Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interns
I'm sure it doesn't matter to most of the listeners, but as someone who was a Communications major and has worked in radio, journalism and public relations, I know how difficult it was to get an internship in those fields. So why does Joe give the internships to those who have no plans on going into radio? Among those who served as interns for the show were criminal justice, accounting and biology majors. Just a pet peeve of mine. The idea of internships is to get experience, not "just to have fun."
Maybe that's why they get the interns that they do. Cause maybe they don't want someone that's all serious but truly wants to have fun. Was loose wendy wanting to work in radio?
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
it's all about who gives Joe the best blumpkin.
I gave them internships because they asked and I needed one at that time. It doesn't really matter to me. In fact if it came down to it I would take someone not going into radio over a communications major any day. So far they have been more reliable than comm majors in every way. And they give the blumpkins
joegfbhw Wrote:And they give the blumpkins

little kraut slut.

now tell us how in the interviews you go about picking which one you're going to go all the way with. IPJ style.
well im an intern and im a broadcasting major
pubeface Wrote:well im an intern and im a broadcasting major

you don't count, you're worthless. Smile

You must have gave a great blumpkin.... or maybe you were the one that gave the unforgettable rusty trombone.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
or a cleveland steam roller perhaps
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
So what's the deal with Kurt Busch? Is he a career intern?
residentialevil Wrote:So what's the deal with Kurt Busch? Is he a career intern?
I think his internship is pretty much done but he comes back only for the NTT segment and so they can make fun of him and his ma again.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
true, i am worthless
would an exalt make your sorry ass feel better?
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
Jo Wrote:

you don't count, you're worthless. Smile

I see a weakness in the armor when Becky uses a smiley when replying to Pubeface.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
joegfbhw Wrote:I gave them internships because they asked and I needed one at that time. It doesn't really matter to me. In fact if it came down to it I would take someone not going into radio over a communications major any day. So far they have been more reliable than comm majors in every way. And they give the blumpkins

Joe I want to be an intern for a day. That way when Pube falls asleep I'll taze his ass instead of using the airhorn. That would be some good video.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
joegfbhw Wrote:I gave them internships because they asked and I needed one at that time. It doesn't really matter to me. In fact if it came down to it I would take someone not going into radio over a communications major any day. So far they have been more reliable than comm majors in every way. And they give the blumpkins

Joe I want to be an intern for a day. That way when Pube falls asleep I'll taze his ass instead of using the airhorn. That would be some good video.

can we do the biff and howie show?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I'm afraid that I could only be remotely interesting on the air for maybe 15 minutes....and that would be pushing it. Sorry Howie.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Jo Wrote:you don't count, you're worthless. Smile

I see a weakness in the armor when Becky uses a smiley when replying to Pubeface.

without a Smile it seemed a bit too mean.
Jo Wrote:
Admin Wrote:I see a weakness in the armor when Becky uses a smiley when replying to Pubeface.

without a Smile it seemed a bit too mean.

I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with a kinder, gentler Becky.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:I'm afraid that I could only be remotely interesting on the air for maybe 15 minutes....and that would be pushing it. Sorry Howie.

agreed....aside from a "what can Howie do?...oh wait he failed...ofcourse" I'd have no idea what to even start with.

I'm thinking with a few of my close buddies I could do what the guys do...but eventually i'd run out of funny words like

'wobbleknob' or 'whippledick' and funny stories. Plus it would take forever to 'forget' that a billion people were listening.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
i would enjoy hearing the biff family vs. the howie family in family feud.
Let's see...

Me
Weinerpoopie
Our Cursing Grandma (she calls me a SOB and flips me off a lot)
Our Dad
My Wife (who told me the other night "If you wake that baby I'll Effing destroy you" in the sweetest voice)
dino Wrote:Maybe that's why they get the interns that they do. Cause maybe they don't want someone that's all serious but truly wants to have fun. Was loose wendy wanting to work in radio?

Loose Wendy actually DOES work in radio. She is on nights on WGRD. She actually isn't half bad.
patmcgroin Wrote:
dino Wrote:Maybe that's why they get the interns that they do. Cause maybe they don't want someone that's all serious but truly wants to have fun. Was loose wendy wanting to work in radio?

Loose Wendy actually DOES work in radio. She is on nights on WGRD. She actually isn't half bad.
I know she does now, I was just wondering if those were her intentions when she applied for an internship or if she was just having fun and then decided to go into radio.
Quote of the Day:
If I didn't have a full-time job, I would love to be an intern on the show. I was never interested in radio until I started listening to FBHW and ever since then I swear up and down that radio would be my second choice if I had to do college all over again. I had to live vicariously through my wife during her short stint as an intern. She enjoyed it, but had too many studies and other engagements that took up a lot of her time and it all exhausted her.

She wasn't a broadcasting major, but was interested in the concept.
Admin Wrote:I'm afraid that I could only be remotely interesting on the air for maybe 15 minutes....and that would be pushing it. Sorry Howie.
It would sound like the Joe and Ben show... I could handle more of that.
dino Wrote:
patmcgroin Wrote:Loose Wendy actually DOES work in radio. She is on nights on WGRD. She actually isn't half bad.
I know she does now, I was just wondering if those were her intentions when she applied for an internship or if she was just having fun and then decided to go into radio.

Yes and no. I was a broadcasting major, and had already done an internship in television, and didn't like it. So, I turned my sights to radio, got an internship, and the rest is history, I suppose.
Wow, nice topic. You have the show members coming out in droves... and "Wahh, Im sad about stuff"
pubeface Wrote:true, i am worthless

Why don't you fall asleep more...

D-bag.

Damn that pisses me off. So many people would love to intern.
theterribletwist Wrote:If I didn't have a full-time job, I would love to be an intern on the show. I was never interested in radio until I started listening to FBHW and ever since then I swear up and down that radio would be my second choice if I had to do college all over again. I had to live vicariously through my wife during her short stint as an intern. She enjoyed it, but had too many studies and other engagements that took up a lot of her time and it all exhausted her.

Am I interpreting this right? Your married to Loose Wendy?? Undecided
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
no, terribletwist is the guy putting it to former intern Devon.
pubeface Wrote:true, i am worthless

Not true...you totally kicked ass on the guitar on Friday!
Mad Dog Wrote:
theterribletwist Wrote:If I didn't have a full-time job, I would love to be an intern on the show. I was never interested in radio until I started listening to FBHW and ever since then I swear up and down that radio would be my second choice if I had to do college all over again. I had to live vicariously through my wife during her short stint as an intern. She enjoyed it, but had too many studies and other engagements that took up a lot of her time and it all exhausted her.

Am I interpreting this right? Your married to Loose Wendy?? Undecided

Heck no!

I'm not married.
loosewendy Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Am I interpreting this right? Your married to Loose Wendy?? Undecided

Heck no!

I'm not married.

Thank you Loose Wendy, at least my fantasy's are still intact.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:
loosewendy Wrote:Heck no!

I'm not married.

You're quite welcome! Consider it a Christmas gift from me to you.
Mad Dog Wrote:
loosewendy Wrote:Heck no!

I'm not married.

Mine is her and IPJ doing some mean scissor action.
:Smile
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote::Smile

With Barnaby watching in the background.
Bang! Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote::Smile

With Barnaby watching in the background.

Hey Mister "turning Japanese" guy!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Bang! Wrote:With Barnaby watching in the background.

Hey Mister "turning Japanese" guy!

I think you need to "push" him into the studio the next time you visit. He needs to be on air with them already.