Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitch about the Red Wings
Avid, die hard fan here. Thought a thread of this persuasion would be a decent vent for the hard core Wings fan. I love my team, but I always have a gripe.

Current gripe:

Andreas Lilja and Brett Lebda. I mean for real, why not keep Quincy? Even before he left and showed what he could do with more ice time. Why play defenseman that give the puck away so much? I mean at least don't HURT your team.

Ok, I feel better. Plus, Hossa scoring a goal ALWAYS cheers me up.
What I'm not liking is when Holmstrom is out they put Cleary on the 1st line to get in front of the net. WHY? I thought the first line was for people who had a lot of skill. I like Cleary he's a good player, but why not replace a big body with another big body who is pretty good at blocking the view as well? If you put Franzen up on the first line to replace Holmstrom I think you'd get more goals out of your first line. But I guess that's why Babcock gets paid the millions and I don't.
cuppie Wrote:What I'm not liking is when Holmstrom is out they put Cleary on the 1st line to get in front of the net. WHY? I thought the first line was for people who had a lot of skill. I like Cleary he's a good player, but why not replace a big body with another big body who is pretty good at blocking the view as well? If you put Franzen up on the first line to replace Holmstrom I think you'd get more goals out of your first line. But I guess that's why Babcock gets paid the millions and I don't.

Would you rather have 1 great line, that the other team can match up the best defenders against, or have 4 really good lines that is impossible to match up against? I think this is why Hank and Pavel are on different lines.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
zetsyuk Wrote:Andreas Lilja and Brett Lebda. I mean for real, why not keep Quincy? Even before he left and showed what he could do with more ice time. Why play defenseman that give the puck away so much? I mean at least don't HURT your team.

Lilja is a big body and Lebda is an energy guy. Quincy can't match either of those qualities. They kept what they needed.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
That's fine but you're still going to have 3 really good lines that it's going to be impossible to match up against. You would have Datsuyk, Hossa, and Franzen on line 1. Zetterberg, Cleary, and Hudler on Line 2. Maltby, Draper, and Filppula on line 3. Those are 3 solid lines that anybody would want to have on their team.
the lines I'd like to see would be this:

Happy Hudler - Datsyuk - Hossa

The Mule - Zetterberg - Homer

Kopecky - Filppula - Samuelsson

Malts - Drapes - Cleary

I think with more ice time Hudler could be a scoring machine. Then put the mule with two players who work the boards very well and have him troll the slot. Kopecky and Filppula have already shown good signs playing together. I like someone who shoots on that line. and Draper and Maltby play great defense, so Cleary on that line to cause some havoc in front of the net.
how the hell could you possibly bitch about the team you have now?

gah...you wanna talk about bitching about a team? I could write a Effin book. Wings look poised to be cup favorites again becuase, lets face it, San Jose will probably choke in the playoffs....again....no matter how much I wish roenick would win it once.
flyersfantn Wrote:how the hell could you possibly bitch about the team you have now?

gah...you wanna talk about bitching about a team? I could write a effin book. Wings look poised to be cup favorites again becuase, lets face it, San Jose will probably choke in the playoffs....again....no matter how much I wish roenick would win it once.

JR deserves to win a cup once before he retires. As far as how could we bitch about the wings? It's more of a vent for anxiety. When your team has the highest possible expectations, you want them to live up to those expectations, and anything less is unacceptable.
I'm not bitching about the team, but more about how they don't look quite as good as they are expected. They won last night against Calgary but I'm still pissed about that game. They looked like a bunch of amateurs for the first 45 minutes of that game and then something just clicked and they came back and won it. I did like the juggling of lines last night. It was nice to see different players playing on different lines. I liked the Hossa Zetterberg line. Those two together did some real good.
yeah, but I guess its hard to understand. Cant remember the last time we had really high expectations. and, until recently, if you are a philly sports fan you knew that those expectations were going to fall the Eff apart at some point anyways.

