Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message/Insult Christmas Gift
Alright, got to get this one started. Have you ever been given a gift that was an insult or contained a message? Describe it.

Mine was by my Mom, she got me a bowl and told me until I got married, she would buy me kitchen ware until I gave up being single.
I bought deodorant and mouthwash for a co-worker. He needed it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Back in high school we had a friend who decided not to bathe so much anymore. The smell was so bad it would make you sick to your stomach and give you a headache...we left him a bar of soap with a bow on his music stand, which he found. He was not happy.

We all laughed.
www.keyboardforblondes.com

my dad thinks i'm clueless or something.
A friend of mine started dating this girl I didn't approve of so I got him the Peter Griffin "No Fat Chick" T-shirt.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:A friend of mine started dating this girl I didn't approve of so I got him the Peter Griffin "No Fat Chick" T-shirt.

Classic!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
One year a boyfriend I had got mad that I was getting hit on at work so gave me a T-Shirt to wear at work that said, "You're ugly, I'm bored, Go Away!" Asked him if it meant me, he said no, it was for my co-workers to get a clue.
This wasn't really an insult gift, just the worst gift I've ever received. I mentioned in another thread that I often spend too much on my significant others' gifts, including this one. For my ex's birthday I got that whole pet snake package which ran me a few hundred bucks, and he had his mother crochet me a blanket. His justification was, "Well, I bought the yarn."
That's what she said.
How big was the blanket? I crochet blankets (afghans), scarves, hats, whatever, and depending on how complicated the piece, it can take a while. You should be more grateful to your mother in law for taking a couple months to make that, than to him for 'getting the yarn'.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:How big was the blanket? I crochet blankets (afghans), scarves, hats, whatever, and depending on how complicated the piece, it can take a while. You should be more grateful to your mother in law for taking a couple months to make that, than to him for 'getting the yarn'.

It's a big blanket and I really like it, but that's my point - it was really a gift from her and a lame excuse by him.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:
0rz0ski Wrote:How big was the blanket? I crochet blankets (afghans), scarves, hats, whatever, and depending on how complicated the piece, it can take a while. You should be more grateful to your mother in law for taking a couple months to make that, than to him for 'getting the yarn'.

It's a big blanket and I really like it, but that's my point - it was really a gift from her and a lame excuse by him.

Oh, okay. Sorry, I read that a little fast. Pop off comments for the win. Smile
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Allyson Wrote:

Hate to play the evil advocate here. Depending on the yarn. $2.99 a pop, for a 100 row granny square, your looking at up to 20 to 30 scans of yarn, which can be brought up to $60 to $90 bucks just in supplies. I have a granny square style blanket, eight sides, I am working on for my king size sleigh bed. I have eight rows left to finish it. I have almost $200 in yarn supplies in just making it, not to mention the hours.
lokizilla Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:It's a big blanket and I really like it, but that's my point - it was really a gift from her and a lame excuse by him.

Hate to play the evil advocate here. Depending on the yarn. $2.99 a pop, for a 100 row granny square, your looking at up to 20 to 30 scans of yarn, which can be brought up to $60 to $90 bucks just in supplies. I have a granny square style blanket, eight sides, I am working on for my king size sleigh bed. I have eight rows left to finish it. I have almost $200 in yarn supplies in just making it, not to mention the hours.

I now know more about yarn than I ever thought I would... ???
lokizilla Wrote:Depending on the yarn. $2.99 a pop, for a 100 row granny square, your looking at up to 20 to 30 scans of yarn, which can be brought up to $60 to $90 bucks just in supplies. I have a granny square style blanket, eight sides, I am working on for my king size sleigh bed. I have eight rows left to finish it. I have almost $200 in yarn supplies in just making it, not to mention the hours.

My cat's breath smells like catfood.
Moobs Minger Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:Depending on the yarn. $2.99 a pop, for a 100 row granny square, your looking at up to 20 to 30 scans of yarn, which can be brought up to $60 to $90 bucks just in supplies. I have a granny square style blanket, eight sides, I am working on for my king size sleigh bed. I have eight rows left to finish it. I have almost $200 in yarn supplies in just making it, not to mention the hours.

My cat's breath smells like catfood.

Buy some meow mints!!!
minger1024 Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:Hate to play the evil advocate here. Depending on the yarn. $2.99 a pop, for a 100 row granny square, your looking at up to 20 to 30 scans of yarn, which can be brought up to $60 to $90 bucks just in supplies. I have a granny square style blanket, eight sides, I am working on for my king size sleigh bed. I have eight rows left to finish it. I have almost $200 in yarn supplies in just making it, not to mention the hours.

I now know more about yarn than I ever thought I would...???

Sorry. Just was making a little bit of a point.
I bought my sister a resume handbook because she needs to get a job.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Krystal Wrote:I bought my sister a resume handbook because she needs to get a job.

Did you get applications to go with it?
I should have, but unless I drove the two hours to my parents' house (where she and her 2 kids live), picked them up, drove 30 miles to the nearest, decent-sized town, and dropped them off, just to make sure they were turned in, it would be a completely pointless exercise. Which makes me think that so is the resume handbook. But one could hope that she would get off her you-know-what and get a job.

Not that it would really matter. I love my sister, but I know she'd probably get fired from whatever job within two months.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
2 hours...I'm guessing some where like Fayetteville or some thing like that. My brother lives with our parents and has his two kids there too. He doesn't have a job. He lost that a few months ago. I'm battling to try to hang on to mine until one more year vested in where I can walk away with my 401k, because my company won't let anyone have the match if they leave before 5 years of slave labor is done. I'll use the resume book. LOL