Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uuuuuuuuuulahen!
lol I had to post this. Zane built this up throughout the day, saying he was right and that he said it right.

Epic fail.

If you don't podcast already (you're insane), this segment alone is proof enough it's worth it.

We don't link podcast audio here. It's a copyright violation and could lead to the board being shutdown. Thanks.
*/me learns.*

anywho, zane says it uuuuuuulahen, not Oh-la-hen.
what ever he says it just fine
he does. and I heard it live, watching Zane say it 3 rows in front of me at the van andel, and it was just fine.

I pride myself in being able to pronounce last names of most NHLers and all he Griffs. Although it is hard to pass up mocking Zane.
zetsyuk Wrote:lol I had to post this. Zane built this up throughout the day, saying he was right and that he said it right.

Epic fail.

If you don't podcast already (you're insane), this segment alone is proof enough it's worth it.

We don't link podcast audio here. It's a copyright violation and could lead to the board being shutdown. Thanks.

If it was a copyright violation to play clips of a show, FBHW would be broke from all the lawsuits by now.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
It's a copyright law because the clips come from the podcast which has to be bought. Thats business. There is a product - there needs to be compensation. If it is posted here people can listen for free and the show (and others involved) get no reward for their hardwork.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Not necessarily. Who says it's from the podcast? It airs on the radio for free. It's like when FBHW take clips from TV shows after recording them. I don't know what the original poster linked but I doubt it was the whole show. If he is posting the podcast then yes, but I'm just saying that posting clips from a radio show isn't a copyright violation and I highly doubt the forum will be shutdown because of it. Also I'm sure podcasters aren't getting the podcast JUST so they can listen to the 1 extra local segment.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
daredevil1 Wrote:Not necessarily. Who says it's from the podcast? It airs on the radio for free. It's like when FBHW take clips from TV shows after recording them. I don't know what the original poster linked but I doubt it was the whole show. If he is posting the podcast then yes, but I'm just saying that posting clips from a radio show isn't a copyright violation and I highly doubt the forum will be shutdown because of it.

It's copyrighted material. What they're using on the show (public domain) isn't the same as posting segments from the podcasts (which cost money).

Proboards is a pretty strict hosting company.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Well that's funny then because you'd think it would've been shut down all those other times I linked short clips of the show and nobody said anything.

Admin Wrote:It's copyrighted material. What they're using on the show (public domain) isn't the same as posting segments from the podcasts (which cost money).

Yes I know but you're missing my point. It could have been recorded off the radio, not taken from a podcast.
daredevil1 Wrote:Well that's funny then because you'd think it would've been shut down all those other times I linked short clips of the show and nobody said anything.

???
Please show one example of where you have posted audio....
???
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
daredevil1 Wrote:Well that's funny then because you'd think it would've been shut down all those other times I linked short clips of the show and nobody said anything.

Silence isn't permission. It may have been missed. I don't have time to read every single post here nor do any of the other moderators.

daredevil1 Wrote:Yes I know but you're missing my point. It could have been recorded off the radio, not taken from a podcast.

It was a podcast. I can tell the difference.

Also, it's not just about proboards. It's about respecting the show and their hard work. They don't want the podcasts handed out willy nilly and have said as much on the show several times.

I happen to respect them and their hard work and don't intend to bastardize it. You might not agree but that is the way it is. It has been argued here ad nausem and it's non-negotiable. Sorry.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Rock Monster Wrote:

???
???

Why?
Admin Wrote:It was a podcast. I can tell the difference.

You can? Do people post recordings of the radio a lot that you have compared them to the podcasts?

Admin Wrote:Also, it's not just about proboards. It's about respecting the show and their hard work. They don't want the podcasts handed out willy nilly and have said as much on the show several times.

Once again, not talking about the podcasts.
daredevil1 Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:???
???

Why?

Because you're lying. You haven't posted a single audio clip from the show.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
daredevil1 Wrote:
Admin Wrote:It was a podcast. I can tell the difference.

You can? Do people post recordings of the radio a lot that you have compared them to the podcasts?

www.rif.org

zetsyuk Wrote:If you don't podcast already (you're insane), this segment alone is proof enough it's worth it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
daredevil1 Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:???
???

Why?

Because if you make a statement like you did, and want to be taken seriously, it's generally considered a wise idea to back up your claim... in this case, show us where you've posted audio.
Back to the original topic, I just got NHL 09 for the PC, where you can play AHL teams as well as NHL teams, and the announcer pronounces it "OOH-la-hen".

Hardly an official source, but I found it interesting when I was playing.
dudeshadoway Wrote:Back to the original topic, I just got NHL 09 for the PC, where you can play AHL teams as well as NHL teams, and the announcer pronounces it "OOH-la-hen".

Hardly an official source, but I found it interesting when I was playing.

This is coming from the same series that pronounced Alexander Semin's last name like ejaculate Sea-men - instead of correctly pronouncing it Sem-in.

Also, I had about a 3 second clip in my original post of Zane saying Oooohlahen. And it was from the podcast.