Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you Hate Christmas?
I don't mind Christmas day but I HATE the lead up to Christmas. And as a side note I really hate Christmas music. Please daddy don't get drunk this Christmas, I don't wanna see my momma cry!!!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I hate the commercialization of Christmas. I hate the secularization of Christmas. I hate the accompanying weather.

I like the music (after the snow falls in December until the day after Christmas). I love the lights. I love the time off work.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I disagree. I love the build up. This year I started at Halloween getting myself in the Christmas mindset.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I hate the music
I hate buying gifts for people
I love spoiling my kids and wife
I love spending time with my cursing grandma and my goofy assed cousins and brother.

I wish it would snow and be cold for about 3-5 days around Christmas so that i could sled a couple times and have white clean snow on Christmas Day, then warm back up to 65-70
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I love driving and flashing my lights to 'Dominic the Donkey'

Chingity Ching Eeee Ahhhh Eeee Ahhhh!!!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I hate the music
I hate buying gifts for people
I love spoiling my kids and wife
I love spending time with my cursing grandma and my goofy assed cousins and brother.

I wish it would snow and be cold for about 3-5 days around Christmas so that i could sled a couple times and have white clean snow on Christmas Day, then warm back up to 65-70

I second the emotion....I dread when Christmas comes or even Birthdays....lists of greedy things people want. Talking my co-workers into sending cards to the wounded soldiers this year was easier than last year.
Opps i screwed up my poll the last one was supposed to be "I like it but I wish I had more money to buy presents" Sorry. Can anyone fix it?
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
lokizilla Wrote:I second the emotion....I dread when Christmas comes or even Birthdays....lists of greedy things people want. Talking my co-workers into sending cards to the wounded soldiers this year was easier than last year.

I'm going the "Human Fund" route this year.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
nope, stuck that way forever.

fore-ehhh-ver, fore-ehh-ver, fore-ehh-ver
Admin Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:I second the emotion....I dread when Christmas comes or even Birthdays....lists of greedy things people want. Talking my co-workers into sending cards to the wounded soldiers this year was easier than last year.

Human Fund??? I usually give to Toys for Tots, send Christmas Cards to wounded soldiers, or something interesting.....I just can't stand getting gifts for Christmas. Don't get me wrong it makes me smile, that someone would think of me that way, but think, "This person doesn't know me at all." If my Mom gets me one more stupid cat sweater I'm going to scream.
lokizilla Wrote:If my Mom gets me one more stupid cat sweater I'm going to scream.

Get ready to scream!! Wink Actually, I think you'll have to laugh at this one!!

[Image: 2004081209.jpg]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
christmas would be more fun if there were more kids around. my nieces, nephews, little cousins, kids of friends, etc already get so much junk and attention. they don't even get excited about it anymore.
it's pretty fun spending time with family though.
I like shopping, I hate spending money. I like giving presents, I hate spending money. I like decorating, I hate taking it down. I hate Christmas music except for Carol of the Bells. I enjoy a good holiday movie like Love Actually. And I would like Christmas season to be a solid 2 weeks, no more.
That's what she said.
My 3yr old has managed to work the words "Christmas tree", into about every other sentence for about a week now. It started with a pic from a magazine. Even though times are tough for everyone, I am still hoping for a pleasant Christmas, with limited squabbling and a minimum amount of " this sucks"
Queenie Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:If my Mom gets me one more stupid cat sweater I'm going to scream.

Yeah, I started laughing so hard when I saw it.
I love Christmas, but miss my Mom not being here for it anymore.
I hate shopping, but I love giving gifts. I hate gift "restrictions" and I am breaking one this year. If I want to buy you a present, I will. If I don't, I won't. Christmas doesn't have to be stressful at all, only if you choose to make it that way. It gets cumbersome when people try to overdo it. Then you live with it for months after the fact. I have very fond memories of wonderful Christmases and all I got was a doll or a race track.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:...Christmas doesn't have to be stressful at all, only if you choose to make it that way. ...

-OR-

If your divorced parents choose to make it stressful for you.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:...Christmas doesn't have to be stressful at all, only if you choose to make it that way. ...

-OR-

winner winner chicken dinner

try having kids on top of that.

To make everyone happy I have to attend:

Wife's mother's family dinner x2
Wife's father's family dinner
My mom's family dinner
My dad's family dinner
plus go back to my inlaws for christmas day.

and If we miss one....well i don't want to talk about it :-[
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:-OR-

My mom's family dinner
My dad's family dinner

Mom's
Step-dad's family
Dad's
Dad's Family
Step-Mom's Family
G/F Family

Yeaaaa...... we love the holidays. I'm getting to the point where I'm like Eff you, I'm doing what makes me happy. Once I have kids, I'll just use them as an excuse.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."

My mom's family dinner
My dad's family dinner

Isn't this the plot of "Four Christmases"
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Rock Monster Wrote:Once I have kids, I'll just use them as an excuse.

good luck with that. I told my mom that we weren't going anywhere for Thanksgiving, trying to ease everyone into the idea that soon they'll be coming to our house if they want to see us, well she didn't call me for a week and was able to make my brother pissed at me for not going to her Thanksgiving.