Look at the flyers now, we're about 1 or two more solid defensemen, and a good goalie away from being a cup caliber team. acquiring a good goalie while trying to work under the cap situation we have is going to be damn near impossible. for now I guess we're stuck with the inconsistent Marty "rebound" Biron.

Thank God for Carter and Richards though. also looks like gagne's getting his shit back together too.
Yeah I can't imagine being a Flyers fan. I'd say you need a youth movement, but that's already happened the last 5 years. Bring Forsberg back?
We as Detroit fans have our hopes and dreams crushed by the Lions and especially last year by the Tigers. We know what it's like. The thing with the Wings is even with the salary cap, we have the smartest GM in all of sports with Ken Holland. It does help that he has a team that people want to play for and will take a lower amount of money to do it so they have the best chance to win the cup. That helps him but he's still a great GM.
yeah maybe they can somehow sign franzen and hossa at the end of the year
How the hell do they lose to the Dallas Stars? They couldn't even score on the Power Play! Detroit has the best power play in the NHL and Dallas' penalty kill is 28th ranked and they couldn't EFFING SCORE!
hahaha go ahead and bitch about ur wings. pens are taking the cup back this year. and oh yea.. Eff hossa!
alpacafarmer Wrote:hahaha go ahead and bitch about ur wings. pens are taking the cup back this year. and oh yea.. eff hossa!

"taking the cup back" implies that you have won it in the last 15 years. You haven't. We've won it 4 times since then. Actually, we've won it more times in the last 12 years than you have even been in the finals. Maybe try winning something before you actually try talking crap.
You're just pissed because Hossa wanted to play for a team that can win a stanley cup instead of sucking in the finals. Crosby is a bitch. Nothing but a winey little pussy. The only thing that would have made Detroit winning the cup better last season would be if Crosby ran into Kronwall. If you don't remember what that looks like here's a replay

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/6BdgnVNxVmk&hl=en[/flash]

If that was Crosby getting hit I would have loved it even more.

Oh yeah and don't forget about this. Right now the records for both teams stand as this, Pitt- 16-10-4 36 points Detroit 20-5-4 44 points. +/- for Pitt +13 Detroit +15 and that's with less than stellar goaltending. Eat it Pittsburgh, if it weren't for Lemieux you wouldn't even have a team anymore. He single handedly kept the penguins in pittsburgh. You won't see the Red Wings ever having rumors of leaving Detroit.
There is no way we're keeping all three free agents. So, what two do you keep, between Zetterberg, Hossa, and Franzen. As muc as I like the Mule I'm hoping he's the one that goes. He was bitch to sign when his original contract was up and he hadn't done anything yet. It wouldn't suprise me if he and his agent tried to get him a contract similar to Dustin Penner's in Edmonton and I don't think he's worth 4.5 million a year.
well, at least theres plenty of Pens hate to go around. I can get on board with that.

and yes, crosby does have giant vagina.
I HATE how the media sucks Crosby's D. He's not even the best player on his team! I would also take Ovechkin (sp?) over him any day!
There's already been talks that Franzen would be gone. They're obviously going to sign Zetterberg. The reality is they are going to either try to retain Hossa or Franzen and if anybody has to pick they're going to pick Hossa.
Osgood is the luckiest goalie alive. He is not a good goalie.

I don't know why people cant see this.

I hope Howie is gettin ready for the big time.
Career Stats:
16 Years in the league
2.43 GAA
47 Shut Outs
.906 Save Percentage
4 Stanley Cups

Yeah he's terrible. What are the Red Wings thinking? They must not know talent if he's their keeper. :Smile
WIngs had me worried against the Kings on Saturday. Get behind early, come back and score, get scored on 10 seconds later, score, get scored on 10 seconds later, get scored on again. Thank God for 3 goals in 3 minutes there at the end. Losing to Eric Zane's sloppy seconds would have sucked!
dolph Wrote:There is no way we're keeping all three free agents. So, what two do you keep, between Zetterberg, Hossa, and Franzen. As muc as I like the Mule I'm hoping he's the one that goes. He was bitch to sign when his original contract was up and he hadn't done anything yet. It wouldn't suprise me if he and his agent tried to get him a contract similar to Dustin Penner's in Edmonton and I don't think he's worth 4.5 million a year.

