Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Arena Football in 2009
Looks like the AFL is going to "suspend operations" for the 2009 season. That sucks!

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/afl/news...id=3759813
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
That blows a big one.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Wow. When I saw the thread title I figured it was in reference to just the Rampage, which wouldn't have come as much of a surprise. Didn't figure it was the whole dang league.

It seems like in recent years you'd hear all about how the league kept growing, both in fan base and finances, each season. Wonder if that was just fluff, in hopes it would attract more advertising bucks.
seems like it was fluff. suprised me too their games were televised!
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I really enjoyed the smaller division of the arena football league. Not sure what it was called. Maybe like a2 or something? But I used to go to local games and it was pretty fun.
What's surprising is how ticket sales have been way up, yet, they're canceling an entire season! What's more surprising is how Dan DeVos, owner of one of the smaller teams in the league (the Rampage, if you didn't know) says he can survive, but some of the bigger teams are bitching because of the advertisers!

Wonder how Jon Bon Jovi is doing?
Jon Bon is probably writing a crappy song about it that will shoot to the top of the charts and make millions.
Jay Wrote:I really enjoyed the smaller division of the arena football league. Not sure what it was called. Maybe like a2 or something? But I used to go to local games and it was pretty fun.

Yeah, there is a feeder league to the AFL, af2. That league isn't shutting down for this season, last I heard.
I haven't cared about the AFL since the Nashville Kats shutdown for the second time. And I never believed the league was as strong as they let on. Back in 2001 they were touting the AFL as so strong while 2 of the best supported teams, the Kats and the Milwaukee Mustangs, folded. If the league was so strong, you wouldn't have the revolving door of teams they have.
I watched a few Kats games. That is some fast moving football. Definitely different than the NFL.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I believe I read an article in Sunday's paper about the owners getting all this shit settled, and they should be playing the '10 season
Wowie Groovie !