Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griffins game last night was awesome!
Okay so I haven't been to a game at Van Andel in a long time but last night was a blast.

A group of about 18 of us went to celebrate my friend's 21st birthday. If you were at the game, my friend was the one who received roses from the mascot.

Random thoughts from the game:

- Eric Zane is awesome as the PA announcer. The pre-game intros gave me chills and it's cool that he calls GR "Hockey Town West"...even though I'm a Blackhawks fan.

- The kiss-cam was pretty funny, especially when that one chick reached over one guy to kiss the other guy.

- The game had everything. Lots of goals and some fights, although Downey kind of lost his fight.

- The D-Zone didn't impress me. It wasn't very loud at all but hey maybe it's fun when you're in it.

- I loved the corny thing with Sgt. Slaughter choking out that kid. My friends and I went to high school with the kid so it was hilarious to us.

-That tee-shirt gun is cool but it needs to have more range. It didn't reach the upper deck. I guess that's what we get for being cheap.

- $1 beer/$1 hot dogs is great...except later on I got kicked out of McFadden's for being too drunk. :'(
Hockey games are indeed fun.
I went to one a few weeks back. I have been to them before but never on the glass. That experience bumped hockey to #2 on my fav sport list. It used to be #5 just behind baseball.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.