Yeah I agree. I like the mule as much as the next fan, but he isn't worth anything over 3, 3.5mil a year. Just keep Hossa and Z, and let guys like Leino and Helm come up.
Bang! Wrote:Osgood is the luckiest goalie alive. He is not a good goalie.

I don't know why people cant see this.

I hope Howie is gettin ready for the big time.

I can't believe anybody would say this. Well actually I can but that's from the casual fan who doesn't really know s about hockey. You show me any goalie with the career stats that he has and I'll show you a hall of famer. However, there's still a debate over whether or not he should be in and I think it's malarky. Osgood gives up some real easy ones and hasn't been stellar this year and yet still is getting wins. He's a hall of fame goaltender that everybody feels like they should rip on.
Rock Monster Wrote:Career Stats:
16 Years in the league
2.43 GAA
47 Shut Outs
.906 Save Percentage
4 Stanley Cups

Yeah he's terrible. What are the Red Wings thinking? They must not know talent if he's their keeper. :Smile

Wow. Do you watch the Red Wings?

Do you see the teams they have put in front of Osgood? Did you see the D he had in front of him last year? My fat aunt could have been in goal and they would have won the cup.

Defense wins cups in this age of the NHL.

Let us take a look at his career before he got on the wings:

Season Team League GP W L T OTL MIN GA SO GAA GP W L MIN GA SO GAA
Bang! Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Career Stats:
16 Years in the league
2.43 GAA
47 Shut Outs
.906 Save Percentage
4 Stanley Cups

Do you see the teams they have put in front of Osgood? Did you see the D he had in front of him last year? My fat aunt could have been in goal and they would have won the cup.

[quote="Rock Monster"]
[quote="Bang!"]

Why does it have to be a hatred for ozzy? He has played solid enough during the playoffs, just barely. He does have some rings. Hall of famer? Hell no.
Bang! Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Those are minor league stats. They don't mean a thing. How about you look at the 4 years he wasn't with the wings:

2001-02 29 NYI NHL 66 32 25 6 3743 156 2.50 4 1727 .910
2002-03 30 NYI NHL 37 17 14 4 1993 97 2.92 2 815 .894
2002-03 30 SLB NHL 9 4 3 2 532 27 3.05 2 214 .888
2003-04 31 SLB NHL 67 31 25 8 3861 144 2.24 3 1460 .910

Or you can look at the fact that he has never had a losing record in goal.

The staple of any team is the goalie. You can't win the cup without a good one. Hossa missing wide (after time ran out, and it wouldn't have counted) means nothing. They would have went to OT then. Even if they lost, there would have been a seventh game, in Detroit. Like I said before... I think the Wings management has a better judgment about talent than someone like you.

The same management that leaped faster then a fat kid at cake at a Hasek trade?

Please stop. Wing fans are allowed to hate Osgood.

He.Is.Not.A.GD.HoF.Goalie.

The same management that drafted Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the later rounds of the draft. The same management that drafted Lidstrom. The same management that got Hossa to agree to less money. The same management that created a dynasty team that after 45 years of no Stanley Cups got 4 of them in 10 years. Yeah that management has WAY better knowledge of who should and shouldn't be on a team than the likes of you. Ken Holland is the best general manager in ALL of sports, but hey, some guy on the Freebeer and Hotwings forum knows better than he does about hockey and about running a team.
cuppie Wrote:
Bang! Wrote:The same management that leaped faster then a fat kid at cake at a Hasek trade?

Please stop. Wing fans are allowed to hate Osgood.

He.Is.Not.A.GD.HoF.Goalie.

