on Turkey Day!

As for the bookers, there's still a little left... ( a very little!)

What are we betting on next?? Smile
It's the Lions, they will find a way to win and let us all down once again.
dolph Wrote:It's the Lions, they will find a way to win and let us all down once again.
This is very true.
I thought they were going to let us down today. what a stinker of a game. The vikes didn't show up either.
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I saw the score and all I could think of was this freakin thread . . . gosh I lead a Effed up life.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Plumpe, Queenie, you two scared the hell out of me for a minute! You made me think they won, but then I googled it, and then I stopped panicking. I want that 0-16 shirt for my future father in law.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Yeah, they had the game in hand. But like a dumbass, Marinelli kept callin run plays on second and third down right into the two all-Pro DT's. Hello.. they just got nailed for taking a masking agent for steroids. You think maybe running AWAY from them would be a good idea. On the plus side, though, Megatron and Kevin Smith looked good again. At least there's some hope for the future, if their front office can get their heads out of their asses. And Gosder.. making a ridiculously obvious chop block on one of the highest paid players in the game.. He's gunna get suspended. Dumbass. Good job taking him in the first round.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:And Gosder.. making a ridiculously obvious chop block on one of the highest paid players in the game.. He's gunna get suspended. Dumbass. Good job taking him in the first round.
I held my head down lower than normal as a Lion fan after that. I don't think it was intentionally done to be malicious but he should have known better.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:And Gosder.. making a ridiculously obvious chop block on one of the highest paid players in the game.. He's gunna get suspended. Dumbass. Good job taking him in the first round.

I highly doubt he will be suspended. It was a cheap shot, yes, but legal. I'm just happy to see them still trying, and not giving up 3 seconds into the play.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:I highly doubt he will be suspended. It was a cheap shot, yes, but legal. I'm just happy to see them still trying, and not giving up 3 seconds into the play.

Probably not, but he should be. And I'm not quite sure on the legality of it.. and if that's "trying", I'd rather see them give up. You don't pull that kind of block (already on your knees, and then driving your helmet in a moving man's knee) unless you have no regard for your fellow player. The ball was moving downfield and Allen had no chance to make a play. It absolutely infuriated me, and I was hoping no one would step in between Allen and the cheater. If Marinelli's the kind of standup guy he and his supporters claim him to be, he'll punish him somehow and publicly.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:Probably not, but he should be. And I'm not quite sure on the legality of it.. and if that's "trying", I'd rather see them give up. You don't pull that kind of block (already on your knees, and then driving your helmet in a moving man's knee) unless you have no regard for your fellow player. The ball was moving down field and Allen had no chance to make a play. It absolutely infuriated me, and I was hoping no one would step in between Allen and the cheater. If Marinelli's the kind of standup guy he and his supporters claim him to be, he'll punish him somehow and publicly.

This is a complete double standard. You damn Cherilus for blocking a guy that "is too far away to make a play" (which I disagree with, b/c if Culpepper took off running, Allen would have caught up to him) but Allen was still in pursuit. So the O-lineman has to make a split second decision weather to give up or not? Yet is OK for the D to keep playing? You have to play to the whistle. I don't care if the ball is 75 yards away. You are an o-lineman, you block anyone moving in the direction of the ball, especially if the ball is in your QB's hands.

P.S. - please explain how this block was illegal.
For the record, it was legal.. I will give you that. But in a league where guys play through pain and put themselves in harms way on any given play, to have someone intentionally chop you like that is ridiculous. It should never be tolerated.

As for playing to the whistle, that's fine. But again, it goes to playing with dignity. As far as I could tell, Culpepper had already taken off running and was in the process of throwing the ball as Allen got "blocked" away from the play. I would post concrete video evidence, but because the NFL doesn't like it when clips show up on YouTube or anywhere else I'm just left with what I saw from a few different camera angles during the game.

It boils down to the fact that I thought it was cheap, disgusting and showed no respect for the other players out there. I might cut Cherilus a little slack if he was a quality lineman, but the guy gets beat like a rented mule and racks up false starts like that's what he's getting paid for.

So, I guess I'll cede the arguement to you. But you'll never convince me that what he did was the right way to play the game.
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:As for playing to the whistle, that's fine. But again, it goes to playing with dignity. As far as I could tell, Culpepper had already taken off running and was in the process of throwing the ball as Allen got "blocked" away from the play.

Cherilus had no Idea if Culpepper was already throwing the ball or not. He saw a D-Lineman coming after his QB, and blocked him.

Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:I might cut Cherilus a little slack if he was a quality lineman, but the guy gets beat like a rented mule and racks up false starts like that's what he's getting paid for.

I believe you should never cut a guy some slack because of his playing ability. Maybe if someone like Barry Sanders had a dirty play, because of reputation, but never because of ability.

I'm not trying to argue here, sorry if it comes across that way.
Rock Monster Wrote:I'm not trying to argue here, sorry if it comes across that way.

[Image: liar1.jpg]

Wink
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
so, were the lions okay when they played my vikes or were the vikings just sloppy

i say the ladder
also

lol_lions
imatoolhed Wrote:also

lol_lions
If the Lions hadn't kept letting us fans down time after time, I would so smite you! Wink
hey i'm a vikings fan, so that ain't much

i'd smite me anyways plz
imatoolhed Wrote:so, were the lions okay when they played my vikes or were the vikings just sloppy

i say the ladder

latter
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
imatoolhed Wrote:so, were the lions okay when they played my vikes or were the vikings just sloppy

i say the ladder

step or extension?
jus' P Wrote:

i say the ladder

step or extension?

Little Giant covers it all. Richard Karn (aka Al Borland) knows whats up.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Rock Monster Wrote:This is a complete double standard.

Rock Monster Wrote:I believe you should never cut a guy some slack because of his playing ability. Maybe if someone like Barry Sanders had a dirty play, because of reputation, but never because of ability.

<sniff sniff> Is that a double standard I smell? Wink
I'd have to say the Lions played ok, but their playcalling was horrendous. As Taravis Jackson, I think his success was partly playing the Lions.. but we'll see.
Admin Wrote:

i say the ladder

latter

lol_spell check

me bad grammer... yes i noe i spelt that wrong