This Christmas will hopefully be the last of the running around for a while. I'll cart the new baby around to show everyone this year but next year i'm parking my fat ass in front of the tv and playing my new video games or will be wrenching my new christmas parts on my motorcycle and playing with my son, not running the roads all over hell.

Feltersnatch out!
Admin Wrote:

+1 for the Seinfeld reference.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Jiggy Wrote:Isn't this the plot of "Four Christmases"

'Where's my motherEffing movie check!'
dino Wrote:
Admin Wrote:I'm going the "Human Fund" route this year.
+1 for the Seinfeld reference.

Merry Festivas.
Queenie Wrote:

Where can I buy THAT sweater??? I have a brother who REALLY deserves it. That WOULD make me feel all Christmasy inside!!
All right Grinches, Christmas only comes once a year...and it's the most wonderful time of the year.....though it is hard to get in the spirit when the stores put Halloween shit out with the Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff too. Makes it overwhelming. Most of us have kids so it's really all about them, isn't it?

I only buy presents for children and my parents...everyone else gets kids pictures, but in a nice frame. I usually buy practical gifts, not just something I picked up on sale, something they can use. It would make the holidays better if most people shopped like that....my stepmother got me some hideous costume jewelry and bath soap that smelled like poo scented raspberrys last year. nice.
If CHRISTmas is celebrated for it's true meaning. I have no problem with it.

This Black Friday b/s just shows how pathetic this society has become.

The season is not about gifts!!! It's about CHRIST!!!!

Might as well change it to giftmas. Animals.

That wasn't intended for anyone in particular. Just society in general.
your momma Wrote:All right Grinches, Christmas only comes once a year...and it's the most wonderful time of the year.....though it is hard to get in the spirit when the stores put Halloween shit out with the Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff too. Makes it overwhelming. Most of us have kids so it's really all about them, isn't it?

I only buy presents for children and my parents...everyone else gets kids pictures, but in a nice frame. I usually buy practical gifts, not just something I picked up on sale, something they can use. It would make the holidays better if most people shopped like that....my stepmother got me some hideous costume jewelry and bath soap that smelled like poo scented raspberrys last year. nice.

My kids are grown and probably STILL grumbling about the sparkly socks we found them last year!! Thanksgiving is OUR Holiday, as it involves being thankful for something, whereas Christmas has become a "whore holiday" of " hopin' sumptin good is comin"...( and complaining when it doesn't!). As a practicing Pastafarian, "May His Noodly appendage Protect and Nourish you. " R'amen...
Where is the nearest Pastafarian Church I think I'd like to attend. I feel I need nourishment form "His Noodly Appendage"
ummmmm pastaaaaaaaaaa
airhornahole Wrote:If CHRISTmas is celebrated for it's true meaning. I have no problem with it.

I totally agree with you, and I should have added that in my post.
But this is just the way society is, as much as it does suck. So I gotta make the best of it, I gotta make sure my kids have a wonderful Christmas, and BTW they do know the real story of Christmas, not just gimme gimme gimme...and I gotta make sure my kids visit their relatives cause there are a couple that we don't know if they'll even be around next Christmas. I can't be negative around my girls or else they'll turn out to be negative little brats.
Ana, I kind of love your avatar.
That's what she said.
airhornahole Wrote:If CHRISTmas is celebrated for it's true meaning. I have no problem with it.

i don't celebrate christ.
but i have the day off anyway, so i have my own fun.
that's from society in general.

as far as black friday, yes, trampling people to death for a friggin sale is stupid. totally agree.
Allyson Wrote:Ana, I kind of love your avatar.

Thank you very much...I think it's a keeper. I think the other one was scarring people off.
If the Chrismas season started Dec 1, I would appreciate it more. I hate when it starts before Halloween. As soon as Dec hits, Christmas and I are cool. Not before.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:If the Chrismas season started Dec 1, I would appreciate it more. I hate when it starts before Halloween. As soon as Dec hits, Christmas and I are cool. Not before.

I agree with you. Tired of seeing Christmas gifts and Buy-Me lists before the 1st.
I personally avoid the section of Walmart and any other store that has christmas stuff up in October. And when I walk by the bell ringing beggars at the door and they tell me merry christmas the monday before Thanksgiving, I reply with "happy Thanksgiving". But December 1st I recognize the Christmas Season until New Years Eve, all my Christmas decorations must be down by then, as per my husband.

My mom's family dinner
My dad's family dinner

Sounds like my christmas
Mad Dog Wrote:Where is the nearest Pastafarian Church I think I'd like to attend. I feel I need nourishment form "His Noodly Appendage"

Wherever two or more gather to suck up his Noodly Goodness, there shall he be. ( Go to your nearest Pastaria.)
Jiggy Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:winner winner chicken dinner

My mom's family dinner
My dad's family dinner

Isn't this the plot of "Four Christmases"

Husband's Parents Christmas
Husband's Grandma's Christmas
My Parents Christmas
Grandparents Christmas (skipping this one)

Both of our parents are still married over 30 years, and still 4 Christmas get togethers....I protest