Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Avery's "Ex-Girlfriend" Comment
I started this yesterday in the sports forum, but since the show is talking about it next segment I figured it would get some face here.

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...hread=2523
Yeah, the show's stance is exactly what I was hoping for. zane's right, I can't believe he'd even get one game for this let alone an indefinite suspension.

lol the look he makes after he says sloppy seconds is priceless.
This has to be the first time that anyone has used the phrase "sloppy seconds" in an interview on TV. I am so glad he said that, it made me laugh my ass off!
yeah, sean avery's a douche, and someday I wish him luck at managing a denny's, but that was pretty funny...sound's like someone had a messy breakup. [drop] stop being such a pussy!![/drop]
I would be spiteful too if someone as hot as elisha cuthburt was not with me anymore, girl is hot!

but Avery is an ass, will always be an ass and i am MORE than happy that his ass got suspended. Good Job!
Go Stars!
Should have been a fine and not a suspension. The NHL is managed one day at a time.
Avery got a lifetime acheivement award. The NHL wanted to suspend him for the stick swinging tactic in last years playoff, but couldn't. Gary Bettman is a dip ass and is just following the NFL's lead with the personl conduct BS. Give Avery some credit though, even though he a huge dick and ayone who has met him can attest, how often does a third line guy get the spotlight shined on him. He's taken the Dennis Rodman route to fame, nobody talked about him until his off field antics either.
theterribletwist Wrote:Go Stars!

Good luck with that...GO WINGS Big Grin
ChampKind Wrote:yeah, sean avery's a douche, and someday I wish him luck at managing a denny's, but that was pretty funny...sound's like someone had a messy breakup. [drop] stop being such a pussy!![/drop]

life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
Watched the original clip, and then read the censored article.

According to that article he was suspended for saying :

"I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my (former girlfriends)"

Seriously, the words Sloppy and Seconds need to be censored?? Especially since that is the point of the story??
There's no reason for a suspension other than the league (read Gary Bettman) has it in for him. If Crosby had said something like that it would be nothing but high words of praise from the league and Dion Pfanneuf would be suspended for hurting his feelings by dating his sloppy seconds.
The stars just cut him because of this...
Seriously?
Wtf.
Every team needs a real twat who can pester (get in their Kitchen) the other guys. Worth a suspension? Nah. But when Dallas tossed him they said they are not going to challenge his 4 year NEW 15.6 million dollar contract. I'll say anything about anyone for that kind of cash.
dolph Wrote:He's taken the Dennis Rodman route to fame
i avoid giving dennis rodman any credit whenever possible too.

egowx Wrote:Every team needs a real twat who can pester (get in their Kitchen) the other guys.
i think the only issue with this is he tracks mud in his own teammates' kitchens. did you see the reactions from turco and the other guys? pretty much hung him out to dry.
that would be my guess as why the stars cut him. but yes, i think it should have been up to the stars to deal with it all along, not the league.
dingdongyo Wrote:.
i think the only issue with this is he tracks mud in his own teammates' kitchens. did you see the reactions from turco and the other guys? pretty much hung him out to dry.
that would be my guess as why the stars cut him. but yes, i think it should have been up to the stars to deal with it all along, not the league.
the only reaction from the stars in relation to avery was after the bruins game a few weeks ago (avery hitting guys from behind and generally being a goon) when mike modano, a true face of the stars, the league and longtime vet, said something to the effect of "if this is the way this organization is going to play hockey then its time for me to get a front office job somewhere."
if averys own teammates and a league legend are hanging him out to dry, you know its bad.
the nhl has something most leagues dont, and thats a practice of self-policing among players. hockey players (unlike most major sports stars, despite what they may say) have an ultimate respect for the game they play and the guys they play against. even when theres a fight, you see two players talk, decide they both want to go, punch each others lights out, and stop when someone gets dropped or when the linesmen come in... theres no punching guys when theyre down, no sticks to the head, etc.
avery doesnt have this respect for the game, hes always been a punkass cheapshot artist who turtles when its time to pay the piper for a dirty hit. everyone in the league knows this, and his comments made it even more clear to the whole league that he has no respect for the game, something hockey players have always taken so seriously.
if avery hadnt been dealt with by the league, his punishment would have been on the ice, and would have been waaaay more severe. i hope he enjoys his anger management classes and makes it back to a hockey league somewhere in north america so i can watch him get absolutely demolished by someone, somewhere.