The same management that drafted Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the later rounds of the draft. The same management that drafted Lidstrom. The same management that got Hossa to agree to less money. The same management that created a dynasty team that after 45 years of no Stanley Cups got 4 of them in 10 years. Yeah that management has WAY better knowledge of who should and shouldn't be on a team than the likes of you. Ken Holland is the best general manager in ALL of sports, but hey, some guy on the Freebeer and Hotwings forum knows better than he does about hockey and about running a team.

Cause I was saying how I knew more then him.....

Calm down. GAWD.

P.S Osgood blows.
Bang! Wrote:
cuppie Wrote:The same management that drafted Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the later rounds of the draft. The same management that drafted Lidstrom. The same management that got Hossa to agree to less money. The same management that created a dynasty team that after 45 years of no Stanley Cups got 4 of them in 10 years. Yeah that management has WAY better knowledge of who should and shouldn't be on a team than the likes of you. Ken Holland is the best general manager in ALL of sports, but hey, some guy on the Freebeer and Hotwings forum knows better than he does about hockey and about running a team.

Cause I was saying how I knew more then him.....

Calm down. GAWD.

P.S Osgood blows.

Saying that Ozzie sucks implies that you think you know more and could do a better job. You suck at life, how could you do better at evaluating talent?

P.S. Ozzie will be in the HHOF some day. (not first ballot)
Great game for Conks last night against Chicago. Let's hope he can replicate that in the Winter Classic tomorrow. He's got more experience than anybody else in outdoor games though so he should have an advantage.
Well, Conklin played well, and was the first star on the day. (even though I don't think he should have been) A game like that has to be tough on the keepers, just standing there and getting cold.

Nice job Huds, 2g and 1a, with only 14:36 ice time. Can you imagine his point totals if he were closer to 20 min a game, like Franzen, Hossa, Datsuk, or Hank?
Rock Monster Wrote:Well, Conklin played well, and was the first star on the day. (even though I don't think he should have been) A game like that has to be tough on the keepers, just standing there and getting cold.

Nice job Huds, 2g and 1a, with only 14:36 ice time. Can you imagine his point totals if he were closer to 20 min a game, like Franzen, Hossa, Datsuk, or Hank?

This reads like some Chinese stereo instructions . . .

<-----knows squat about hockey
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Well, Conklin played well, and was the first star on the day. (even though I don't think he should have been) A game like that has to be tough on the keepers, just standing there and getting cold.

This reads like some Chinese stereo instructions . . .

Translated: I think Hudler would score a lot more points if he played more.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:This reads like some Chinese stereo instructions . . .

Translated: I think Hudler would score a lot more points if he played more.

I think so too. I would like to see him with datsyuk and hossa or Z and franzen
cuppie Wrote:You're just pissed because Hossa wanted to play for a team that can win a stanley cup instead of sucking in the finals. Crosby is a bitch. Nothing but a winey little pussy. The only thing that would have made Detroit winning the cup better last season would be if Crosby ran into Kronwall. If you don't remember what that looks like here's a replay

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/6BdgnVNxVmk&hl=en[/flash]

If that was Crosby getting hit I would have loved it even more.

Oh yeah and don't forget about this. Right now the records for both teams stand as this, Pitt- 16-10-4 36 points Detroit 20-5-4 44 points. +/- for Pitt +13 Detroit +15 and that's with less than stellar goaltending. Eat it Pittsburgh, if it weren't for Lemieux you wouldn't even have a team anymore. He single handedly kept the penguins in pittsburgh. You won't see the Red Wings ever having rumors of leaving Detroit.

hahahah ur a bitch.. we'll see in the playoffs im pretty sure they beat the wings in the ghetto.. i mean detroit this year
Rock Monster Wrote:
Bang! Wrote:Cause I was saying how I knew more then him.....

Calm down. GAWD.

P.S Osgood blows.

Saying that Ozzie sucks implies that you think you know more and could do a better job. You suck at life, how could you do better at evaluating talent?

P.S. Ozzie will be in the HHOF some day. (not first ballot)

LOL. How does that imply that? Wow. Take a chill pill slappy Mcdipshit.